Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Deathlist 2024

I was a regular listener in his R1 days when he seemed ground-breaking and new.

Less so as time went on, especially with his R2 shows over the last few years, when he became a bit of a parody of himself IMO. But still a big part of popular music radio broadcasting.

Serious dyin'

RIP. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

I was a regular listener in his R1 days when he seemed ground-breaking and new.

Less so as time went on, especially with his R2 shows over the last few years, when he became a bit of a parody of himself IMO. But still a big part of popular music radio broadcasting.

Serious dyin'

RIP. 

No G 

6 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Think when they don’t give a cause of death that's most likely the case.

It really isn't. Often it takes time for pathologists to determine the precise cause of death, or the family simply do not want it to be shared. In this case, aside from there being no suspicious circumstances, his bother has intimated that there were unfortunate 'lifestyle choices'. Read into that what you will. Despite this, although the possibility of suicide cannot be ruled out at this stage, speculation is pointless. 

Edited by SpacedX
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

It really isn't. Often it takes time for pathologists to determine the precise cause of death, or the family simply do not want it to be shared. In this case, aside from there being no suspicious circumstances, his bother has intimated that there were unfortunate 'lifestyle choices'. Read into that what you will. Despite this, although the possibility of suicide cannot be ruled out at this stage, speculation is pointless. 

Doesn't stop the gutter press.

Friday's national newspaper front pages | UK News | Sky News

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, filthyfox said:

Did Steve Wright kill himself, do you think?

Absolutely horrific if he did!

I did wonder this as people kept saying he'd lost his sense of purpose when he lost his radio 2 afternoon show, like he'd spiralled into a deep depression 

Just now, Facecloth said:

I did wonder this as people kept saying he'd lost his sense of purpose when he lost his radio 2 afternoon show, like he'd spiralled into a deep depression 

Which people?

54 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Which people?

I've heard it from numerous people who have paid tribute to him over the past couple of days. Bob Harris, Jeremy Vine off the top of my head.

47 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Someone dying from a broken heart doesn't necessarily mean that they committed suicide.

I don't think I said it did?

The only way anyone can die from a "broken heart" is if the heart is physically "broken". 

However I believe when someone is left utterly bereft and sees no future after some catastrophic life event, they can descend into the absolute depths of despair and just give up on life, stop eating, stop functioning, become reclusive and just "fade away".

Is that the same thing as dying from a "broken heart" Possibly.

Edited by Parafox

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've heard it from numerous people who have paid tribute to him over the past couple of days. Bob Harris, Jeremy Vine off the top of my head.

Was this in public, on air. If so I have never heard any of them say anything other than he will be sadly missed and how valued and loved he was by all who knew and worked with him. I never heard any of them speculate about or mention spiralling depression. That would be crass and inappropriate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Parafox said:

Was this in public, on air. If so I have never heard any of them say anything other than he will be sadly missed and how valued and loved he was by all who knew and worked with him. I never heard any of them speculate about or mention spiralling depression. That would be crass and inappropriate.

Sorry some misunderstanding here. I didn't say they said spiralling depression on air, just that he was heart broken and lost his sense of purpose, which to me sounded like they were talking about someone who had slipped into a depression. As others have said, that doesn't have to mean it was suicide, but could mean he stopped taking car of himself, drink too much, didn't eat properly etc.

• Thanks 1

On 04/02/2024 at 12:09, Dr Marco said:

Brian Wilson's wife Melinda has died

Hope Brian will stay strong but I fear he will die soon :/

Don't say that!

• Sad 1