Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Deathlist 2024

On 17/02/2024 at 00:00, MPH said:

I don’t think it was suicide. People … find ways of coping with depression that can be detrimental to one’s health..

That's true...   my 3am mcdonalds and midnight karaoke trips aren't really helping!

On 17/02/2024 at 06:41, Sly said:

I see his brother has dismissed the “broken heart” and blamed lifestyle choices and diet. 

Apparently, at his heaviest, Steve Wright was 18st...   shit...   I weigh more than that!

But I don't look that heavy!

3 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Ps.  I am really sad about Steve Wright.  I grew to love his 3 hours of fun after the seriousness of Jeremy Vine.

Serious Jockin'?

Rubbish broadcastin'

• Like 1

On 21/02/2024 at 21:03, filthyfox said:

Fun though.  And that's what's missing in this incredibly woke world.

If only there was a "new world" to sail to.

People already did, that's the problem. 

On 21/02/2024 at 14:09, Free Falling Foxes said:

Always thought appraisals were a waste of time and that piece gave it the ridicule it deserves.

I spent an entire annual review arguing with my MD. 

Him: ”What do you see as your role in the company?”

I’m a facilitator,” I replied, hoping that would gloss over that I was kinda responsible for all sales and had done £0 of business in 12 months. 

That word doesn’t exist.”

55 minutes later and we are still hotly debating language. I’m guessing he woke at 3am swearing when he realised he’d forgotten the whole point of the review. 

I resigned three months later and was allowed gardening leave for my entire 6-month notice period. 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Sad.

Movie buffs will also remember him as one of Patrick Magee's co-conspirators at the end of A Clockwork Orange

He was also in the original pilot for The Black Adder

• Like 1