Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Deathlist 2024

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Former Villa, Southampton and Northern Ireland centre back Chris Nicholl.

He made history at Filbert Street in March 1976 by scoring all four goals in a 2-2 draw between Leicester and Villa.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68395058

Still got the sports mercury (Buff) from that day, with the match report.

• Like 1

Bowles had a good innings, by far one of the most beautiful players of the game. In a time where butchery dominated, Stan was a shaft of pure gold genius. One of the two players who made me fall in love with football. RIP.

Chris Nicholl, former Villa and Saints player (amongst others), who famously scored all four goals in a 2-2 draw against us in March 1976, has passed away at the age of 77. His death appears to be dementia related and as a prolific and exceptional header of the ball, there is strong indication that like Jeff Astle, repeated minor traumas had contributed to his condition and ultimately, demise. 

On 25/02/2024 at 23:37, Daggers said:

Bowles had a good innings, by far one of the most beautiful players of the game. In a time where butchery dominated, Stan was a shaft of pure gold genius. One of the two players who made me fall in love with football. RIP.

The other being Frank Worthington?

On 25/02/2024 at 23:37, Daggers said:

And to remember him no doubt QPR will play the best they have in the last 10 years on Saturday!:dry:

3 hours ago, boots60 said:

The other being Frank Worthington?

Cryuff (and Neeskins and Rep, and Platini and Six)

And to a lesser extent, Murren & Thijssen, Mario Kempes, Tony Currie, Eddie Gray

I saw Wortho play, but for some reason I warmed to Larry May - and odd choice given my adoration of flair players.

14 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Cryuff (and Neeskins and Rep, and Platini and Six)

And to a lesser extent, Murren & Thijssen, Mario Kempes, Tony Currie, Eddie Gray

I saw Wortho play, but for some reason I warmed to Larry May - and odd choice given my adoration of flair players.

You mean Arnold Muhren of Ipswich? They had an excellent side then.

52 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

BBC News - Dave Myers: The Hairy Bikers star, who had cancer, dies at 66

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68433675

Very sad, he'd battled with a few serious illnesses down the years. I watched him and Si do a cooking demo once and they were brilliant, two funny guys. I've also got all their books and autobiography too. All really good works. RIP Dave.

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

On last weeks curb he was doing a gag about putting Larry David in his will, didn’t look well at all last few seasons. Very funny man.

Hopefully it wasn’t because he was waiting for a Kidney.

A perfectly healthy, and good temperament XL Bully that is seized as a stray dog earlier today.

A bit premature, but in 7 days, thanks to Tory legislation,  I have no option but to put it down.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, filthyfox said:

A perfectly healthy, and good temperament XL Bully that is seized as a stray dog earlier today.

A bit premature, but in 7 days, thanks to Tory legislation,  I have no option but to put it down.

Sorry for the dog losing it's life. You say good temperament and many must present the same characteristics, but how do you know that dog would not randomly attack, as so many seem to?

As I'm sure you know, the legislation is a result of XL Bully attacks, some resulting in deaths. 

16 hours ago, filthyfox said:

That is so sad. Some intolerable shitmuncher of a person presumably just dumped the poor thing rather than just register them.

16 hours ago, filthyfox said:

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Sorry for the dog losing it's life. You say good temperament and many must present the same characteristics, but how do you know that dog would not randomly attack, as so many seem to?

As I'm sure you know, the legislation is a result of XL Bully attacks, some resulting in deaths. 

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

That is so sad. Some intolerable shitmuncher of a person presumably just dumped the poor thing rather than just register them.

Have I missed something? Or misunderstood @filthyfox post?