Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Luke Thomas

32 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

We will probably take up the option to extend his contract and then look to sell him.

...so I could still be wrong (likely).

Even he does well at 'Boro will they pay £5m for him?  Seems unlikely.  Hopefully he finds some form in any event.

• Like 1

We really should have cashed in when everyone outside of Leicester only seen an upcoming England Under 21 who'd scored a great goal at Old Trafford and won an FA Cup.

The moment a Championship Nottingham Forest targeted him with their average second tier players and got so much joy he was effectively finished. 

He's in the really strange position where he's arguably too good as a footballer for the championship but nowhere near physical or intelligent enough for it. I think he will become a league one/league two level player sadly. 

11 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

We really should have cashed in when everyone outside of Leicester only seen an upcoming England Under 21 who'd scored a great goal at Old Trafford and won an FA Cup.

The moment a Championship Nottingham Forest targeted him with their average second tier players and got so much joy he was effectively finished. 

He's in the really strange position where he's arguably too good as a footballer for the championship but nowhere near physical or intelligent enough for it. I think he will become a league one/league two level player sadly. 

West Ham were seriously interested at the start of the previous season as well. 

Incredible how much he has regressed since that brilliant performance vs Liverpool at home in 2021. He was one of the best performers in the first half of that season generally. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MPH said:

We seem to have a recurring theme with home grown LB players...

I think the recurring theme is the coincidence of players regressing when they come under the influence of an "elite" coach.

I wouldn't read too much into Sheff Utd sending him back. He was playing for a dogshit team as a LWB, which he just hasn't got the engine or end product for. It will be more interesting to see how he gets on at a decent championship team as a LB. This is a very critical few months for him.

• Like 2

Sheffield U fared no better in the cup without Thomas, and their left side of defence was ripped open time after time, a shambles.  I think it was a poor decision to send Luke to such a mess of a team.  Will be interesting to see if he fits in better at Middlesbrough. I suspect his confidence took a huge knock during his last 2 seasons with us.

• Like 1

Contract is actually until 2026 apparently

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luke-thomas-middlesbrough-question-transfer-28531668

That said, despite Transfermarkt listing his contract expiration date as the end of the season, Jordan clarifies that Boro would have to pay a fee in the summer if they were to want to make the move a permanent one.

Jordan said: "He's actually under contract at Leicester until 2026, so he's got a couple of years left on his deal. It's really difficult to see him having any kind of future at Leicester while Maresca is in charge though, and with the way things are going, the club will want the Italian to stick around for a while.

"So on that basis, yes, I can see Thomas being sold in the summer if a decent fee is sent Leicester's way. I think Thomas would be keen on a move to anywhere he feels like he's going to get regular football."

• Like 1