Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Luke Thomas

I think Ndidi is a classic example that if a player is willing and if they allow themselves to be coachable and if they apply themselves correctly, then a new role can await them in the team. This is all on him. If he shows that he is willing to graft and get into it then he can work on doing the  Ricky P role on the left. Maresca has always said that he prefers a left footed person to play on the left side.. I mean, that in of itself leaves the door wide open for Luke. But has he got the  desire to do that? He’d be basically admitting that the first half of the season was a mistake and he’ll be starting over again.

lot of ifs and conjecture in that, but if he’s not up for it, then we simply have to sell.

I have been reliably informed by someone close to his family that Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder hasn't even spoken to LT since his return and will cancel the loan and send him back to LCFC as soon as possible.
LCFC in return have no plans for him and will immediately look to move him on.

Just what i've been told!!

10 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

I don't think they want to see them fail. We all want academy players to succeed 

hearing comments at games and reading them on here refute that. 

8 hours ago, MPH said:

I think Ndidi is a classic example that if a player is willing and if they allow themselves to be coachable and if they apply themselves correctly, then a new role can await them in the team. This is all on him. If he shows that he is willing to graft and get into it then he can work on doing the  Ricky P role on the left. Maresca has always said that he prefers a left footed person to play on the left side.. I mean, that in of itself leaves the door wide open for Luke. But has he got the  desire to do that? He’d be basically admitting that the first half of the season was a mistake and he’ll be starting over again.

lot of ifs and conjecture in that, but if he’s not up for it, then we simply have to sell.

It's not about desire. He isn't good enough. 

I feel awful - as I'm sure many do - for being so blunt about a nice Leicester lad whose family are on here too. 

But to me,.from day one, he's never looked good enough. There have been moments I've wobbled and seen him put in really intelligent performances, but then, next game, he'll be the slowest, weakest,.least skilful player on the pitch. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I feel awful - as I'm sure many do - for being so blunt about a nice Leicester lad whose family are on here too. 

But to me,.from day one, he's never looked good enough. There have been moments I've wobbled and seen him put in really intelligent performances, but then, next game, he'll be the slowest, weakest,.least skilful player on the pitch. 

Yep. Not everyone has the necessary skill set to be top of the pile. He's probably light years ahead of most posters here, but it doesn't mean he's got what he needs at this level. Maybe he can find a place at a League 2 or Scottish club. Hope he makes the right move.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Yep. Not everyone has the necessary skill set to be top of the pile. He's probably light years ahead of most posters here, but it doesn't mean he's got what he needs at this level. Maybe he can find a place at a League 2 or Scottish club. Hope he makes the right move.

Come on. He’s clearly much higher than League 2 level! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I do see what you are saying. i really do. However Maresca is the one person i have known who seems to be able to truly coach a person to be someone different. to coach them in a way they haunt been coached before. to give them the belief to adapt  and change To improve a player.  - We have a manager who is totally different to anyone i have ever known to have managed us.

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Calling LT a League Two is ridiculous. The guy probably isn't right for our system but he could easily have a career in the championship in the right setup.

Excellently put. Such ridiculous statements are either an attempt at being edgy or outright displaying the person has a lack of football awareness for me. 

Needs to be very careful where he goes next whether that on loan or permanent.

The Sheffield United loan was an awful decision by both the player and Sheffield..they clearly didn’t do their homework on him.

I don’t think Leeds would be sensible, wouldn’t start there either.

Clubs like Plymouth, QPR or Sheff Weds would be ideal. 

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Needs to be very careful where he goes next whether that on loan or permanent.

The Sheffield United loan was an awful decision by both the player and Sheffield..they clearly didn’t do their homework on him.

I don’t think Leeds would be sensible, wouldn’t start there either.

Clubs like Plymouth, QPR or Sheff Weds would be ideal. 

They need a LB, they have been play Spence there who been recalled by Spurs.

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

They need a LB, they have been play Spence there who been recalled by Spurs.

They have Firpo and want Josh Doig.

LT isnt good enough for a promotion chasing Championship side. 

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

They have Firpo and want Josh Doig.

LT isnt good enough for a promotion chasing Championship side. 

Sorry but you or nobody else on here knows this. It is just fashionable apparently to throw out statements like this as though they are fact.

The actual fact is, LT has never played in the championship so nobody know what level he’d be at. Another fact is he was brought into the first team during covid and an injury crisis at a point the whole team was beginning a downwards trajectory under a failing manager. He was in and out the side and has never had the developmental loan opportunity that KDH, Barnes etc have had.

I don’t think Leeds is a great option for him but what do we class as promotion chasing? West Brom in 5th? They play with an out and out left back by the look of it and Conor Townsend seems to have that position. Sorry, I’m not buying that LT doesn’t have potential to be better than Townsend!

• Like 1

Feel.for him a bit. Never played in a well performing team or under a good manager really. I was never convinced but he's easily a Championship player and if anyone could improve him it's Enzo. He might have to, as I'd imagine we gave him a mega wage after a few mediocre first team showings. 

Wasn’t impressed with him when I saw him play last season but that applies to a number of that squad. His defensive game wasn’t helped by playing with Barnes in front of him. I don’t think he’s good enough for what we want for our future but I hope he goes in to have a decent career elsewhere 

• Like 1

He is not good enough for us at the moment. However he will make a good career in the championship.  If he finds a set up that suits him well he could even make it back to the prem even if not a complete regular. Good luck to him. 

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Sorry but you or nobody else on here knows this. It is just fashionable apparently to throw out statements like this as though they are fact.

The actual fact is, LT has never played in the championship so nobody know what level he’d be at. Another fact is he was brought into the first team during covid and an injury crisis at a point the whole team was beginning a downwards trajectory under a failing manager. He was in and out the side and has never had the developmental loan opportunity that KDH, Barnes etc have had.

I don’t think Leeds is a great option for him but what do we class as promotion chasing? West Brom in 5th? They play with an out and out left back by the look of it and Conor Townsend seems to have that position. Sorry, I’m not buying that LT doesn’t have potential to be better than Townsend!

I don’t think I’ve said it because it’s fashionable.

Its an opinion and one that’s fair to have at the very least.

He didn’t really develop from debut and too often was a weak link for us in the PL. Window after window went by without a much needed loan spell in a lower league. 

Now he’s looking even worse for Sheff Utd, it was a move that should not have happened. 

So I think with Enzo offloading him and him not shining for Sheff Utd it’s fair to say he needs game time at a Championship club further down the pecking order. Sustained gametime is what he needs to build confidence, stamina and resilience. 

4 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I don’t think I’ve said it because it’s fashionable.

Its an opinion and one that’s fair to have at the very least.

He didn’t really develop from debut and too often was a weak link for us in the PL. Window after window went by without a much needed loan spell in a lower league. 

Now he’s looking even worse for Sheff Utd, it was a move that should not have happened. 

So I think with Enzo offloading him and him not shining for Sheff Utd it’s fair to say he needs game time at a Championship club further down the pecking order. Sustained gametime is what he needs to build confidence, stamina and resilience. 

Ok fair enough. The wording I picked up on in your post was very much as though you were saying it as fact. It’s not the extreme view on other posters saying he’s league 2 standard anyway!

I do agree with every single point you have made in this reply though. The Sheff Utd move was a farce. What have we or him learnt about him as a player from it? Nothing.

In terms of not getting loaned out as others have done, I personally think he has been absolutely shafted by this club and Rodgers and is an example of why before Enzo, this club is where careers, particularly young ones, came to die.

He does need to move on and pick his move carefully. But I do think it’s hard to know his level. He’s never played in this league (which he should have had the chance to do on a loan years ago) so nobody does know. 

West Brom was just an example as they appear to play with traditional full backs. I think it is more about a coach who will develop him and for a club that plays a way that suits him. If he has those, I don’t think it’s particularly a case of putting a level on him. I meant if you’re playing in the Championship, whether that’s for Leicester or Rotherham, you’re playing the same teams each week!

He had more about him than VK who was like a rabbit in the headlights at the end of last season.

He is in reality a solid Championship defender I'm sure, but it is time for him to play at this level in a system that suits. That obviously isn't with us though.