Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Luke Thomas

We have to start thinking 2 or 3 years ahead, we stopped doing that which is partly why we were relegated and so many players left on a free before and after. Thomas isn't part of our plans long term - we have Kristiansen (although his future is unsure) who cost a decent wedge and is younger.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

We have to start thinking 2 or 3 years ahead, we stopped doing that which is partly why we were relegated and so many players left on a free before and after. Thomas isn't part of our plans long term - we have Kristiansen (although his future is unsure) who cost a decent wedge and is younger.

Kristiansen went on loan because he didn't want to play the role that Maresca asked him to. I can't see him coming back while Maresca is here because we're unlikely to play with conventional full backs (which is how Kristiansen regards himself). He'll go as soon as anybody offers a fee we regard as acceptable. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Kristiansen went on loan because he didn't want to play the role that Maresca asked him to. I can't see him coming back while Maresca is here because we're unlikely to play with conventional full backs (which is how Kristiansen regards himself). He'll go as soon as anybody offers a fee we regard as acceptable. 

I think we'll see on that front, being back in the PL potentially without Doyle changes things

8 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

That's the most likely scenario, however after the resurrection of Vestergaard, nothing should be ruled out. 

It's possible we may insist he stays, as we want him there as a squad option, whether he likes it or not.

Can’t imagine we will manage to sell him this window (unless maybe Leeds come back in for him) so hopefully we just find some Championship club to loan him to

He won’t get a single minute if he stays here

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sheffield Utd will likely have to cover his wages if we don't manage to find another club.

I do wonder if we might be doing a deal with them where we are happy to cancel the loan for Thomas as long as they take Ward on loan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I do wonder if we might be doing a deal with them where we are happy to cancel the loan for Thomas as long as they take Ward on loan

Yeah quite possibly.

We will get Thomas a loan to the Championship with little trouble but wouldn't be surprised if Brendan came in for him.

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

He's not exactly a beacon of reliability, but Alan Nixon is saying he's been sent back.

Pretty disastrous move for him overall if it's true.

Haven't watched Sheff U much to be fair but it I did think it unlikely Wilder would like Thomas as a player if his tactics are anything like they used to be.

3 hours ago, bmt said:

Haven't watched Sheff U much to be fair but it I did think it unlikely Wilder would like Thomas as a player if his tactics are anything like they used to be.

TBF the previous manager didn't seem to see him as anything other than cover or rotation. Their fans have made a lot of comments along the lines of him not being physical enough for the Prem and getting knocked off the ball a lot so their issues are similar to what a lot of us have said over the last 3 years.

I know we had injury issues when he broke into the side so he was always getting minutes but I don't know why we haven't given him a year at a Championship outpost like Barnes, Chilwell and Hamza all got. Someone like Sheff Wed would have been a better move than Sheff Utd IMO.

4 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I like Luke. But being sent back and swapped with Ward - thats got to trash your confidence.

The other way around actually. " We will happily take you back as long as they take Ward."

26 minutes ago, iancognito said:

TBF the previous manager didn't seem to see him as anything other than cover or rotation. Their fans have made a lot of comments along the lines of him not being physical enough for the Prem and getting knocked off the ball a lot so their issues are similar to what a lot of us have said over the last 3 years.

I know we had injury issues when he broke into the side so he was always getting minutes but I don't know why we haven't given him a year at a Championship outpost like Barnes, Chilwell and Hamza all got. Someone like Sheff Wed would have been a better move than Sheff Utd IMO.

Tbh lots of fans here including myself made the same comments about Luke last season. I like the lad but he's not good enough to play top tier football.

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If we manage to pull that off then we will basically be trolling Sheff Utd with our transfer strategy this season 

• Like 1

I may be wrong here but ....

If he was on loan for the season, and they would have to pay him for that entire time whether they use him or not... then if they send him back we would be within our rights to refuse.

Which may mean that Danny Ward is going to replace him and the negotiations are around that deal....

Ie. No refunds sorry .... Take this shiny Goalkeeper, we'll take the faulty left back in and give you some discount / trade-in

Just now, Charnyst said:

Luke’s a city fan and it must be a honour to play for your home town club  he’s a honest player who doesn’t hide from anything in a game ,Rodger’s completely ruined his confidence and I am sure if he don’t stop with us he can succeed elsewhere I don’t understand some of the disrespect he gets ! 

Agree with this.  He started well for us and had a productive understanding with Barnes but, like so many of our players, eventually suffered from the Rodgers effect.