Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Luke Thomas

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Agree with this.  He started well for us and had a productive understanding with Barnes but, like so many of our players, eventually suffered from the Rodgers effect.

You can't blame BR, for his performance levels that have led to the Blades returning him if true.

He doesn't deserve to much stick, and its unlikely he will take a spot in our current squad, and whilst I dont think he is that bad, he just doesn't look comfortable in the Prem at present,  i think he will do well in another Championship team, just not with us in the system and squad as it is.

• Like 2

He’s got a decent left peg and has had some decent performances but feel as though he hasn’t progressed as we would like due to a lack of physicality.

He could do with a year in the gym whilst learning Enzoball. 

He has an FA Cup Winners Medal, Not many players can say that. He also kept Salah pretty quiet when he played against him, Not many can say that either.

He seems to have lost his way after injury and BR not playing him. On the plus side he's still very young and provided he knuckles down gets himself fit, He could still have agood career

even at Championship level. Good luck to him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He has an FA Cup Winners Medal, Not many players can say that. He also kept Salah pretty quiet when he played against him, Not many can say that either.

He seems to have lost his way after injury and BR not playing him. On the plus side he's still very young and provided he knuckles down gets himself fit, He could still have agood career

even at Championship level. Good luck to him.

Rather take this post..than those that want to go OTT on phsyco-analysing ever one of his weaknesses,and not balancing them

out,with his positive periods in a game or over long phases…

Then let’s first look and ask quietly the question has he been collateral in some poor use of his own style,and coaches looking but not seeing his strengths

Whether at Leicester which I would welcome,or another club,. No sense in crucifying the guy,he had top periods for us,and won the cup,I will keep those in my memory..From today let’s see how it pans out..

• Like 2

Luke clearly is technically quite good and I think he’s better than VK in the system we play.  He’s just lacks an engine and physicality, which unfortunately are major limitations in the modern game.

Unfortunately we have JJ and Doyle who I’d play before him. 

Thomas often get caught out of position a lot, so I’m not sure he could step inside to form that 3rd centre back. 

• Like 1

going on loan to a team who were always going to be dominated on a weekly basis wasn’t exactly what he needed. But we weren’t in a position to loan him to a team in the championship at the time… we could send him to any team now without a concern. 

Somewhere like birmingham or hull would be ideal 

• Like 1

Wilder has been playing him though in the past couple of games.

Maybe they will keep him and we will trigger the one year extension to his contract. 

Cut the cr*p.

Needs a loan spell at a lower end championship team and a subscription to MyProtein if he wants another 30K+ a week contract beyond his current one. 

Edited by Muzzy_no7

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Plenty far too critical of him on here. He's a talented lad whose lost his way.

Needs a move though, and probably a permanent one.

More like he's a lad who's lost his talent

He already looked out of place as a fullback as well as a wingback and I don't want anyone quoting that single Liverpool game.

What's the point of having him at the club, out of VK and him, at least VK was tried in one of the new roles, Thomas was pretty much immediately written off. 

Whatever we get offered for him, take it. 

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Plenty far too critical of him on here. He's a talented lad whose lost his way.

Needs a move though, and probably a permanent one.

A loan to the shittiest PL team was the worst possible move for him. He was hardly the biggest issue there and they are still going to be bottom at the end of the season with or without him.

He needs to go somewhere where he can develop. The irony is that if he did somehow fit our system (which I agree he doesn't) then the way we dominate teams would have done wonders for his confidence. Fingers crossed the right move can be found for him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

A loan to the shittiest PL team was the worst possible move for him. He was hardly the biggest issue there and they are still going to be bottom at the end of the season with or without him.

He needs to go somewhere where he can develop. The irony is that if he did somehow fit our system (which I agree he doesn't) then the way we dominate teams would have done wonders for his confidence. Fingers crossed the right move can be found for him.

Absolutely. Looked like a really bad move from the outset. 

Literally no use for him, he can't play on the wing, he can't do the Ricardo role, Doyle and Justin are better, he can't play centre half...solution really is needed, someone must want him.

• Like 1