Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure Enzo sees it like that. I'm probably wrong though. 

I think he thought like that, then when he got his chance, for whatever reason things just seemed to click. The team has looked a lot smoother when he's played.

Edited by Lionator

8 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I think he saw him as first choice in the few games up to AFCON. Not until then though.

Wasn't an alternative then though. Be interesting with Vardy back, Cannon doing OK and Iheanacho coming back too to see if Enzo does go Daka. I think he should, but I'm not convinced he will. 

8 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Cannon possibly looks more likely to score himself. But when Cannon's there, nobody else ever looks much like scoring at all. Daka's movement opens things up all over the place.

Maybe, I just think Daka all round play is hideous. Cannon is constantly moving but gets zero service 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Very poor tonight. But to be fair to him had absolutely no service to show what he's best at.

I’d say he was surrounded by donkey’s but that would be harsh on donkey’s. He held up play well a few times, one of the shot from that was so pathetic, it can be seen sailing over south Wigston. 

"World class", "legends". I enjoy how these things essential devolve into a semantics argument :D 

Finnegan is factually right on this one though :ph34r:

My order of strikers would probably be

Cannon

Daka

Vardy

Popov

Reece Evans

Trevor Benjamin

Kel

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

So after Swansea at home we will have Daka and Fatawu back in the squad and hopefully Sensi completed.

Things will be looking up on the squad front.

1 hour ago, tickler28 said:

And Wilf

Football is coming home…:ph34r:

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

"World class", "legends". I enjoy how these things essential devolve into a semantics argument :D 

Finnegan is factually right on this one though :ph34r:

Agree about world class, not legends though and think Finnegan is usually a reasonable poster, but he's definitely on the unreasonable side of the argument here.

World class means that someone is in the best "class" of player in the world. That definitely gets overused and used on players who it shouldn't be, like when some of our fans used to try and argue Tielemans was world class despite him probably never being in the top 30 midfielders in the world and clearly never anywhere near the same class as someone like de Bruyne.

"Legend" just means someone who extremely famous and notorious, of course in the context of the club and therefore a "club legend" is someone who is extremely famous, notorious and associated with the club in a positive way. Of course King and Albrighton fall into that category, both will be incredibly well remembered and revered by fans for decades to come.

I think Football Manager has caused people to want to gatekeep that term since it brought it in on the club information screen and created a "hierarchy" between legend, icons and favoured personell that was never used previously in the context of football and was just used for a few people so it wasn't so cluttered and you could have your own players in game on there and feel more special, and was created for computer game mechanic purposes so you had some hierarchy your players could build up on.

No one ever used to be so snooty and gatekeepy about the term “club legend” until football manager introduced those computer game mechanics, the idea of "club legend" being the select group of only the very highest 2 or 3 people associated with a club (like people who get stands named after them for example) in a hierarchy only exists on Football Manager for computer game mechanic purposes and the term simply has never been used that way to indicate an elite 2 or 3 people associated with a club irl, neither does it really fit the context of how the word "legend" gets used, like there are hundreds if not thousands of people who society at large would be recognised as "a legend of music", it's not just Mozart, Beethoven, Elvis and the Beatles and no one else. I mean Richard Wagner, Franz Liszt, Woody Guthrie, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Sam Cooke, Aretha Franklin, Nirvana, Public Enemy, Giorgio Moroder, David Bowie, Dean Martin and hundreds if not thousands of others are clearly musical legends, even if they aren’t in the same class of cultural and musical influence as Beethoven and the Beatles

Edited by Sampson