Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Look the title winning team were absolute heroes and they'll be remembered for ever, it was definitely a legendary achievement. But Ngolo Kante, a club legend that fvcked off after one year? Danny Simpson a club legend who had one decent season? Just think if you abuse and over use the term it cheapens just how immense guys like Kasper and Vards were for us. People want to over-sentimentalise everything, its ok to say someone was great for us and a bit of a cult hero or part of a team that did something phenomenal without designating them a club legend.

Which leads me on nicely to...

Andy King is a great human being, by all accounts, a model pro and a graduate of our academy which is nice.

But come on, he spent a large amount of his time here warming the bench and sticking around largely because we compensated him well to do so because we have owners (and a fan base) that value loyalty and commitment very highly. For a majority of his time at the club he wasn't good enough to even play for the first team. At his peak he was a fairly average, lower-mid-table Championship midfielder that could only pass sideways, ran like he was wearing concrete boots but did have a pretty good finish on him.

He was an important part of our journey "back" but so were Steve Howard, Matty Fryatt, Matt Oakley, Matty James, Chris Wood, Lloyd Dyer, David Nugent et all and despite all of those probably being better footballers than Andy King (Fryatt questionable) I don't think anyone would call them "legends."

King & Albrighton are much the same IMO. People want them to be club legends because they're very popular cult heroes at the club but neither have had a massive impact as actual players beyond one stand out season, despite both being here testimonial lengths of time.

Frank Worthington & Keith Weller are club legends for many yet they didn't win anything. I'd argue that Kante achieved more in one season than they did in all their time with us.

I'm not a huge fan of Andy King (think your description of him is spot on) but those players you're comparing him to, do they have League One, Championship and PL wiiners medals?

Edited by hackneyfox

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Frank Worthington & Keith Weller are club legends for many yet they didn't win anything. I'd argue that Kante achieved more in one season than they did in all their time with us.

I'm not a huge fan of Andy King (think your description of him is spot on) but those players you're comparing him to, do they have League One, Championship and PL wiiners medals?

Lots of members of FA Cup winning squad that aren't legends. 

3 hours ago, HybridFox said:

His goals fired us to an FA Cup Final. Winning goal in the community shield. And now set to be part of a promotion winning team. Yes he is a legend

Nacho is a very endearing character and lots of us have a real soft spot for him.

He isn’t a club legend though. He’s a club really nice bloke. 

Guest glasgowfox
1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

I think he is, and will prove it. Last season's toxicity isn't something I would judge him on.

Fair shout.  I will be delighted if you are right.

11 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Nacho is a very endearing character and lots of us have a real soft spot for him.

He isn’t a club legend though. He’s a club really nice bloke. 

Stayed a few times with my boy after matches for autographs. Quite a lot making the effort this year (in particular Coady, Nelson, Faes, Vesty, Ricardo, Mads, KDH, Winks, Hamza etc). Never seen Nacho do it. One time he was walking to his car and lots of kids shouting his name. he completely blanked everyone getting in his car and as he drove past. Later, we saw his car near Freemans common as we walked past, my 11 year old in full leicester kit waved - completely blanked him. I know they aren't obliged to do anything, but I came away from it thinking he was a bit of a cock.

• Sad 3

21 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Kingy3.JPG.724528c6ecfd7b6ea2851ad7dad36c73.JPG

"What becomes a legend most"

I'd say those three medals.

But you know full well this is absurdly overly simplistic. 

He wasn't a key part of the Championship winning team let alone the Premier League winning one. 

This is exactly my point. 

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But you know full well this is absurdly overly simplistic. 

He wasn't a key part of the Championship winning team let alone the Premier League winning one. 

This is exactly my point. 

The most important thing, emphasized by those medals, is that Kingy was very effective in the leagues LCFC were playing in at the time.  62 goals from midfield.  So while it would be laughable to call him a “football legend”, he is a “club legend” to me and others.

Since the definition of “legend” seems to be personal and indeed debatable, I’ll just say that you and I are no more the arbiters of that term than anybody else.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The most important thing, emphasized by those medals, is that Kingy was very effective in the leagues LCFC were playing in at the time.  62 goals from midfield.  So while it would be laughable to call him a “football legend”, he is a “club legend” to me and others.

Since the definition of “legend” seems to be personal and indeed debatable, I’ll just say that you and I are no more the arbiters of that term than anybody else.

This is undoubtedly true but still... Iheanacho?:wes:

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Look the title winning team were absolute heroes and they'll be remembered for ever, it was definitely a legendary achievement. But Ngolo Kante, a club legend that fvcked off after one year? Danny Simpson a club legend who had one decent season? Just think if you abuse and over use the term it cheapens just how immense guys like Kasper and Vards were for us. People want to over-sentimentalise everything, its ok to say someone was great for us and a bit of a cult hero or part of a team that did something phenomenal without designating them a club legend.

Andy King is a great human being, by all accounts, a model pro and a graduate of our academy which is nice.

But come on, he spent a large amount of his time here warming the bench and sticking around largely because we compensated him well to do so because we have owners (and a fan base) that value loyalty and commitment very highly. For a majority of his time at the club he wasn't good enough to even play for the first team. At his peak he was a fairly average, lower-mid-table Championship midfielder that could only pass sideways, ran like he was wearing concrete boots but did have a pretty good finish on him.

He was an important part of our journey "back" but so were Steve Howard, Matty Fryatt, Matt Oakley, Matty James, Chris Wood, Lloyd Dyer, David Nugent et all and despite all of those probably being better footballers than Andy King (Fryatt questionable) I don't think anyone would call them "legends."

King & Albrighton are much the same IMO. People want them to be club legends because they're very popular cult heroes at the club but neither have had a massive impact as actual players beyond one stand out season, despite both being here testimonial lengths of time.

He played with us up and down all leagues,was a participant in our highest moments…A couple of managers tried to make a DM from an excellent AM.

He scored in every campaign after coming through our Academy…a true 

Leicester City career player that unlike negative remarks,shown how success

and plaudits were great companions he can wear proudly….Also the gravy of being

a Welsh international…If that isn’t having any impact….God your way off having the right to analyse or judge on even understanding footballers careers..

Footballers careers are not just about the real high flyers,there are those that fit a good backbone of shaping a career. The managers in Kings case were often his reason

not to complete more games in his clubs shirts..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Stayed a few times with my boy after matches for autographs. Quite a lot making the effort this year (in particular Coady, Nelson, Faes, Vesty, Ricardo, Mads, KDH, Winks, Hamza etc). Never seen Nacho do it. One time he was walking to his car and lots of kids shouting his name. he completely blanked everyone getting in his car and as he drove past. Later, we saw his car near Freemans common as we walked past, my 11 year old in full leicester kit waved - completely blanked him. I know they aren't obliged to do anything, but I came away from it thinking he was a bit of a cock.

I have to agree..   Not to even acknowledge the lad is a dick move.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You take that back about Albrighton! :nono:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Think you're just trying to be edgy for the sake of it man, academy graduate, won all 3 of the top divisions with that club. The players you've mentioned don't even come close to what King did and achieved with us to be honest. Also I like that you caveat he's a great human being with a by all accounts but you know for fact he stayed for the wedge he was getting. Also saying he had one standout season is harsh.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Coming home tomorrow if they don't win today, no? And they've got Morocco. 

Surely available for selection for Swansea if not Brum? 

if they draw i think they can still go through, as a best placed 3rd place team or something

if they lose out, suspect Brum game would be too soon, maybe Swansea(bench)

• Like 1

On 22/01/2024 at 13:08, Finnegan said:

Andy King played nearly 400 games for us and won three titles in three separate leagues. Baffling that anyone would go out of their way to claim he wasn't a club legend. Even more so to compare him with the likes of Chris Wood.

Deserves to have statues, stands and suites named after him.

• Thanks 2