Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

For all that Cannon looks far more likely than Daka to score himself if he gets half a chance, the fact is that with Cannon up front the last few games, as a team we've barely looked like scoring at all. When Daka's there, chances appear all over the place for everyone. I'm not enough of a tactician to explain why this is, but I'm guessing it's because Daka's off the ball movement is way more effective, and/or he's better at putting others through.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

For all that Cannon looks far more likely than Daka to score himself if he gets half a chance, the fact is that with Cannon up front the last few games, as a team we've barely looked like scoring at all. When Daka's there, chances appear all over the place for everyone. I'm not enough of a tactician to explain why this is, but I'm guessing it's because Daka's off the ball movement is way more effective, and/or he's better at putting others through.

Could have scored quite a few in Cannons last league start vs Ipswich. However I agree we look more dangerous with Daka.

14 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Daka was involved in all three goals yesterday. Should have scored that sitter, but KDH should have scored his other chance also. I for one, want to see him start against Stoke. I can see him bagging there, somehow. Lets see!

I see this post every week lol

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Ipswich and Coventry are far tougher opponents that Swansea.

That said, against Ipswich we should have scored 3 before they even equalized. Coventy we never looked like scoring then got reduced to 10 men.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

His pressing is the best part of his game for me. Genuinely very good at it.

The most surprising but low key excellent part of his game in this system has also been how well he drops in and links up with Hermansen, Winks and the centre backs. 

• Like 2

it felt harsh on Cannon when Daka came straight back in but its been the right call what happens when Nacho is back from AFCON is when we have an issue, surely all 4 won't be involved, unless we drop Nacho into an 8 role?

Just now, Finnegan said:

The most surprising but low key excellent part of his game in this system has also been how well he drops in and links up with Hermansen, Winks and the centre backs. 

the touch and through ball for KDH Tuesday was underrated in its classiness 

• Like 2

Just now, Finn Claw II said:

What’s his contract situation - extend for another 10 years.  He’ll score 20 next season in the Prem.

While we are at it, that Vesty is a player

I think he has 18 months left

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

it felt harsh on Cannon when Daka came straight back in but its been the right call what happens when Nacho is back from AFCON is when we have an issue, surely all 4 won't be involved, unless we drop Nacho into an 8 role?

Nacho will be nowhere near the squad. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

bench for Cannon Vardy and Nacho imo

Daka has offered more than any other forward imo, Cannon a close second

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Time to move on, he's also not played a single minute in AFCON.

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

bench for Cannon Vardy and Nacho imo

Daka has offered more than any other forward imo, Cannon a close second

all 3 strikers on the bench when only 1 is going to come on?, like I said unless Nacho is viewed as an 8/10 option I can't see that happening

If he has the rest of this season scoring goals gaining confidence you never know what might happen in the future. 

Not going to pretend he wasn’t poor in the Prem but he came in just as we were on the decline under our ex manager so makes sense he struggled. Glad he’s doing well and we’re certainly better with him on the pitch 

Very happy with either cannon or daka. We play one, if they aren’t having a good day we bring on the other… then when we are winning comfortably we bring on vardy so we can all reminisce about the good old days and enjoy our final moments with him.

What is not to like 

• Like 1

Have to say I thought he was done here and whatever the reason why he was out of the team at the start of the season, who cares, because finally he is showing what a good player he is. Delighted for him.