Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

NEWSFLASH

Our very own @Finnegan has made a historical Top Ten list! 

tenlonewarriors.JPG.3508aaf8492b97c292fa5c6aac45ad05.JPG

The citation notes, "Finnegan is the only warrior on this list who had the balls to not only face off against, but actually mobilize, an entire enemy army.

All in an unrelated, heretofore peaceable thread."

Congratulations Finnerz!  Many of us already consider you an "FT Legend".

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

NEWSFLASH

Our very own @Finnegan has made a historical Top Ten list! 

tenlonewarriors.JPG.3508aaf8492b97c292fa5c6aac45ad05.JPG

The citation notes, "Finnegan is the only warrior on this list who had the balls to not only face off against, but actually mobilize, an entire enemy army.

All in an unrelated, heretofore peaceable thread."

Congratulations Finnerz!  Many of us already consider you an "FT Legend".

Going to correct the last bit as Cult Hero but I'm not popular enough for that. lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

fair enough, I'm not going to argue against that view.   Shows how personal and subjective it can be. 

exactly that it’s subjective.

Mahrez will be a legend in a lot of peoples eyes because he was so instrumental in us winning the prem but he’s not for- I’d argue he was probably the most talented player to play for us, same with Kante but Vardy is and they’re not IMO buts that’s all it is really, opinions. 

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Now maybe through a lens of extreme recency bias and the emotional attachment that foxestalk's core demographic has to them. 

But King is memorable for the amount of time he stuck around, as an ever present, not because of great footballing moments. That's the sort of thing that gets forgotten. When people look back in twenty or thirty years and remember Vardy's 11, Kasper and Wes lifting trophies, etc, what do you think they'll look back and remember Andy King for? 

The average Leicester fan couldn't describe Chandler or Rowley or tell you anything about how they played, they just quote their numbers.

I dunno, maybe that'll help King. Maybe people will still be repeating the fact he won League One, the Championship and the Prem and it'll be the opposite - history will forget how little involvement he had in 2/3rds of those achievements. 

**** me 😂

Did he kill your cat or something?

Just to Chuck my twopenneth worth in.

i consider a club legend to be someone who has contributed significantly above and beyond their contemporaries, or expectations. This does not necessarily equate to pure talent, longevity or achievement, although these are factors to be considered.

what also counts in my opinion are things such as commitment, loyalty and ultimately memories that remain in the collective.

so, who do I consider to be club legends? In no particular order

King. for his loyalty from academy to his medals and still being our all time top goal scorer from midfield

Vardy. For being who many consider to be our GOAT (although recency bias has to be considered here) and the fact that he recognised our faith in him and turned down Arsenal

Walsh. Again loyalty, our captain fantastic of his era. Although he was a red card walking we loved him for it, especially the Steve Bull fights

Albrighton. Sneaks in for his CL goals, the image of him simply standing and staring up to the stands having just won the FA cup, being mr reliable and a model pro

Lineker. For his goals, being a local lad, putting his own money in to save the club and being a fan

The Birch. The infamous kiss. Becoming a convert and his obvious love for club

Chandler, Rowley and Sep Smith. Way before my time but standout players of their eras, clubs all time top goal scorer and the legend of the birds

Ranieri. I would not consider him our best ever manager, but made the dream come true. Right person, in the right place at the right time

last but definitely by no means least, Kuhn Vichai for making the most successful period in our history possible

There have been better, or more skilful players but some of those either blotted their copybook, disrespected the club or just never caught the imagination of the fans

All opinion of course

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I just wish he'd get to the gym, toughen up, stop flopping to the floor like a limp dick and be more aggressive and nasty. 

Worse thing is he stays down, slowing and stopping the game usually when we have the momentum.

If he could sort that fragility out, also his trampoline first touch, his finishing (at times) and his strange chasing and closing down of a player that involves him letting the opponent with the ball get past and ahead of him, then that would be great! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

3 goal involvements so can't be too critical. The pass for KDH for the first was brilliant. And good movement all round

But man if he could sort out his finishing, he could be deadly! I actually thought even for the penalty he should have got his shot away much earlier and scored 

He was the worst player on the pitch 

• Haha 2

Just now, And Joachim goes throoough said:

On the pitch definitely not. Praet was our worst player. That was Dakas worst display since he was reintroduced, but somehow he was still involved in all the goals. He does make things happen. Just wish he wouldn’t collapse to the ground so easily.

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

On the pitch definitely not. Praet was our worst player. That was Dakas worst display since he was reintroduced, but somehow he was still involved in all the goals. He does make things happen. Just wish he wouldn’t collapse to the ground so easily.

We must see things differently in terms of football, did well for the first but overall an awful footballer (love the guy as well)

Not the prettiest of performances but was involved with the goals.

Will he have better games? Definitely.

Considering some of the love Kelechi gets on here….that wasn’t as bad a performance that Kelechi has delivered this season.

He’s clearly Enzo’s first choice right now so getting prepared for more vitriol towards Patson.

6 hours ago, And Joachim goes throoough said:

Nonsense.

No one else could have put that ball through for KDH.

He made that penalty.

He took the shot that rebounded fron a Swansea defender for Yunus to score.

Sure he missed a couple too, but once again largely opportunities he had created himself. Those are the breaks, and he is our most creative striker, albeit one who could improve further. I see why Enzo rates him. The Swansea team could see it too, which is why they chopped him down so much.

Look for his assist for Zambia against the DRC in AFCON for him being scythed down and a quick recovery.

Put me down as a Daka fan.

Edited by foxinsox
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Worse thing is he stays down, slowing and stopping the game usually when we have the momentum.

If he could sort that fragility out, also his trampoline first touch, his finishing (at times) and his strange chasing and closing down of a player that involves him letting the opponent with the ball get past and ahead of him, then that would be great! 

TBF to him tonight their CBs went full on 90s "let them know you're there" with him. He had the same treatment Vs Millwall when he posted up pics of his gashed legs post-game. Got kicked in the ankle twice when Stroud's back was turned.

That said his finishing is poor, he lacks a presence up top and that pace we keep hearing about is rarely utilised. Would rather go with Cannon and let him build his confidence and reputation than spend another season with Daka's "potential".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsox said:

Nonsense.

He made that penalty.

Sure he missed a couple too, but once again largely opportunities he had created himself. Those are the breaks, and he is our most creative striker, albeit one who could improve further. I see why Enzo rates him. The Swansea team could see it too, which is why they chopped him down so much.

Look for his assist for Zambia against the DRC in AFCON for him being scythed down and a quick recovery.

Never a penalty.

Took the shot that lead to Yunus’ goal??😂rewatch it.

Most creative striker?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsox said:

Nonsense.

He made that penalty.

No one else could have put that ball through?! Come off it. It was a good ball through but let's not turn it into something it wasn't. 

Whilst I think he "made the penalty" because of his determination to win the ball and drive with it, he literally ran past the ball instead of shooting. Somehow he ended up with a penalty. 

Third goal involvement was just chaotic, which sums up Daka nicely. 

There's always a player or two that divide opinions. Daka is one. Iheanacho was one previously. There's many others over the years too. 

For me, Daka isn't a very good footballer. The ball bounces off him. He can't pass. He can't hold the ball up particularly well. I do believe, despite one horrific miss and another effort that could have knocked someone out in "Row Z," he's not a bad finisher. He should play off the last man, not coming in deep. Ultimately though he provides a bit of chaos and entertainment, even if at times it's laughing in disbelief.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Yep, apart from all those things he could be quite good 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

I really want him to come good but some people are so desperate for him to be good that he gets away with some awful performances. 

I’m  absolutely not having him winning the penalty as a good thing he did. He was clean through, I mean running clear of the defenders,  then somehow managed to **** it all up and get away with it by getting a very fortunate penalty. If that was awarded against us we’d be fuming. 

Then there’s the poor control and misplaced passes and missing absolute sitters. I’d swear half of his assists for us are miss hit shots. 

Nothing would make me happier than being proven wrong on him but he should be working hard to improve the weaker aspects of his game if he wants to make it here, Cannon and has to start ahead of him.

Please prove me wrong Daka.

• Thanks 2