Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

48 minutes ago, trooky said:

Sorry,  you can't blame this on Enzo. Some of these chances are so simple, it has nothing to do with mismanagement or needing a psychologist. He's a professional striker and should score 50% of these simple tap-ins.

If he scores the misses against Leeds, and another of the other open goals were already promoted.

And players will miss those chances, even merciless footballing robots like Haaland (54s in)

The difference is whether you bounce back from those misses with good mental resilience or spiral (from which it's the managers job to protect you and pull you out of it). Daka missed against Leeds and has spiraled, lost all confidence, started snatching at every chance and it's bad management to leave him in the firing line.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I’ve been saying how bad he is for the past two or three years, got personal insults from the same people who are now nowhere to be seen in this thread. 

I thought that was going to be 3 hours long 

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I’ve been saying how bad he is for the past two or three years, got personal insults from the same people who are now nowhere to be seen in this thread. 

tbf i remember alot of people calling out Vardy during his first season with us, 

at times hes looked good then others honking,

thing i see here with Daka its probably going to be in the same bracket as Kramaric, right club wrong time

also you can see his confidence is through the floor atm too

Just now, trugerkem said:

Put it this way ….. all his goals most members of this forum would have scored

yeah now thats the biggest lie ive ever read; most on this forum would be out of breath before they even touched the sodding ball

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trugerkem said:

I hasten to add they would also have scored some of the ones he missed

also what about the misses Vardy has had this season? amazing how no one mentions them....yes i know he has money in the bank here but some of them are frankly just as bad

47 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

And players will miss those chances, even merciless footballing robots like Haaland (54s in)

The difference is whether you bounce back from those misses with good mental resilience or spiral (from which it's the managers job to protect you and pull you out of it). Daka missed against Leeds and has spiraled, lost all confidence, started snatching at every chance and it's bad management to leave him in the firing line.

No the difference is Haaland is one of the best strikers in the world with a goal scoring instinct and natural confidence whilst Daka is out of his depth, has poor technique and absolutely no composure or goal scoring instinct.

He simply isn't good enough for the championship, so inconsistent and costs the team points.

We've been let down by all our strikers this season which is why he's still playing, but Vardy can be excused because of his age and GOAT status.

The whole of this forum is blaming Enzo, his tactics and gone into meltdown, but If Vardy or Daka scored even 5 of the 20 odd big chances they've missed this season we would be promoted already.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, trooky said:

No the difference is Haaland is one of the best strikers in the world with a goal scoring instinct and natural confidence whilst Daka is out of his depth, has poor technique and absolutely no composure or goal scoring instinct.

He simply isn't good enough for the championship, so inconsistent and costs the team points.

We've been let down by all our strikers this season which is why he's still playing, but Vardy can be excused because of his age and GOAT status.

The whole of this forum is blaming Enzo, his tactics and gone into meltdown, but If Vardy or Daka scored even 5 of the 20 odd big chances they've missed this season we would be promoted already.

The difference is Haaland is one of the best strikers in the world because he's got incredible mental resilience and "natural confidence" to bounce back from misses like that. Daka is out of form, he shouldn't be playing, and it's bad management by Enzo to leave players in bad form like him and Faes in the team every week!

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

The difference is Haaland is one of the best strikers in the world because he's got incredible mental resilience and "natural confidence" to bounce back from misses like that. Daka is out of form, he shouldn't be playing, and it's bad management by Enzo to leave players in bad form like him and Faes in the team every week!

Yes agree, Coady should start and Daka should be dropped.

We still rely so much on Vardy but  he can't play every week and has been inconsistent.

Not sure what the answer is though, Nacho has retired at Leicester and is on the beach. Cannon has been injury prone this season and still unproven.

I just hope we can't limp over the line and sort out this horrible, overpaid squad with some PL money.

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

You could still argue that Daka's movement has value in tiring out opposition defenders, but that only makes sense if you sub him on 60 mins, not wait till 85.

We don't need a striker like that, we have about 70% possession a game and we look like we are tiring most of the time now, we need a striker who can finish - Cannon

2 hours ago, trooky said:

pretty much on point tbf, games we've lost recently we've had more than clear cut chances, which another day would have got us a win or at least a draw

we've missed 72 clear cut chances this season, more than anyone else in the league, thats one massive factor

7 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Because you were wrong? Prior to the last month and a half his underlying stats have been pretty consistently good. Every player misses big chances, it's the nature of playing in a team that creates a lot of them (top three for missed big chances in the prem? Haaland, Nunez and Watkins... https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_missed). He's not bad, he's low on confidence and being mismanaged by being left in the firing line this long. Get him a psychologist, take him out of the firing line for a bit and you'll see a very different player at the end of it.

Of course the better strikers miss chances the most, they play for the better teams that create the most chances.

I don't need stats to tell me how bad or good a player is, I'll judge on what I see. Daka is awful and always has been, aside from a month or so of scoring against really poor teams such as Rotherham and Plymouth.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Of course the better strikers miss chances the most, they play for the better teams that create the most chances.

I don't need stats to tell me how bad or good a player is, I'll judge on what I see. Daka is awful and always has been, aside from a month or so of scoring against really poor teams such as Rotherham and Plymouth.

The best players miss the most chances because they get into positions to receive the chances, there's a reason clubs don't take "Big Chances Missed" seriously as a stat. 

"I don't need facts, I've got a gut feeling" is frankly hilarious 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry, that’s silly.

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

Why is your avatar the exact same as @Stadt's now – is this some kind of new forum faction?

I genuinely did not notice, will change. 

@Stadt run they are onto us.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2