Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Does anyone know how may points we have won when Daka starts as opposed to Vardy?

Daka - 15 starts 

10 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses

Vardy - 14 starts

9 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses 

• Thanks 1

I would absolutely love to guy to net a bloody hattrick and cup his ears to the crowd. And will happily eat humble pie.

The trouble is he won't and is a liability on the field at the moment. Especially as a lone striker. He is better than what he's showing us at the moment but at the business end of the season, how patient can we remain?! We need goals now

• Like 3

I did defend him a lot and that was mainly because I felt he was too harshly judged being played sporadically and only have played under Rodgers as things deteriorated.

But, I’m disappointed he hasn’t kicked on since being brought back into the side. He’s been given a good run in the side and at a lower level. The sort of chances he misses are the type that a striker at any level should score and he must have been putting away for fun in Austria.

I suspect he will probably do well if he does go elsewhere as often seems to be the case.

Would really love for him to get a couple

of key goals in these final games though. Just looks like his confidence is non-existent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HybridFox said:

I would absolutely love to guy to net a bloody hattrick and cup his ears to the crowd. And will happily eat humble pie.

The trouble is he won't and is a liability on the field at the moment. Especially as a lone striker. He is better than what he's showing us at the moment but at the business end of the season, how patient can we remain?! We need goals now

I’ve wanted Daka do that for 2 years now. At some point we’ve got to accept we got done. I am pretty much where you are in your second paragraph.

For the record, given his figures etc. at the time, I still would’ve gone for Daka. Just wasn’t the right club/time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I did defend him a lot and that was mainly because I felt he was too harshly judged being played sporadically and only have played under Rodgers as things deteriorated.

But, I’m disappointed he hasn’t kicked on since being brought back into the side. He’s been given a good run in the side and at a lower level. The sort of chances he misses are the type that a striker at any level should score and he must have been putting away for fun in Austria.

I suspect he will probably do well if he does go elsewhere as often seems to be the case.

Would really love for him to get a couple

of key goals in these final games though. Just looks like his confidence is non-existent.

He should be banned from football. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My anger has reduced, but I still don't want to see him again this season.

Being positive about him, he does keep trying and (while he's never been remotely great) he has been better in his career than he has in the last few games in isolation.

But I don't think it's ever going to work out for him here, and it's not working to play him out of this bad form.

• Like 1

I think people just need to accept, he will never be good enough for us, his had a good run in the team and at a lower league as will, tbh he should be tearing it up In this league, he could go on and smash it  in another league, I would sell while his stock remains high, and I  still would not regret letting him go!! 

Edited by 00rawat

I listened to the football forum earlier as I was driving, and I’m sorry but that chap they had on I completely disagreed with when talking tactics, especially Daka. 

He’s our best all round number 9? That’s nonsense…

1. his pressing is largely useless, it’s more running around like a headless chicken than pressing…. How many times has his pressing lead to a goal? Once, twice maybe? 

2. He can’t drop into the pocket and receive the ball to feet, the comment made was “might bounce off him once or twice” no, his close control is hideous, stuff doesn’t bounce off him, he is incapable of controlling a football, back to goal he’s appalling, and 9/10 gets muscled off the ball. 

3. His runs off the ball are also poor, he tends to run down blind alleys, and normally just does the same run every time, but it’s completely ineffective. He’s always offside and when he does break the likes with a run, he is incapable of dribbling and his first touch is akin to Gary Glitters. 

The one thing I will say about Daka, is he is completely unorthodox and I think he does have an ability to get into good areas on the box, but he completely lacks any kind of ruthlessness to take his chances regularly. He’s not nasty enough, he’s too nice and he just gets bullied when he’s on the pitch. And this is why he will never, ever be cut out for English football, he is best going back abroad where the football is a bit kinder to him. 

That said, he lacks so many basic skills a footballer should have, it’s frankly a miracle he’s even managed to become a pro footballer, I find it staggering, I’ve seen 10 year olds with a better all round game than him. He's genuinely shit.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I listened to the football forum earlier as I was driving, and I’m sorry but that chap they had on I completely disagreed with when talking tactics, especially Daka. 

He’s our best all round number 9? That’s nonsense…

1. his pressing is largely useless, it’s more running around like a headless chicken than pressing…. How many times has his pressing lead to a goal? Once, twice maybe? 

2. He can’t drop into the pocket and receive the ball to feet, the comment made was “might bounce off him once or twice” no, his close control is hideous, stuff doesn’t bounce off him, he is incapable of controlling a football, back to goal he’s appalling, and 9/10 gets muscled off the ball. 

3. His runs off the ball are also poor, he tends to run down blind alleys, and normally just does the same run every time, but it’s completely ineffective. He’s always offside and when he does break the likes with a run, he is incapable of dribbling and his first touch is akin to Gary Glitters. 

The one thing I will say about Daka, is he is completely unorthodox and I think he does have an ability to get into good areas on the box, but he completely lacks any kind of ruthlessness to take his chances regularly. He’s not nasty enough, he’s too nice and he just gets bullied when he’s on the pitch. And this is why he will never, ever be cut out for English football, he is best going back abroad where the football is a bit kinder to him. 

That said, he lacks so many basic skills a footballer should have, it’s frankly a miracle he’s even managed to become a pro footballer, I find it staggering, I’ve seen 10 year olds with a better all round game than him. He's genuinely shit.

Yeh I agree with that. For someone with a supposed reputation for pressing I just don’t see it. He rarely wins the ball, he likes to let the defender visibly move ahead of him before he then chases him. I’d get that if he did it on the blindside of the player but he doesn’t, he shows the defender the route forward and then follows him, the defender strolls past and having been allowed to get ahead of Daka’s press, he can pass it forward. I haven’t ever seen this approach work and it goes against what would be a logical press that say Liverpool do, pressing face on, making the defender make a quick decision rather then curving a run to open a door and let the defender through which is all Patson ever does. 

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh I agree with that. For someone with a supposed reputation for pressing I just don’t see it. He rarely wins the ball, he likes to let the defender visibly move ahead of him before he then chases him. I’d get that if he did it on the blindside of the player but he doesn’t, he shows the defender the route forward and then follows him, the defender strolls past and having been allowed to get ahead of Daka’s press, he can pass it forward. I haven’t ever seen this approach work and it goes against what would be a logical press that say Liverpool do, pressing face on, making the defender make a quick decision rather then curving a run to open a door and let the defender through which is all Patson ever does. 

He certainly puts himself about more than the other 3. Whether that is to any great effect is open to debate though.

Tackles & Interceptions per 90

Daka  1.18

Nacho  0.69

Vardy  0.56

Cannon  0.43

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He certainly puts himself about more than the other 3. Whether that is to any great effect is open to debate though.

Tackles & Interceptions per 90

Daka  1.18

Nacho  0.69

Vardy  0.56

Cannon  0.43

It did do. But i imagine those stats would see his numbers come down in the last few games.  Teams have adapted to it and know what he is going to do. And as he is not particularly clinical they can take more risks with him. 

Enzo has no choice his experiment has failed horribly 2 games in a row. If he plays daka again he will quite utterly look stupid unless by some Devine intervention Daka scores a hatrick. I say take him out give him a breather and bring him on as a sub in our final game if we have clinched promotion by then as good faith for his performance earlier in the season. We shouldn’t wish ill will on anyone even though wout farce is really pushing the limits of my patience. Enzo has to take control of this situation now!

Edited by cruzFOX
  • Thanks 1