Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

9 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

Daka makes Paula Vennells look competent.

The fact that we paid, if reports are to be believed, more than £20m for this hippo dildo is criminal. The entire recruitment team should be sacked just for bringing him in. 

They shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

With all due respect….which miss are you referring to?

this one - https://x.com/lcfc_b/status/1778883684793229494?s=46

He also missed one from two yards out at the near post where he put it past the far post.  It was incredible that he managed to get it past the far post from that angle.  

Around me, we had no idea why your manager left a striker on, whose confidence has gone, in such an important end of season game.  Surely you have better options on the bench?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

He also missed one from two yards out at the near post where he put it past the far post.  It was incredible that he managed to get it past the far post from that angle.  

Around me, we had no idea why your manager left a striker on, whose confidence has gone, in such an important end of season game.  Surely you have better options on the bench?

ap

Would you like to be our next manager? You have a flexibility in approach and style we can only dream of at the moment 

Gawd forbid you would have taken Pat off (who is struggling - No shit Sherlock) and found a solution (that word grates too). 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

The Daka situation is baffling as well, didn't even have him on the bench for the first few months, he's then first choice and doesn't get out of the team no matter how bad he is. Crap management.

Totally agree. Similarly, Nacho has the reverse treatment. He was picked every week (despite not playing too well), at the start of the season, and now he never gets a sniff, even when Daka is stinking the place out. It's quite bizarre.

I genuinely feel sorry for Patson. He's a good bloke with an honest attitude (as far the media portray him) but he must be left out until he can regain confidence. He knows it and looked visibly upset sitting on the bench covering his head. It's the manager/coaches job to spot this as they are with him all week.

Hoping that he comes on at Wembley and scores the winner. That would be great.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

We have 4 strikers in the squad, 3 of which have played and scored many times in the Premier League and are full internationals. One is 37, one is nearly out-of-contract so will likely be gone in a few weeks, one is Daka. The only other option is Tom Cannon that scored championship goals last season. He should've been on the pitch at some point last night.

32 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

He's finished here.

Sorry to advise, he’ll be back for Southampton. 

Enzi is nothing but predictable, Vardy will start against WBA and Preston, Daka will start against Southampton & Blackburn

5 minutes ago, trooky said:

Absolute donkey of a player, baffled how he's even a professional player.

Utter ****ing shite and will cost us promotion.

I’m normally pretty balanced about this sort of thing, but I’ve seen absolutely nothing that explains how he’s at this level. He’s so weak on the ball, finishing is abysmal. His positioning is bizarre, KDH was spot on last night, he got out the way of the right position at one point. Cannon might be wondering what’s going on…

I have no issue with taking a punt on a player from a league of a lesser standard but we paid a massive chunk of change for the lad and he hasn’t shown me (in 3 years) he has what it takes.

I know Cannon is slower than Daka, but Mavadidi and Fatawu give you that pace and Cannon at this level knows where the goal is.

Edited by JimmyC74

The problem for any striker in this system is the have so little time on the ball I don't feel it helps them. All they are getting is chances, few other touches, we saw the same from Vardy against Bristol. The system is the problem here, most strikers will get the same results.

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The problem for any striker in this system is the have so little time on the ball I don't feel it helps them. All they are getting is chances, few other touches, we saw the same from Vardy against Bristol. The system is the problem here, most strikers will get the same results.

Yeah to a degree. But if you’re going to play this system, you need a striker that has a different skill set. Presence in the box, good close control. It’s baffling to play 2 strikers whose entire game is built around space in behind. 

Right bed wetters, Daka is not useless or any of the nonsense being spouted. He is a striker low on confidence and bang out of form. It’s happened to the best. It’s just right now we don’t need it and he is providing a focus for our disappointment and anxiety. 

He was shite last night granted. He should not have been on the pitch. THAT is on Enzo. Cannon or even Itchy if Vards needed a rest. I mean Vardy came on and didn’t touch the ball at all for 17 minutes and we were supposedly chasing the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I’m normally pretty balanced about this sort of thing, but I’ve seen absolutely nothing that explains how he’s at this level. He’s so weak on the ball, finishing is abysmal. His positioning is bizarre, KDH was spot on last night, he got out the way of the right position at one point. Cannon might be wondering what’s going on…

Cannon knows exactly what’s going on he’ll be picking up £60k every week, a long way from Everton reserves……a fact largely overlooked by supporters….

As useless as Daka has been, he's still our player and seeing him sitting on the bench, covering his face whilst the world laughed at him, was heartbreaking. Do we still have a sports psychologist, because something tells me Daka could really do with one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Right bed wetters, Daka is not useless or any of the nonsense being spouted. He is a striker low on confidence and bang out of form. It’s happened to the best. It’s just right now we don’t need it and he is providing a focus for our disappointment and anxiety. 

He was shite last night granted. He should not have been on the pitch. THAT is on Enzo. Cannon or even Itchy if Vards needed a rest. I mean Vardy came on and didn’t touch the ball at all for 17 minutes and we were supposedly chasing the game. 

Unfortunately he hasn't met expectations since he joined.  We paid £22m for a player who is still waiting for form.  Its not good enough, and we need a striker that can handle the pressure and rise to the task, thats not and Daka.

• Like 1