Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He certainly puts himself about more than the other 3. Whether that is to any great effect is open to debate though.

Tackles & Interceptions per 90

Daka  1.18

Nacho  0.69

Vardy  0.56

Cannon  0.43

These stats are probably an example of our issues. Enzo likely values the fact he presses more than others over ability to put the ball in the net. Control trumps results 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Easy to find a focus and jump on a bandwagon. People love finding someone they can all get onboard together and rip apart. Shame really. 

I have defended Daka and will continue to. He’s a good striker, but he’s going through a bad patch precisely when we don’t need and cannot afford it.  Most strikers do - even the Goat has. Now, though, we need goals and I doubt they will come from Daka. 

He’s not good, he’s certainly different, but his all round game is poor. He is incapable of performing the basics which you can’t be at a top level. He does well in Europe because he’s afforded more time in dangerous areas, and one thing he is fairly good at is getting into good areas of the pitch and due to his lack of technical ability, his goals tend to come in all different forms. Off his studs, arse or nose. 

He is all limbs and not much else, it’s more his all round game, it’s absolutely appalling and it’s just not what we need particularly at this moment.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He certainly puts himself about more than the other 3. Whether that is to any great effect is open to debate though.

Daka  1.18

Nacho  0.69

Vardy  0.56

Cannon  0.43

Cannon hasn’t played enough to get a fair statistical comparison surely? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

He’s not good, he’s certainly different, but his all round game is poor. He is incapable of performing the basics which you can’t be at a top level. He does well in Europe because he’s afforded more time in dangerous areas, and one thing he is fairly good at is getting into good areas of the pitch and due to his lack of technical ability, his goals tend to come in all different forms. Off his studs, arse or nose. 

He is all limbs and not much else, it’s more his all round game, it’s absolutely appalling and it’s just not what we need particularly at this moment.

Opinions my friend. I think he is good. You don’t. That’s the beauty of things. 

12 hours ago, FLAN said:

These stats are probably an example of our issues. Enzo likely values the fact he presses more than others over ability to put the ball in the net. Control trumps results 

Those stats understate Cannon's ability to do that part of the game though. He's mostly had cameos off the bench at the end of games, when the pressing from the front isn't happening for various reasons, or the play is passing him by because we're chasing the game and hell-bent on wing play.

For what it's worth, I've seen enough of Cannon to say he does that job just as well as Daka does.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Opinions my friend. I think he is good. You don’t. That’s the beauty of things. 

But what do you base this on?. He has been pretty poor in nearly all the games he has played for us and horrific in the last few

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Claridge said:

But what do you base this on?. He has been pretty poor in nearly all the games he has played for us and horrific in the last few

He's not that bad.

We just need the size of goals increasing.

By quite a bit.

Like, double 'em.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Apparently just blind faith as nobody should be looking at Patson Daka and coming to the conclusion he is good. Being paid 80 bags a week, he's on holiday.

55 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Wasn’t long ago that people on FT were saying how much better we play with Daka in the side. Funny old world. 

20 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Despite his failings I wish Patson Daka all the luck in the world

just wish he could have some luck with us

probably gets transfer at the end of the season and scores a bucket load for someone else 

Who is going to pay Daka £80k a week other than LCFC? No one. We are stuck with him until his contract runs out. Just as we are with Danny Ward. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Who is going to pay Daka £80k a week other than LCFC? No one. We are stuck with him until his contract runs out. Just as we are with Danny Ward. 

Imagine we'll loan him out and probably still pay 50%+ of his wages.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2024 at 15:43, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Daka  1.18

Nacho  0.69

Vardy  0.56

Cannon  0.43

Times have certainly changed. In the past you'd have the likes of Hume Howard and Waghorn being given a free pass for their incompetence in front of goal due to their work rate. At the same time you'd have Yakubu and Beckford being far less popular for lack of effort regardless of them sticking the ball in the net.

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

We all know Daka is going to score a last minute winner which clinches promotion. 

I'd be delighted to be wrong on this, but he just absolutely will not. 

Edit; I'm at that point between games where the thought starts to creep into my mind that "surely he can't be THAT bad, surely he'll be alright this weekend, maybe I'm being too harsh on him". Give it just over 48 hours and I'll be contemplating throwing myself over the ambulance entrance in SK1 when he's missed another sitter.  

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Haha 1

On 16/04/2024 at 23:08, FLAN said:

Precisely! You wouldn't want to look at those sort of stats for say Lineker, Fowler or even Haaland in present day terms but, you'd have each one of them in preference to a mere stat producer surely because they can win you games!

Sometimes I think the game has become so stat obsessed, control managed and sanitised, that it stifles the natural abilities and instincts of some very good players. 

An example with Enzo could perhaps be with his response to Doyle in the last match when appearing to discourage him making cross field passes, yet it was precisely that sort of mixing play up in a previous match by Doyle and Vestergaard that caused great problems to the opposition! 

I would argue that none of our 4 strikers are comfortable in the sort of way Enzo wants to play. Although supposedly top of the stats, I don't think Daka is either. He always seemed happier running onto the ball in more of the old Vardy type role. You have to applaud Vardy too for at least trying to adapt to both Rodgers and Enzo because it must have been bloody frustrating for him at times. In many ways those managers have only served to perhaps nullify the talents of probably their best game winning talent for the last few years. How many more talents have to be sacrificed on the alter of possession, control and ego.

15 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

We all know Daka is going to score a last minute winner which clinches promotion. 

Going to scuff a shot from 6 yards which ends up closer to the corner flag than the goal on the final day in the last minute against Blackburn which means we end up in the playoffs

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd be delighted to be wrong on this, but he just absolutely will not. 

Edit; I'm at that point between games where the thought starts to creep into my mind that "surely he can't be THAT bad, surely he'll be alright this weekend, maybe I'm being too harsh on him". Give it just over 48 hours and I'll be contemplating throwing myself over the ambulance entrance in SK1 when he's missed another sitter.  

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Going to scuff a shot from 6 yards which ends up closer to the corner flag than the goal on the final day in the last minute against Blackburn which means we end up in the playoffs

I should have expanded. I was referring to the 26/27 season when we are getting out of League 2

• Haha 1