Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

As useless as Daka has been, he's still our player and seeing him sitting on the bench, covering his face whilst the world laughed at him, was heartbreaking. Do we still have a sports psychologist, because something tells me Daka could really do with one.

It was difficult to watch certainly but heartbreaking, surely not? 

16 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Yeah to a degree. But if you’re going to play this system, you need a striker that has a different skill set. Presence in the box, good close control. It’s baffling to play 2 strikers whose entire game is built around space in behind. 

I think we don't really have a striker who suits the system but agree it's gotta be worth mixing it up a bit. Also why not try the 3 attackers being out and out attackers, one left one centre one right instead of wingers? Mavididi has been off it for months. Sure trying Say Cannon one side, Nacho the other and Vards/Daka in the middle might help. 

Daka is being exposed by the system we play him in. We ask him to take or hold up the ball with his back to goal which exposes how terrible his first touch is. We also don’t play with enough pace in our overall game to release him when on a defenders shoulder. He’s clearly not a header of the ball either. No wonder his confidence is gone. 

16 minutes ago, sm1 said:

As useless as Daka has been, he's still our player and seeing him sitting on the bench, covering his face whilst the world laughed at him, was heartbreaking. Do we still have a sports psychologist, because something tells me Daka could really do with one.

Didn’t Brendan get rid of the sports psychologist? 

3 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Watching him butcher several massive chances that have likely cost us automatic promotion over the past few months has been pretty heartbreaking for the fans, too.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I know what you mean. I just like the guy. The fact he wanted books so he could learn about our history as opposed to a PS4, like most players who first arrive here. The fact he's using his wealth to build a hospital in Zambia. These things may not make him a better player, but I like the person and I want him to do well.

I want him to do well because he is wearing a Leicester City shirt. My heart just can’t break for an individual earning that amount of money, albeit the well ‘publicised’ good deeds and efforts, do suggest he is a nice person. 

26 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I know what you mean. I just like the guy. The fact he wanted books so he could learn about our history as opposed to a PS4, like most players who first arrive here. The fact he's using his wealth to build a hospital in Zambia. These things may not make him a better player, but I like the person and I want him to do well.

Nice bloke and all that, but he shouldn’t play for us again or at the very least spend some considerable time away from the first 11. His confidence is shot, and at this points it’s probably not fair on him to start to be honest. Enzo needs to see that.

He’s been poor, so many have but I genuinely feel a bit sorry for the players. Big wages and a better life than most aside they’ve been suffocated by the managers stubbornness. We’ve seen it before. 

These players don’t simultaneously become shite.

Poundland Pep came out and said he’d drop MH if he went to play it long again and that’s the issue. Ruled by fear when we should be playing with freedom.

PP is putting even more pressure on them because of his own incompetence.

The chances last night and the header at Millwall were to us, easy, but where’s your head at if you’re working for that clown.

1 hour ago, RYM said:

He’s been poor, so many have but I genuinely feel a bit sorry for the players. Big wages and a better life than most aside they’ve been suffocated by the managers stubbornness. We’ve seen it before. 

These players don’t simultaneously become shite.

Poundland Pep came out and said he’d drop MH if he went to play it long again and that’s the issue. Ruled by fear when we should be playing with freedom.

PP is putting even more pressure on them because of his own incompetence.

The chances last night and the header at Millwall were to us, easy, but where’s your head at if you’re working for that clown.

Yep, they’re all trying to play football the ‘enzo way’ but it’s not working and it makes them look even more crap. 

The whole issue stems from the manager. 

If there was a prize for being a lovely guy with a heartwarming story, positive character traits and being a great example to young athletes in terms of conduct and attitude he would win hands down, we all know it.

I like him an awful lot but I hate seeing his name on the teamsheet and dread it when the ball falls to him for a chance. 

It's the cognitive dissonance that these two polarising aspects create that is close to heartache for me. I want him to do well but he's not the answer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxsake said:

If there was a prize for being a lovely guy with a heartwarming story, positive character traits and being a great example to young athletes in terms of conduct and attitude he would win hands down, we all know it.

I like him an awful lot but I hate seeing his name on the teamsheet and dread it when the ball falls to him for a chance. 

It's the cognitive dissonance that these two polarising aspects create that is close to heartache for me. I want him to do well but he's not the answer. 

Sounds perfect for a mascot