Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

On 18/04/2024 at 10:12, Gubbins said:

Times have certainly changed. In the past you'd have the likes of Hume Howard and Waghorn being given a free pass for their incompetence in front of goal due to their work rate. At the same time you'd have Yakubu and Beckford being far less popular for lack of effort regardless of them sticking the ball in the net.

They certainly have, this clown costs 10s of millions to do naff all

• Like 1

On 18/04/2024 at 19:40, Gamble92 said:

I like Daka. 

There I said it.

I like Daka too, l also like Dawn French and Ryan Reynolds.. All would have an equal chance of scoring in a Leicester shirt and of being in any team l selected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 18/04/2024 at 11:12, Gubbins said:

Times have certainly changed. In the past you'd have the likes of Hume Howard and Waghorn being given a free pass for their incompetence in front of goal due to their work rate. At the same time you'd have Yakubu and Beckford being far less popular for lack of effort regardless of them sticking the ball in the net.

Yakubu agree was a good player. but Beckford didn’t stick the ball in the net though he was useless. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

If he starts today let’s get behind him and cheer everything he does. Build his confidence and let’s see if we have a player in there! He’s a blue don’t just boo because it’s Daka and others do it!!!. 

Please oh please let this be true very very soon..

Polish_20240420_103955953.jpg

Personally I think Enzo told the players, we need to be more like The fast and the furious, so they went out and watched the third one, Tokyo drift and figured everything sideways, Daka took it literally too, putting everything either side of the goal.

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yakubu agree was a good player. but Beckford didn’t stick the ball in the net though he was useless. 

Oh for sure he was pretty useless but I wouldn't be surprised if his goal to game ratio was similar or maybe even better than the first three I mention but he was largely disliked less for his goalscoring than his attitude and the fact he didn't tear around after the ball when it was in the opposition half.

Daka does more of this than our other current strikers and I wouldn't say is spectacularly worse goal wise than the other 3 but takes by far the most stick.

25 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

Oh for sure he was pretty useless but I wouldn't be surprised if his goal to game ratio was similar or maybe even better than the first three I mention but he was largely disliked less for his goalscoring than his attitude and the fact he didn't tear around after the ball when it was in the opposition half.

Daka does more of this than our other current strikers and I wouldn't say is spectacularly worse goal wise than the other 3 but takes by far the most stick.

It wasn’t. He got like 9 goals in 41 league games while standing around doing nothing. People just remember his hat trick vs Forest second string in the cup, exactly the same as people who have for the past 2 years argued Daka is goood because he scored 4 vs a bottom half Russian side in Europe. 

Beckford was crap. Far worse player than Yakubu or even Daka. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It wasn’t. He got like 9 goals in 41 league games while standing around doing nothing. People just remember his hat trick vs Forest second string in the cup, exactly the same as people who have for the past 2 years argued Daka is goood because he scored 4 vs a bottom half Russian side in Europe. 

Beckford was crap. Far worse player than Yakubu or even Daka. 

Please don't think I'm trying to make Beckford out to be anything other than crap. My point was that it used to be the case that leic fans valued the strikers closing down and running their balls off almost more than them scoring. Hume scored roughly 1 in 4 and Howard and Waghorn only 1 in 5 yet despite this fairly poor return all were at times fan favourites. Beckford with 1 in 4 was never really liked despite being no worse or better than the other 3 goal wise almost purely on workrate. Daka has the workrate this season but doesn't get the pass others used to get.

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If you were stting near to anyone that boo'd Daka when he came on then I hope you put them right. Fuching disgraceful.

:mad:

Agreed. No need to boo a player, it's not like he chooses when he comes on. Not sure if it's a bad patch or just not good enough, regardless never a nice thing to hear your own fans boo you. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1