Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Middlesbrough (H) 1-2 - Post-Match Thread

General play was sloppy today. Despite that we still created enough to win it. Felt like the Hull game from a finishing perspective.

Boro also had pace enough to trouble us on the counter and did it well. Got a little bit of luck with the win but it was a decent away performance.

Timing may be viewed as bad with Leeds next, but we should see it as a great opportunity to erase doubts from all but a few bed-wetters on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

General play was sloppy today. Despite that we still created enough to win it. Felt like the Hull game from a finishing perspective.

Boro also had pace enough to trouble us on the counter and did it well. Got a little bit of luck with the win but it was a decent away performance.

Timing may be viewed as bad with Leeds next, but we should see it as a great opportunity to erase doubts from all but a few bed-wetters on here.

Nothing lucky about Boro win today, they were clinical finishing, we weren't.

If I'm honest, this result makes me look forward to Friday all the more. It will be very interesting to see how we do away against a team that is closer to our level. Middlesborough set up very well against us, but if we'd scored first they'd have been stuffed with that game plan.

Thought we were poor today, yet still created and missed some great chances. Vesty and Daka missing headers from a combined 4 yards was absolutely criminal, both horrendous misses which had a massive impact on the game.

Boro had chances to score more and we missed another 2 sitters from Vesty and Vards in the second half too.

Wingers were ineffective, KDH was poor and wasteful, just a really bad day at the office. Let’s see what we bring to the party on Friday … be a good test of character!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Nothing lucky about Boro win today, they were clinical finishing, we weren't.

They were lucky Vardy missed from about 4 yards. It was a good performance that relied on a little luck to get the win.

• Like 1

Genuinely didn’t think we played any different than usual. We missed 4 open goals, and gave up two chances.

Punished today when in previous games when we give up chances we’ve gotten away with it. 

Bounce back v Leeds, can’t wait. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

I mean if you're relying on Jamie Vardy blazing a two yard tap in over the bar to get the win, that's pretty lucky, 99/100 he scores that

They’re not relying on that at all lol. They were the better team today and also missed chances 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

I mean if you're relying on Jamie Vardy blazing a two yard tap in over the bar to get the win, that's pretty lucky, 99/100 he scores that

It depends how you look at it I think we were sloppy with the finishing, some would say we were unlucky with the finishing 

Just now, Vazman said:

It depends how you look at it I think we were sloppy with the finishing, some would say we were unlucky with the finishing 

They were lucky that we were sloppy and not clinical, because they gave up enough clear chances for it to conceivable finish 5-2 to us (Vestergaards header and blazing it over from 6 yards, Vardy missing a sitter and Patson making a hash of a header from 6 yards)

7 minutes ago, trabuch said:

If I'm honest, this result makes me look forward to Friday all the more. It will be very interesting to see how we do away against a team that is closer to our level. Middlesborough set up very well against us, but if we'd scored first they'd have been stuffed with that game plan.

No plan B then ?

Just now, The Doctor said:

They were lucky that we were sloppy and not clinical, because they gave up enough clear chances for it to conceivable finish 5-2 to us (Vestergaards header and blazing it over from 6 yards, Vardy missing a sitter and Patson making a hash of a header from 6 yards)

Exactly my friend, its perception, you say we were unlucky, I say we were sloppy, they were clinical with their chances. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

beg your pardon.... more than 2 SHOTS ON TARGET.

and im going to guess.... 20 of those shots came after 60 mins

Well we'd had 11 first half. You can't blame the style of play for players not hitting the target.

• Like 1

Just now, Vazman said:

They really were not lucky, their goals were well taken.

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Clear or would you like me to draw you a picture?

• Like 1