Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Middlesbrough (H) 1-2 - Post-Match Thread

Worst aspect of today was the quality of our crosses. Just hanging them up vaguely in an area with no pace or accuracy. Only Sharkey in the last two mins put in a couple of decent balls.

KDH and Winks way off. Dennis by far the best midfielder today. Vards still got it.

6 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

It's as simple as this:

Boro had very few chances and buried 2 of them clinically.

We had at least 4 where it was easier to score than miss, and we missed.

Boro well and truly shithoused that. Fair play to them.

Did they? We basically didn't start creating any chances until the 80th minute.

Imagining rocking up at the KP as an away team, having a 2-0 lead for so long and it being so easy for you. Bet they couldn't believe their luck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Come on then boo boys. Get it all out of your system. I know you’ve had to wait a long time for a moan, here’s your chance..

Are you the anti moan police or something, that performance warrants some none positive feedback, I can only think off one positive moment, and that was Vardy's goal simple, so go and have an anti moan shout somewhere else

• Like 3

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

No it’s still a must not lose 

Id be happy to pack the defence and try and counter them tbh…. I think we need to adapt to contain, no good now I don’t think going there and playing our game 

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Did they? We basically didn't start creating any chances until the 80th minute.

Imagining rocking up at the KP as an away team, having a 2-0 lead for so long and it being so easy for you. Bet they couldn't believe their luck.

Only if you ignore the 2 chances Vestergaard and Daka had in the 5th and 20 minutes where at least 1 of them should’ve scored

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Hmmm not really sure how this season is going to end tbh could be lucky to hold onto 2nd come next weekend 

Eh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BigGibbo said:

I want them all on the training pitch heading the ball until their foreheads are dented come Monday.

Alternately, we coupld play a style where we shoot more than once every 90 minutes

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

Worst aspect of today was the quality of our crosses. Just hanging them up vaguely in an area with no pace or accuracy. Only Sharkey in the last two mins put in a couple of decent balls.

KDH and Winks way off. Dennis by far the best midfielder today. Vards still got it.

KDH made a terrific cross in the 1H that Vestergaard should’ve buried.
Ditto Fatawu, who teed up one bang in front of goal for Daka who nearly headed it for a thrown-in.

Edited by NaijaFox

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’ve got a lot of faith. I also know football. We aren’t smashing Leeds at Elland Road. We will lose. 

We have the exact same home record as them.

And a better away record. (by a mile)

Just now, Mark said:

Mavididi so bad but still can’t understand the thinking behind Cannon playing as a winger all second half

With wingers so important to how we play it was remarkable we didn't strengthen there in Jan