Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Middlesbrough (H) 1-2 - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Vardy definitely was. Despite his first miss, he completely changed the game for the better when he came on and our attack looked so much more threatening with him breaking the lines and his movement looked so much sharper compared to Daka. Despite only playing about 25 minutes he was our best player by a mile.

Yeah sorry you’re right on Vardy. KDH, Justin, Faes, Vestergaard, Ricardo all looked off to me

I'm pretty raging. Can't understand how everyone, the players and the manager can go from how we've been this season to what we witnessed today BUT I'm also not going to over-react. 

It was sh!t but it's done now so there is no point in running over and over it. We move on. 

• Like 2

We’ll be OK. One of those days. This is just a gentle reminder that if we just turn up it’s not enough. Chill, and trust Enzo will get it right next week. I think there may be a surprise selection maybe Alves? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

What was the XG on that game? Diabolical finishing from us, excellent counter attacking play by them. 

Bad day at the office, which has been a rarity all season. 9 points clear with a far superior goal difference which is (currently) worth an additional point, 

2.42 - 0.69

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Didn't Nacho miss about a million sitters in the first game?

Sounds about right. We were poor in both games but it's galling that they've taken 6 points off us and parked the bus for 180 mins. They really are shite and yes I am bitter and pissed off 🤣

I fear for that defending against Leeds on Friday, although today’s game is completely different if one of the two first half sitters goes in.  Too many had off days and the final ball / lack of intent from the wingers was very poor.  The table could look quite uncomfortable next weekend.

Oh. And **** off Kavanagh. Why is he still allowed to officiate professional league games?  To top it off, 4 mins injury time after 4 second half yellows (one for time wasting!) and 5 breaks in play for substitutions. It was Hull all over.

• Like 1

Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail, tough to take with some very tricky games coming up, it's always going to look worse aswell when leeds, Southampton and Ipswich have all won 

No panic stations yet folks 

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Vardy definitely was. Despite his first miss, he completely changed the game for the better when he came on and our attack looked so much more threatening with him breaking the lines and his movement looked so much sharper compared to Daka. Despite only playing about 25 minutes he was our best player by a mile.

He’s still our best striker and has generally looked very sharp in recent appearances.

• Like 1