Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Middlesbrough (H) 1-2 - Post-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Hmmm not really sure how this season is going to end tbh could be lucky to hold onto 2nd come next weekend 

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Eh? 

I think he was suggesting that, if we lose to Leeds we could be 3rd at the end of the season rather than 3rd by next Sunday.

In any case, it's a post that sums up the negativity and doom-mongering that goes on here at times and should be ignored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Not sure about that, beaten by missing 4 or 5 absolute sitters and sloppy passing rather then Middlesborough being particularly great

Agree. Vestergaard and Vardy being the grab the easier on the chances and this game is forgotten. It’s just one of those days and it happens. 

9 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

We really are, in general, a weird fanbase when we lose. 

I think it is purely down to the collapses we have witnessed in recent years. The manager and many of the players have changed (and that is what ultimately will hopefully ensure the job is seen through) but it clearly has left its mark on a large number of the fan base and its natural.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s okay to be concerned….. and I am….. we’ve displayed some concerning characteristics at times this season, and I fear that if the pressure gets ramped up, we could fold. 

Get yourself a bottle of red and chill. We got shithoused today. It happens. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Not sure about that, beaten by missing 4 or 5 absolute sitters and sloppy passing rather then Middlesborough being particularly great

They were clinical.

The no.28( I think) was head and shoulders above anyone else.

We were poor, bad day at the office.

They had a few decent chances too so take the blue tinted specs off👍🏾

Dont think we had an actual shot on target until 60 minutes.

Not sure what the season stats show but my gut feeling is that was like a lot of games in that the opposition had a few gilt edge chances but on this occasion they took them at important times. 24 shots for us but only 2 on target is probably an anomaly on the other side of the coin thus a defeat was the end result.

Small margins either way show how fragile things are and our buffer in terms of points and goal difference is going to be vital as unfortunately can’t see us getting anything at Leeds.

6 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

We will probably miss out on the play offs now and finish mid table :ph34r:

Most of us on here would have settled for the play offs at the start of this season

Following the debacle under Rogers.

So if realistically it ends this way then its not the end of our football world.

Hotel at Wembley is still booked

Come on you Blues! 

Really strange one today. We were very sloppy with our passing in the final third, yet we created enough chances to win it comfortably. When Vesty and Daka missed their chances, I just thought it was going to be one of those days and in the second half, some of chances we missed, were hard to understand how we missed. We created  the chances to win, but it’s goes back to us being sloppy in the final, either with our passing or finishing. The positives was that we created and on another day we would have won this game. Hopefully we are saving our luck for the Leeds match on Friday

COYB🏆🏆🏆

Edited by Lad1966