Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Hull (A) post match 2-2

6 minutes ago, Claridge said:

because mav let him run for half the pitch at half pace

I've just rewatched it because of this comment. Mavadidi did all he could to get back, but he was the target of the initial crap ball from JJ and was always the wrong side once they broke, both he and the Hull player were flat out. Vestergard had the chance to close in but didn't and then he was completely took out of the game due to a huge lack of pace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

For a team who's philosophy is control of possession, we've been ridiculously poor retaining it in the last 3 league games. 

This is why I'm concerned that because we don't have another way of playing, if teams can get us to make the mistakes we've been doing then they tend to have a comfortable game against us.

I wouldnt worry, Bresca's got his note pad ready to get ideas from watching lord pep later today.

It’s not as good a point as people are making out. Hull are better away from home and I don’t buy that it was our toughest game left. 

Three very tricky home games to play. One of which is against Southampton.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

It’s not as good a point as people are making out. Hull are better away from home and I don’t buy that it was our game left. 

Three very tricky home games left. One of which is again southampton

They have only lost 5 at home, they are a decent side. They are one of the side that have had our number this season.

Last two games have been about stopping the rot, we have done. 

They have Leeds and Ipswich to play so let see how good a point it is then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

For a team who's philosophy is control of possession, we've been ridiculously poor retaining it in the last 3 league games. 

This is why I'm concerned that because we don't have another way of playing, if teams can get us to make the mistakes we've been doing then they tend to have a comfortable game against us.

What's the common aspect of all those 3 games, Ricardo missed all 3.

Riccy and Winks as a double pivot when he inverts, has been the engine room, Hamza just can't do want he does, massive miss.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

They have only lost 5 at home, they are a decent side. They are one of the side that have had our number this season.

Last two games have been about stopping the rot, we have done. 

They have Leeds and Ipswich to play so let see how good a point it is then.

True. I think it was another lacklustre performance which concerned me more than the result.

At least we’ve managed to scrape to the international break now. 

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

True. I think it was another lacklustre performance which concerned me more than the result.

At least we’ve managed to scrape to the international break now. 

Just think we had a blip, and need a reset.

I think we have just ran out of legs, if we can comeback with a fit Wilf and Ricardo I think we will win the league.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Scotch said:

Something high energy, high press, forward quicker. Basically the opposite to how we play. 

I'm not saying that we should completely change to a whole new style. I'm saying we should have an alternative for when what we are doing isn't working. 

Which is every game currently. 

6 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I wouldnt worry, Bresca's got his note pad ready to get ideas from watching lord pep later today.

Bresca is such a rubbish nickname. Surely if you really have to keep making that same gag then Brenzo would be way better?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's been drilled into the modern football fan, analyst and pundit that possession football is positive football. 

Our title win is still talked about like it was anti football or negative by some. It was quick, direct, exciting football. Yet everything about modern football despises that way of playing. We even made a conscious effort as a club to eradicate it from the top down after our title win.

I'm all for Enzo's way of playing and I like him. But off the top of my head all our best goals this season have been when we've been on the counter. He almost looked angry we'd scored that way after the Birmingham game when he was asked about our counter. It's a very bizarre culture and philosophy to have. 

Like you say if we are going to have a game like Hull where it's 50/50 then you might as well have a different approach because the whole point of this philosophy works on us having more of the ball = less chance for other team to score. Which works great in this league when the finishing is so poor. 

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

What's the common aspect of all those 3 games, Ricardo missed all 3.

Riccy and Winks as a double pivot when he inverts, has been the engine room, Hamza just can't do want he does, massive miss.

Ok, how about we revisit this again once we have the International Break and we have Ricardo back and also Ndidi,  what happens if nothing gets better and the same dross and poor results are still being served up.

Just asking...

53 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

what happens if nothing gets better and the same dross and poor results are still being served up.

We won't finish top, and you'll be able to come on here and gloat about being right.

But really, 'what happens if...?' is a pointless question.

What happens if we win every game?

What happens if we lose every game?

What happens if the team bus crashes and they all break their legs?

What happens if aliens invade?

What happens if there's a global pandemic?

What happens if we end up in the play off final and the FA Cup final over the same weekend?

Edited by BertFill
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Ok, how about we revisit this again once we have the International Break and we have Ricardo back and also Ndidi,  what happens if nothing gets better and the same dross and poor results are still being served up.

Just asking...

Keeping in mind we have lost 1 game Ndidi has played in the league.

I'm pretty confident, happy to have a charity bet, we win the league? 

• Like 1

Guest leatherhead32

4 pts at sunderland and hull is very good, i was concerned this bad run could get as  as long and drawn out as gareth ainsworths hair.

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Faes has had a good season, but remains a bomb-scare. Theres always a daft error in him for some reason.

I still think we’ll get promoted automatically but Christ we have to spend some money if we do!

Has your internet been off for that last week?  We have no money 😂

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Faes has had a good season, but remains a bomb-scare. Theres always a daft error in him for some reason.

I still think we’ll get promoted automatically but Christ we have to spend some money if we do!

It's worrying that we have loads of CB options and yet I think we could really do with strengthening in that area if we go up! 

On 10/03/2024 at 12:08, Ric Flair said:

Defensively a total mess of errors. If we cut those out, you at least get victories like the Sunderland away one. 

20 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It's been drilled into the modern football fan, analyst and pundit that possession football is positive football. 

Our title win is still talked about like it was anti football or negative by some. It was quick, direct, exciting football. Yet everything about modern football despises that way of playing. We even made a conscious effort as a club to eradicate it from the top down after our title win.

I'm all for Enzo's way of playing and I like him. But off the top of my head all our best goals this season have been when we've been on the counter. He almost looked angry we'd scored that way after the Birmingham game when he was asked about our counter. It's a very bizarre culture and philosophy to have. 

Like you say if we are going to have a game like Hull where it's 50/50 then you might as well have a different approach because the whole point of this philosophy works on us having more of the ball = less chance for other team to score. Which works great in this league when the finishing is so poor. 

Alonso’s Leverkusen have perfected entertaining control, they break quickly and with intensity but have 60% possession this season the same as us. 
We are the “can we order pizza for tea?” “We’ve got pizza at home” 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Precisely why if we do go up, I hope Enzo gets an opportunity elsewhere and walks. We cannot afford this stubbornness in the premier league. We need to extract every single percentage point out of the players we have and that simply won’t happen under this system.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Alonso’s Leverkusen have perfected entertaining control, they break quickly and with intensity but have 60% possession this season the same as us. 
We are the “can we order pizza for tea?” “We’ve got pizza at home” 

ASDA pizza gets a hard time but the sizzler one is nice 

• Thanks 1