Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Hull (A) post match 2-2

4 hours ago, JonesLCFC said:

Not confident players like Faes, Justin, Daka are gonna get us over the line. If we bottle this it will be one of the worst ever seen in English footie. 

We bottled two top four finishes and a relegation prior to this season… we have history!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sbfox said:

No team in this league is going to take the game to us and let us hit them on the counter. I don't expect Rotherham to play a high press for 90 mins and then let us dink it over the top for Vardy to run through on goal. 

We have already played Rotherham twice …. Just saying 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'd hardly look upon Vardy or Ricardo as bottlers. I'd certainly put the majority of the problems down to the manager in a variety of ways. He's now gone as are the majority of that team and to tar them with the dross of the past is mere football superstition. 

5 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Im genuinely not convinced that Enzo is actually happy here.

FFP ,and the various media already knocking us down,predicting  minus points.

Doesnt really motivate the managers in this position

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The lack of subs are not (at this moment) same as when Brendan did (or more so didn’t) do it. Enzo is being let down by many in his squad at present.

If he was really the second coming of the Gnome he'd have trashed the players in the post-match interview

3 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

The worry is that we now look like an average Championship side who are no better than a lot of the teams we are playing. At least in the first half of the season, despite our faults, we did seem to control matches and have that extra bit of quality.

We look over-trained. The amount of times we have a clear attacking move or pass on and we stop the ball and pass it back is criminal. We don’t need to go gung ho we just need to decide whether we want to attack and then actually do it. 
Leverkusen play a beautiful possession based attacking style and when they attack they throw men forward, 2 of their best and most important players this season are Frimpong and Grimaldo their marauding wingbacks. 

Leverkusen play some of the most entertaining football I’ve watched it years, and they have the same 60% possession that we do. They have better players obviously, but they often attack by doing the basics like overlapping. We seem reluctant to really fully commit to an attack. We’ve created a fair amount of chances this year through sheer quality and going direct, today’s 2-2 equaliser goal was a perfect example of us playing simple and effective attacking football whilst controlling the ball. I don’t understand why it’s such a taboo to want that to be something we do more often. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

40 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'd hardly look upon Vardy or Ricardo as bottlers. I'd certainly put the majority of the problems down to the manager in a variety of ways. He's now gone as are the majority of that team and to tar them with the dross of the past is mere football superstition. 

Well they've just squandered a 17 point lead to 3 in very similar circumstances, and at a much lower level but here we are.

This would be far worse than what happened in the prem. We had no right to be 4th whereas in this league our budget is by far and away the largest.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

It’s quite clear that teams confidence has taken a prime Mike Tyson blow. 

The problem with this is, because of how we play, it takes longer to try and regain that confidence and form. 

Enzo is young in his career as many have eluded to, but this could be his undoing. He doesn’t have a “back to basics” it seems, and this is what you desperately need at times like this. Brendan didn’t either, and the problem with it is you continue to play a style of play with heightened levels of anxiety, and it just results in mistakes, nervous performances and an inability to get out of it. 

Our biggest threat is us, Enzo has an international break to sort it out, he’s got to think of some alternative ways of going about getting us back into form, you can’t simply keep going and hope you get back into form… 

If. You have an ideology,a belief in a proven developing system .You don’t suddenly change it,into something you haven’t even considered..

Look at one of the greatest cricket bowlers in history…McGrath.

He had his system tweaked it,but was always one of the most precise bowlers,ever

to have a ball in his hand .Batsman new where he would bowl,over years….

They couldn’t do to much about it…Even on bad days or periods,he was difficult

to get away…

Why should Enzo & squad panic,change the whole chaos because, it might misfire

…in results or fall off in periods..

plus t(is fan forum is simply chaotic in their manic meltdowns…

Today was a damn good enjoyable game…Faes lost the ball in a normal

everyday situation , it lead to a goal..fffs sake CBs are doing this week in week out,it was a lack of concentration & he got caught out..it happens,look at the times he’s put in great tackles…keep it together fellas..

AGAIN…it was an enjoyable watchable game…& FTers just keep missing it,because

they  start by preparing to be frustratingly tense & already on the cusp of meltdown.

• Like 1

I have spent the season umming and erring about our wingers and the step up. Continually wondering why Mavs, at 26, hasn’t had the chance yet.

I have though it was down to decision making at times and then thought maybe things have changed and then I see how, when he is aggravated, he is a lost soul. I hope he proves me wrong.

Fatuwa, any questions I see in him at the moment can be put down to youth in my eyes. He will improve and I think is a key player next year if we make the Prem, which ai think we will.

Centre backs- Jesus, I don’t know. Vestergaard looks the best but we know his pace will be an issue when teams don’t sit back so much. I hope Nelson is the new man as it isn’t Faes. Maybe Coady and Nelson will be the surprising pairing? 

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Unsure what I think on this one, he's come in late and not got the ball, but unsure if it's enough for a pen. 

Stupid thing is elsewhere on the pitch thats a foul 

Probably not, but I’d like to see a replay of Faes getting rugby tackled from the set piece near the end 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Unsure what I think on this one, he's come in late and not got the ball, but unsure if it's enough for a pen. 

Stupid thing is elsewhere on the pitch thats a foul 

The first challenge is more of a pen than the second. Bit soft but with var in the prem it probably depends on who you are playing against.

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Well they've just squandered a 17 point lead to 3 in very similar circumstances, and at a much lower level but here we are.

This would be far worse than what happened in the prem. We had no right to be 4th whereas in this league our budget is by far and away the largest.

I think at the time Rodgers took over, compared with who opposition teams had at that particular time, our squad was worthy of top 5 with most decent managers. As our purchases in the transfer market waned in quality, opposition teams bought better and forged ahead whilst we deteriorated drastically. 

Whatever our budget was at the start of this season, a new young manager arrived to a depressed atmosphere, players sold including best assets, new players in either bought or on loan, many of them young and inexperienced let alone gelled as a team. All had to learn a new system of play very quickly. 

Quite frankly if we had been in the top 6 at Christmas then realistically, that would have been a great achievement in the circumstances I think. Instead, we were well ahead and arguably well over-achieving in the circumstances. That overachieving is being used by some to hammer a new young manager in his first season. Yes there have been mistakes but nowhere near the systematic dismantling in comparison to the already assembled talent and opportunities Rodgers had during his tenure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Thought it was a fair result. Neither side created a lot. Why do we look so exhausted though? 50

minites everyone was blowing. It’s not like we’ve been playing fast football all season. 

Because Enzo almost never uses more than 2 subs?

Think we needed a win given the points dropped against Boro and QPR especially. We definitely need the international break for our league games at least although it's annoying that we're now likely to drop to 2nd.

Don't think it was a particularly well managed game again.