Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Hull (A) post match 2-2

Getting results away from home is hard in this league. Especially game 37. We have players who have spent most of their time in the PL. bigger squads, less games etc. There’s an obvious positive in that but also when you’re going up against seasoned Championship players, they tend to have bit more experience. 

It’s going to be tough 9 games but they really need to just fight through it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Allied to poor performances, one win in five league games doesn’t fill me with confidence that things are going to change dramatically. And they need to. 

Not fantastic for sure, but we have stopped the rot, 3 defeats in a row. Now we have a chance to recuperate with being still top and 4 clear of 3rd

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I have given up on the title. Leeds can have it. Just need to better Ipswich now. 5 wins and 2 draws will give us 99. That will be enough in my opinion. 

Don't dismiss Southampton with a game in hand.

• Like 1

Alot of fuss about Mav. Yes he was poor, but for me he wasn't the worst player on the pitch. The Ref, didn't help. He was actually well controlled by their captain. 

Why are we so fussed about drained out players. I thought this system was designed to make the opposition tired. Not us.

Yunus is awful. It's like he runs on quick sand. Never seen that since Gary Parker. Parker had brains though. He should have put Vardy through when he blasted above the bar.

JJ had a tough task. Thought he played OK, considering he had Jayden to look after. He looked threatening almost all game. 

I still think we need to be more aggression in attack. Just try something different at times. 

IF we do get promoted, imagine watching this week in week out. 

Not good enough ref was sh!t

If we make the top 2 the state we are in it will be so lucky

Playoffs loom

Hang your head in shame Enzo your lack of any other plan or tactics has cost us a 12 point lead

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The way we tore into them for our 2nd goal was immense. Have no idea why we couldn’t have repeated that. Direct attacking and desire pays off, who would have thought?  

Apart from that brief glimpse we were entirely shite again. This is going to be a struggle. 

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Think callum doyle needs to be first choice, Justin hasnt been good recently.

He’s good at doing that thing where he gets near someone then does a swan dive 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Wish he’d stop playing Faes for a bit.

When games are a bit more stretched and we aren’t in full control, you see him for what he is.

…and he’s not very good.

Agree. He is so unpredictable and rash. He goes charging into tackles/attempted interceptions, leaving huge amounts of space behind him if he doesn't get the ball. Was surprised that he wasn't left out today - Vesty and Coady did brilliantly together at Bournemouth and we've not conceded in the last 3 games that Coady has played. 

• Like 3

2ppg for the remainder of the season would have us finish on 100 points, and you'd think that would be enough. International break has come at a good time. Get Ndidi up to speed, Ricardo back, and get this wrapped up.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 4

Fell asleep ten minutes before the 90, just woken from a great nap. This thread isn’t completely awful and we’re a point closer to the end of the season and all the nonsense that’s going to entail. All in all, could’ve been worse.

KDH was nowhere what some seem to think he was, he put in a proper shift. Mavs is pointless at the moment, a waste of a selection. Vards was the best player on the pitch by a country mile and that frightens the shit out of me. Fatawu’s defensive work put lazy Faes to shame.

22 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

JJ had a tough task. Thought he played OK

Agree. Why's he being dug out? That winger couldn't get any change out of him. 

And, when under pressure sometimes he cleared his lines or safely put the ball into touch rather than taking unnecessary risk. 

Faes, who I love to bits, is a liability in these tight games. 

Bemused why. Kels is persona non grata. What a weapon on the bench. Only we could leave a proven PL goalscorer out of the squad altogether. 

Thought Vards was sharp and even his lay offs (often a weak point)!were en point 

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Awful. 

forwards again doing nout for me at this rate be playing hull in play off saints haveing a go aswell ,dont know wat it is with our subs again doing nothing i keep thinking they hit someone for 4/6 goals but not happening but 9 games left run of 5/6 wins might just do it 

Leeds have the momentum and a coach who has the experience to get them promoted. I expect them to keep winning and sadly win the title. We need to scrap for every point as Ipswich and Southampton both lack consitency. Second is still very much on as we prepare for a 9 game season after the break. It will give key players time to rest and heal: KDH, Winks, Mavididi, Ndidi and Ricardo, in particular. It will also give Enzo time to reasses and tweak things a little as he looks a little bit like a dear in the headlights at the moment. 

1 hour ago, sbfox said:

What does "back to basics" look like? 

Ffs….. I know what you want me to say “gerrit forrard”..

back to basics is probably a change in formation, opt for a more defensively sound formation like a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3, play two traditional midfielders and not opt for the inverted full back. 

Rather than focus heavily on ball retention, and wearing the opposition down, look to absorb more of the pressure and seek opportunities to counter. 

When your confidence is frail as ours is, just going about the same thing over and over and over again in hope it will eventually work won’t cut it. Sometimes you have to go against your own beliefs to bring the confidence back and then you can start to focus on the preferred style after this. 

It’s not a case of smash it forward and hope for the best. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

The way we tore into them for our 2nd goal was immense. Have no idea why we couldn’t have repeated that. Direct attacking and desire pays off, who would have thought?  

Apart from that brief glimpse we were entirely shite again. This is going to be a struggle. 

We can do it but it seems they are on a leash for most of each match. Teams like Leeds and Ipswich have been much more dynamic of late. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Wonder if you will still feel this way if Leeds win the league? 
we have blown a 14 point lead , that’s hard to take my friend.

Well of course you're right about blowing off a huge lead but if Leeds win the league is still a huge if.

If, buts and maybes don't make you odds on for anything and neither does a stint under Pep. Gotta earn the right from dugout to pitch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

See it as our 'blip'

Now we've all had one.

Hull was probably our toughest game remaining.

Every chance we go on a good run now, fully fit squad hopefully now too. 

Think Norwich and Southampton will be tougher games, don’t forget we have a better away record than home 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Im genuinely not convinced that Enzo is actually happy here.

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I don’t think he’ll be here next season whatever division we are in. 

Who do you think would be interested in having him as manager if we can not just scrape promotion and certainly don’t see a PL team being interested  if we fail to go up.

2 hours ago, lcfcjosh said:

Are you all happy with point ffs 

we aren’t even top of the league come next week

Go to bed

• Like 1