Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Hull (A) post match 2-2

5 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

2 shots on goal out of 15 attempts. Finishing piss poor again

So much of finishing is in the mind.  And finishing has become a problem for us, and a huge problem for Daka.  Vardy needs to get most of the minutes at this point.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

2 shots on goal out of 15 attempts. Finishing piss poor again

You know what though, Middlesbrough and QPR did us 2-1 and both only had the 2 shots on target. As a stand alone game yesterday, absolutely taking that and at least we were on the right side of those stats for once!

Just been watching the EFL highlights and the presenter did Enzo’s talking for him in the interview about the 3 shocking decisions given/not given against us. 

It was a very good point. After 3 defeats, 4 points away in these two games is a decent return. We’d have likely won had we not been up against 14…again. 

Hull are also a very good side. Much more impressed with them than Leeds or Ipswich whenever I’ve seen the sides play. Obviously they haven’t got the volume of points those two have and sample sizes taken into account.

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

If. You have an ideology,a belief in a proven developing system .You don’t suddenly change it,into something you haven’t even considered..

Look at one of the greatest cricket bowlers in history…McGrath.

He had his system tweaked it,but was always one of the most precise bowlers,ever

to have a ball in his hand .Batsman new where he would bowl,over years….

They couldn’t do to much about it…Even on bad days or periods,he was difficult

to get away…

Why should Enzo & squad panic,change the whole chaos because, it might misfire

…in results or fall off in periods..

plus t(is fan forum is simply chaotic in their manic meltdowns…

Today was a damn good enjoyable game…Faes lost the ball in a normal

everyday situation , it lead to a goal..fffs sake CBs are doing this week in week out,it was a lack of concentration & he got caught out..it happens,look at the times he’s put in great tackles…keep it together fellas..

AGAIN…it was an enjoyable watchable game…& FTers just keep missing it,because

they  start by preparing to be frustratingly tense & already on the cusp of meltdown.

I think the problem for some of us is just how reluctant to change anything he is. The beauty of team sports is that small tweaks can make the world of difference. We’re in a position where we are playing a lot of teams who are scrapping for something, and we seem to be getting out scrapped. Sometimes if it’s not a style change it’s personal, we are lacking leadership on the pitch, times like this are ideal for turning to older heads to just calm the games down. Yesterday was chaotic, we were desperate for a leader and yet Coady is still sat on the bench. He is also making pointless subs, usually like for like, and that makes no change on the game at all. 

It’s hard to enjoy, because the stakes are so high if we fail to get promoted. It’s essentially do or bust, so there’s definitely panic starting to set in throughout the fanbase. It’s incredible what four weeks can do, four weeks ago we were about 12 clear of Leeds, and looked untouchable, since then we’ve completely lost our way on the pitch, and have been told we’re getting hammered by the PL and the EFL. Brilliant…. That’s a hell of a lot to deal with. 

Edited by Pliskin

I thought we looked a lot better than them in terms of football but our biggest problem is we squander attacks frequently and when it’s turned over well so easy to penetrate and our players don’t have the strength or know how to commit those dirty little fouls.

Their pen came from a straight run from the half way line as did their second goal which should have been a free kick to KDH but wasn’t given and a big punt upfield later we concede from yet another shot outside the box (our players just don’t throw their bodies like most teams do)!

we have good technical players but once we lose that ball we struggle to stop oncoming attacks and teams have to do very little to create compared to what it seems we have to do!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I thought we looked a lot better than them in terms of football but our biggest problem is we squander attacks frequently and when it’s turned over well so easy to penetrate and our players don’t have the strength or know how to commit those dirty little fouls.

Their pen came from a straight run from the half way line as did their second goal which should have been a free kick to KDH but wasn’t given and a big punt upfield later we concede from yet another shot outside the box (our players just don’t throw their bodies like most teams do)!

we have good technical players but once we lose that ball we struggle to stop oncoming attacks and teams have to do very little to create compared to what it seems we have to do!

The pen was Vestergaard’s error. Why he didn’t come across to help Mavididi sooner is a mystery. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

The pen was Vestergaard’s error. Why he didn’t come across to help Mavididi sooner is a mystery. 

Yea he should have come across but it’s still way too easy for a guy to run directly into our peno area

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think at the time Rodgers took over, compared with who opposition teams had at that particular time, our squad was worthy of top 5 with most decent managers. As our purchases in the transfer market waned in quality, opposition teams bought better and forged ahead whilst we deteriorated drastically. 

Whatever our budget was at the start of this season, a new young manager arrived to a depressed atmosphere, players sold including best assets, new players in either bought or on loan, many of them young and inexperienced let alone gelled as a team. All had to learn a new system of play very quickly. 

Quite frankly if we had been in the top 6 at Christmas then realistically, that would have been a great achievement in the circumstances I think. Instead, we were well ahead and arguably well over-achieving in the circumstances. That overachieving is being used by some to hammer a new young manager in his first season. Yes there have been mistakes but nowhere near the systematic dismantling in comparison to the already assembled talent and opportunities Rodgers had during his tenure. 

Already assembled talent? Ricardo, KDH, Justin, Vardy, N'didi and Iheanacho have regularly featured in sides who've finished top 10 in the premier league. Enzo had an already assembled squad by this logic.

And are we ignoring the obvious gulf in class between the premier league and the championship. Not least to say the football was far more entertaining in those first two years under Rodgers.

9 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I have spent the season umming and erring about our wingers and the step up. Continually wondering why Mavs, at 26, hasn’t had the chance yet.

I have though it was down to decision making at times and then thought maybe things have changed and then I see how, when he is aggravated, he is a lost soul. I hope he proves me wrong.

Fatuwa, any questions I see in him at the moment can be put down to youth in my eyes. He will improve and I think is a key player next year if we make the Prem, which ai think we will.

Centre backs- Jesus, I don’t know. Vestergaard looks the best but we know his pace will be an issue when teams don’t sit back so much. I hope Nelson is the new man as it isn’t Faes. Maybe Coady and Nelson will be the surprising pairing? 

He was our best defender against Sunderland and spent the first half yesterday filling the vacant RB role again

Not best use of him?  When the Hamza and Faes roam-around covered the RB space Fatuwa did what he does best

Didn’t have access to the game, but on the face of it, conceded.and saved a penalty, came from behind twice to get a point at a club in 6th place, yet I read we are bottlers, playing poorly, gonna blow it, yet I would say that is a good point gained, rather than “bottling” a win……it we bottled it what did Ipswich do at Cardiff?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Unsure what I think on this one, he's come in late and not got the ball, but unsure if it's enough for a pen. 

Stupid thing is elsewhere on the pitch thats a foul 

he's late and doesn't get to the ball, it's pretty cut and dry. Enzo is right.

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

You know what though, Middlesbrough and QPR did us 2-1 and both only had the 2 shots on target. As a stand alone game yesterday, absolutely taking that and at least we were on the right side of those stats for once!

Plus you can have a few poor shots straight at the goalkeeper and better, more meaningful chances that go wide. It isn't all on the on target stats. No one that watched the QPR game would say we were miles better, but the stats would suggest so.

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 1

Daka needs to learn to finish chances. 
Or Enzo needs to put Canon on instead. With a real lack of clear cut opportunities, and Vardy coming off late on, we need someone with a killer instinct. Daka simply isn’t that person. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

he's late and doesn't get to the ball, it's pretty cut and dry. Enzo is right.

I disagree, I think that is the softest claim of the 3. There's barely any contact at all. Vardy has thrown himself down twice. 

37 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Plus you can have a few poor shots straight at the goalkeeper and better, more meaningful chances that go wide. It isn't all on the on target stats. No one that watched the QPR game would say we were miles better, but the stats would suggest so.

Yep. Woodwork as well. You could have a tame shot straight at the goalkeeper like you say or a piledriver that smashed the post, beating the goalie and leaving them stranded. One of these counts as a shot on target and one not…

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

He might not always get in the right place, we might not always give him the service, but my god its like a flashback when we it clicks!!

I thought at the time he'd sort of scuffed it and it was a bit lucky 

Looking at it again it was vintage 2016 Vardy - Absolutely brilliant - The boy is a genius 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

happy with a point, but annoyed the ref may have cost us more, and not for the first time. think wilf was a positive, winks and KDH look completely knackered. their penalty really shown how we're vulnerable to pace at the back, their speed took Vestergard right out the game. forgot we hit the post as well after a good save. could easily have took 3 points. only question mark for me was why we brought daka on instead of cannon

4 minutes ago, guest123 said:

happy with a point, but annoyed the ref may have cost us more, and not for the first time. think wilf was a positive, winks and KDH look completely knackered. their penalty really shown how we're vulnerable to pace at the back, their speed took Vestergard right out the game. forgot we hit the post as well after a good save. could easily have took 3 points. only question mark for me was why we brought daka on instead of cannon

Don't think we were ever going to carve out a chance for Cannon. I agreed with bringing Daka on but not much he can do with 5+ stoppage time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Don't think we were ever going to carve out a chance for Cannon. I agreed with bringing Daka on but not much he can do with 5+ stoppage time. 

daka had a clear chance and fluffed it....

• Like 1

Just now, guest123 said:

daka had a clear chance and fluffed it....

I get your point but I wouldn't call it a clear chance. I think his pace caused them issues more so than Cannon would have. 

I feel like Albrighton is needed if you're going to bring Cannon on.

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think the problem for some of us is just how reluctant to change anything he is. The beauty of team sports is that small tweaks can make the world of difference. We’re in a position where we are playing a lot of teams who are scrapping for something, and we seem to be getting out scrapped. Sometimes if it’s not a style change it’s personal, weee lacking leadership on the pitch, times like this are ideal for turning to older heads to just calm the games down. Yesterday was chaotic, we were desperate for a leader and yet Coady is still sat on the bench. He is also making pointless subs, usually like for like, and that makes no change on the game at all. 

It’s hard to enjoy, because the states are so high if we fail to get promoted. It’s essentially do or bust, so there’s definitely panic starting to set in throughout the fanbase. It’s incredible what four weeks can do, four weeks ago we were about 12 clear of Leeds, and looked untouchable, since then we’ve completely lost our way on the pitch, and have been told we’re getting hammered by the PL and the EFL. Brilliant…. That’s a hell of a lot to deal with. 

This should be pinned anytime somebody goes off on one about tactics. Modern football has become so obsessed with tactics they seem to forget that the manager's main job is to lead the team through motivation, culture etc. but it's the players perform that wins the games most of the time. It's only when you get to a Man City or Liverpool level that it's really going to play out in a big way. Exactly as you said, it's those subtle tweaks that gain you the 1% needed to change a game in your favour.

8 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I get your point but I wouldn't call it a clear chance. I think his pace caused them issues more so than Cannon would have. 

I feel like Albrighton is needed if you're going to bring Cannon on.

Daka has to hit the target with that left foot shot. 
He’s just not good enough. 

53 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Daka needs to learn to finish chances. 
Or Enzo needs to put Canon on instead. With a real lack of clear cut opportunities, and Vardy coming off late on, we need someone with a killer instinct. Daka simply isn’t that person. 

Daka always seems to want to throw himself on the ground too easily. Cannon from what we’ve seen wants to take the shot and can shoot on target from outside the box. 

Mavadidi has started falling over too much in 50/50s looking for a foul and staying down when the decision clearly won’t be changed.  At least wait till we (hopefully) get back to the prem to cry after every challenge. 

Hull ramped the fake head injury shit housing, the guy rolled around holding his leg, we didn’t kick it out and then he held his head and the ref pulled it up. 

• Like 1