Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Hull (A) post match 2-2

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Gained on Ipswich. 

Probably start in 2nd by the time we next play as Leeds play before us. 

Important thing is not losing. 

Millwall are playing well!

Edited by David Lowe

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Ffs….. I know what you want me to say “gerrit forrard”..

back to basics is probably a change in formation, opt for a more defensively sound formation like a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3, play two traditional midfielders and not opt for the inverted full back. 

Rather than focus heavily on ball retention, and wearing the opposition down, look to absorb more of the pressure and seek opportunities to counter. 

When your confidence is frail as ours is, just going about the same thing over and over and over again in hope it will eventually work won’t cut it. Sometimes you have to go against your own beliefs to bring the confidence back and then you can start to focus on the preferred style after this. 

It’s not a case of smash it forward and hope for the best. 

No team in this league is going to take the game to us and let us hit them on the counter. I don't expect Rotherham to play a high press for 90 mins and then let us dink it over the top for Vardy to run through on goal. 

5 minutes ago, sbfox said:

No team in this league is going to take the game to us and let us hit them on the counter. I don't expect Rotherham to play a high press for 90 mins and then let us dink it over the top for Vardy to run through on goal. 

It’s about how YOU set up. You have to tempt them out. There are ways of drawing teams out without just standing with the ball at the back waiting for something to happen. 

Any team will press when given a chance, you have to be clever with how you deal with it. We look to control every aspect of the game, and seemingly can’t. Sometimes you can place the emphasis onto the opponents and try to sucker punch them. And I don’t mean dink it over the top to Vardy, use the pace on the wings to attack the spaces. 

A good point all in all. I think everyone was worried ahead of the two away games so four from six isn't too bad given our recent form. 

It is a title run-in so it's about results at this point. Still showed character in both games to grind out a result. Hull away was probably our hardest fixture alongside Southampton at home left.

International Break 100% comes at a good time but hopefully we get Ricardo back, Ndidi is back to full fitness and Faes goes back to his old self for the run-in. Would be keen to see Coady as like I say, it's a title run-in, you want experienced leaders on the pitch (Vardy, Coady) especially. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s about how YOU set up. You have to tempt them out. There are ways of drawing teams out without just standing with the ball at the back waiting for something to happen. 

Any team will press when given a chance, you have to be clever with how you deal with it. We look to control every aspect of the game, and seemingly can’t. Sometimes you can place the emphasis onto the opponents and try to sucker punch them. And I don’t mean dink it over the top to Vardy, use the pace on the wings to attack the spaces. 

We do use the pace on the wings to attack the spaces. See Leeds and Ipswich away for good examples. 

You keep talking about playing to our strengths, well we are. We have an inefficient strike force and a lack of ball winning. We HAVE to keep the ball. 

All we really deserved, if Leeds put 2 on Millwall we may not be top again until we play and (if) we beat Saints, even if we keep winning.

May just clinch it on the final day if Soton beat Leeds but I'm not holding my breath.

We'll maybe lose out to Leeds on goal difference as we seem to be scoring less than them recently (-10 in the last 10 games)

Lots of chances created but a high percentage of shots not on target don't result in goals!

Current form needs to improve, continue the same and we finish 3rd behind Leeds and Ipswich.

Bite yer hand off for second.

4 minutes ago, J. James said:

All we really deserved, if Leeds put 2 on Millwall we may not be top again until we play and (if) we beat Saints, even if we keep winning.

May just clinch it on the final day if Soton beat Leeds but I'm not holding my breath.

We'll maybe lose out to Leeds on goal difference as we seem to be scoring less than them recently (-10 in the last 10 games)

Lots of chances created but a high percentage of shots not on target don't result in goals!

Current form needs to improve, continue the same and we finish 3rd behind Leeds and Ipswich.

Bite yer hand off for second.

Can't see Leeds taking maximum points from their run between Good Friday and the following weekend.

Past posters have said something along the lines that once we have Ricardo and Wilf back,  (chuck in a Vestergaard) add a nice little rest and regroup during the international break and also give Enzo has opportunity to work his magic again during this break, we should then have most of not all of the recently missing ingredients back that some have said are the major contributing factors of our current "dip in form"...

I do hope this is the case, but my question is what if, come our next  match or even the one after, we see no improvement, even with the above missing ingredients added back in.

The very thing some posters (as stated above) are saying are part of the problem and we are again treated to the same performance with the same already documented problems we have recently been subjected too, Where do we go from there.?  Why haven't things improved.

I'm starting to get a bit nervous TBH.

54 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

The worry is that we now look like an average Championship side who are no better than a lot of the teams we are playing. At least in the first half of the season, despite our faults, we did seem to control matches and have that extra bit of quality.

This is what worries me most. Both today and on Tuesday possession was roughly 50/50 and the games are increasingly end to end with no set pattern ie typically Championship. This is a massive contrast to the first half of the season when most of the time our games resembled a cup game between a PL team and a lower league team. 

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Who do you think would be interested in having him as manager if we can not just scrape promotion and certainly don’t see a PL team being interested  if we fail to go up.

Why does it have to be this country? 
I could see him going to Italy. 
I don’t think he’ll want to be another Kompany if we do go up. Looking at our potential financial situation he could be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbfox said:

Like what? 

Something high energy, high press, forward quicker. Basically the opposite to how we play. 

I'm not saying that we should completely change to a whole new style. I'm saying we should have an alternative for when what we are doing isn't working. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Why does it have to be this country? 
I could see him going to Italy. 
I don’t think he’ll want to be another Kompany if we do go up. Looking at our potential financial situation he could be. 

LCFC is a great club even with restricted finances and Enzo is very Inexperienced, that's not to knock our manager, but it's not like Enzo is the golden child until he earns the right to be so regarded.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Can't see Leeds taking maximum points from their run between Good Friday and the following weekend.

Assuming Leeds beat Millwall by 2 or more, We may return to the top by beating Bristol city, but we'd need to beat them by more than leeds beat a poor Watford side to stay there on gd.

Hull and cov may offer resistance but i cant see Blackburn, Sunderland, Middlesbrough or QPR taking anything, form is all at this point and those buggers are flying.

We have tricky matches against Norwich, Preston, Soton and WBA any or all of which are very losable.

This place is like an alternate reality. Wanting the manager who has turned us around gone. Expecting domination of the toughest European league. Believing we have a right to be back in the Premiership. 

We've all forgotten our history. That title win went to your heads. We've been mediocre for years now - fighting it out with the clubs around us is where we should be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Something high energy, high press, forward quicker. Basically the opposite to how we play. 

I'm not saying that we should completely change to a whole new style. I'm saying we should have an alternative for when what we are doing isn't working. 

So headless chicken it? Saying 'high energy' isnt really an alternative. 

Just now, dr.o.ball said:

LCFC is a great club even with restricted finances and Enzo is very Inexperienced, that's not to knock our manager, but it's not like Enzo is the golden child until he earns the right to be so regarded.

Agree. 
He has to get us up and keep us up to be regarded as that. 
I do think there is a slight arrogance with him even though he’s achieved nothing yet. 

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Think Norwich and Southampton will be tougher games, don’t forget we have a better away record than home 

They will not stick 10 men behind the ball in a low block though. 

12 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

I really worry for us right now 

On field and off field the seams are coming unstuck 

we are facing possibly our biggest crisis in a generation 

On the field, how ?

We've had our 'blip', as have Leeds & Ipswich. We've just took a point from our toughest game left.

We now have a fully for squad going into the run in.

The negativity on here is astounding.

I can only assume most negative posts are from 'fans' from the under 35 age range, who in general, have witnessed a very fruitful few years.....

If you want constant trophies year on year, Man City are your club

Edited by STEVIE B