Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

The final straw??

53 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

There is almost cataclysmic levels of delusion going on, made worse by our good run in the early winter period where many other teams struggled.  My favourite deluded point when we were doing well was 'with the best squad ever seen in the championship, my nan could win this league'. Fans are on another level sometimes.

Although we had some half decent incomings in the summer window, what we actually did was a small percentage of what was needed. This forum was a basket case of fans demanding we keep Nacho and Ndidi because they will be playing (and in Nachos case) scoring for fun in this league. We are now suffering the consequences for keeping average players with no winning mentality who have one foot (and a toe from the other foot) in the departure lounge. 

Enzo got a good song out of this lot at the start and middle of this season. Now its not working. Those on the way out have seen their performances drop massively. KDH isn't going to be turn into some sort of machine if we play 4-4-2. His mind is elsewhere. Ndidi turned from 'Ndidio' into a Soumare tribute act yesterday. This is the players not doing their jobs properly, because they don't have to anymore. 

I agree we over-achieved and it was also because quite a few teams were in flux or needed a manager change to improve. Perhaps some credit to Enzo though for taking us above expectations for so long. Tactically there is a problem now, as teams have a clear plan to set up against us; Enzo is far too conservative he needs to takes more risks. Perhaps this is due to being sacked so quickly in his only previous job.

Yesterday I thought Ndidi, Ricardo and Vardy didn't look 'match sharp', coming back from injuries, so that's another consideration.

He also needed 3 transfer windows to sort this squad out, which was in a horrendous mess. He's only had one, as January was a self-imposed embargo. What we needed yesterday was a solid championship player like Jason Knight to come on in Midfield, instead we have Akgun, who is a bit of a liability with poor decision making skills - do you roll the dice with him or keep Ndidi on, when he looks exhausted?

• Like 1

Leicester City the team that gives you so many emotions from Euphoria to Downright Frustration a Rollercoaster of emotions one I’ve endure for over 40 years of supporting this great club from Administration to almost going bust to the downfall of relegation to Div 1 the Emotional Rollercoaster 🎢 of supporting this great club, younger fans have been spoiled with our success from 2015/16 the title win a quarter final in the Champions league An FaCup win community shield win who now have felt the pain of relegation from the Premier league to going 17 points clear fuching up a great lead but yesterdays performance was just unacceptable we were lucky Leeds only drew now we can only hope Ipswich slip up over the coming games we can pick our arses out of our hands win the last 8 the lads need to dig in and play for the club and Fans we as fans continue to give our all at every game cheering them on getting behind them pushing them on ffs Leicester please don’t Fuch up this promotion push !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Leicester City the team that gives you so many emotions from Euphoria to Downright Frustration a Rollercoaster of emotions one I’ve endure for over 40 years of supporting this great club from Administration to almost going bust to the downfall of relegation to Div 1 the Emotional Rollercoaster 🎢 of supporting this great club, younger fans have been spoiled with our success from 2015/16 the title win a quarter final in the Champions league An FaCup win community shield win who now have felt the pain of relegation from the Premier league to going 17 points clear fuching up a great lead but yesterdays performance was just unacceptable we were lucky Leeds only drew now we can only hope Ipswich slip up over the coming games we can pick our arses out of our hands win the last 8 the lads need to dig in and play for the club and Fans we as fans continue to give our all at every game cheering them on getting behind them pushing them on ffs Leicester please don’t Fuch up this promotion push !

My self preservation kicks in at times like this. A sort of numbness  to kill the pain and frustration. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

That wasn't the bit I had quote responded to. There was a second comment about the team being miles better than the majority of the division, which is clearly true and clearly not in reference to the clubs up there with us.

If that's what you think about our squad then you must be really pro-Enzo given he has such a terrible group up around the top of the table?

You say 'pro Enzo' like it's some sort of illness. I appreciate the job done up until about 5 games ago, and think he can lay the foundations for a longer term project. He is inexperienced and us somewhat living with that came with the appointment.  I don't think we have a squad good enough though and i think there is too much hyperbole with the quality of it, especially the midfield. I kept saying early in the season we would have a sticky patch and part of me wishes it was around christmas where lots of teams struggled, as the optics for losing that lead are messing with everyone's minds. For the record, i never once thought we would 'pi55 the league' and thought we wouldn't be in the position we are right now.

I also think there is more stuff going on behind the scenes that we know about (both FFP and general poor leadership). All this happening at once is a lot for an inexperienced appointment to deal with. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that our leadership are just letting him get on with it whilst they work out how to cover their asses and firmly remain up Tops backside.

I think calls for sacking are silly. We are still right in this, and watching Leeds yesterday tells me they aren't going to have this their own way.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I mention Praet because one of the big arguments is that Enzo doesn't use the bench. Preat is your game changing sub who can change the game? I despair. 

No, a game changing sub is someone who comes on and potentially changes the setup. 

Someone who brings something different or something that was missing from a side, like a 2nd striker ( instead of our usual set up of playing one) not just a like for like in then play the same system.

You also mentioned in a previous post

"after 75% of a season where it has been massively successful"

Was this with references to our midfield or our whole teams performances in general.  If we initially doing so well what in your option has caused the current dip in performance and the flushing of a 14 point lead down the loo.

The team /midfield was good enough at the start to put a winning and points gathering streak together, surely they all haven't gone cr@p overnight. Something has changed.

Edited by Guppys Love Child

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I wasn’t at Ashton Gate yesterday. What happened?? How did the players react, did Enzo hear / see the reaction?? 

I don't honestly know (or care). I turned my back and walked out the second the full time whistle went with the cressendo of boos ringing in my ears. Didn't give them a second glance. 

• Like 1

Like I’ve said on another thread I think regardless of what happens at the end of the season he should go, clearly not the right man. 

His stubbornness, poor in game management and complete lack of awareness on how to use substitutions have ruined this season for us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I wasn’t at Ashton Gate yesterday. What happened?? How did the players react, did Enzo hear / see the reaction?? 

JJ had the balls to come close as possible to the stand. He was at the advertising hoardings. Winks was shrugging his shoulders at the boos. 

Hamza took loads of stick and rightly so.

46 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

full stops.!

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The fans reaction is the manifestation of the last few years. In another circumstance, we’d have united. 

When the financial results come out next week, it will click for others too. 

Ok, then let me get this in early.

How have we spent so much? If it is as mentioned the losses in 20/21 was 33m? in 21/22 102m?

But we are about to smash the record for the biggest breach, then we lost in 22/23 too I assume?

Where did it all go? Wages? Must assume our running costs are just too high.

51 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

No, a game changing sub is someone who comes on and potentially changes the setup. 

I think it's as simple as someone who changes the game and does something the starting 11 just couldn't do. I suppose you could say if Nacho hadn't been offside then he did something that Vardy wasn't able to do from the starting 11. From a midfield perspective, someone to replace Ndidi who would press and charge forward. Surprised Yunus didnt get a sniff,  but do i really think he or Praet would have done something the existing midfield weren't doing? Not sure.

51 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

If we initially doing so well what in your option has caused the current dip in performance and the flushing of a 14 point lead down the loo.

I actually started to worry when the rumours about KDH came out and Enzo didn't get Sensi. I think there have been a few things bubbling away behind the scenes for a while once management knew they needed to internally confess about the FFP situation. Once information gets in the hand of their agents, the mood can change pretty quickly.

Once KDH knew that he was gone no matter what, our entire midfield minus Winks was full of players who to some degree have nothing left to play for. I don't care what anyone says, even if you think a player is the biggest saint and Leicester fan on the planet, their mentality is different once they know they are going. Ndidi, KDH and Preat are all in that position now, and have a strong suspicion that Yunus already knows he won't be here no matter what.  That is a shocking position for our club to be in, and there is nothing Enzo can do about that. He can man manage them as best as he thinks possible, but he can't get in KDH's or Ndidi's head and pull them over the line. If he had top tier alternatives then he could delve into that, but we don't.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Were you at Ashton Gate yesterday? Our fans were absolutely behind the team until it was clear what was unfolding. The main show of anger/disappointment was resevered for full time. 

I will always back the team (I'll be driving 280 miles on Monday) whilst the game is on but not sure that I'll hold back if we get another shambolic performance. It's too much to watch that twice in 3 days and I'm at the end of my tether. 

I'm not talking about the fans that were there, I've been to a few aways this season and the bulk of fans are behind him. There's always this overly-negative element online and a fair few of them haven't been to a game in years. Everyone's annoyed with the form, everyone wants us to be better but this knee jerk "sack him" element need burying in their own back gardens. The club is in the shit financially and it could get worse. He's not going to be sacked and the last thing we need is even more upheaval. We need to hold our nerve and help get them over the line.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

You say 'pro Enzo' like it's some sort of illness. I appreciate the job done up until about 5 games ago, and think he can lay the foundations for a longer term project. He is inexperienced and us somewhat living with that came with the appointment.  I don't think we have a squad good enough though and i think there is too much hyperbole with the quality of it, especially the midfield. I kept saying early in the season we would have a sticky patch and part of me wishes it was around christmas where lots of teams struggled, as the optics for losing that lead are messing with everyone's minds. For the record, i never once thought we would 'pi55 the league' and thought we wouldn't be in the position we are right now.

I also think there is more stuff going on behind the scenes that we know about (both FFP and general poor leadership). All this happening at once is a lot for an inexperienced appointment to deal with. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that our leadership are just letting him get on with it whilst they work out how to cover their asses and firmly remain up Tops backside.

I think calls for sacking are silly. We are still right in this, and watching Leeds yesterday tells me they aren't going to have this their own way.

Not suggesting it's a bad position to take at all, just that with the view of the squad you have he's having a McKenna level season.

I'd personally disagree and think he's doing averagely with a very good squad for this league. This is as much about my feeling that the league is utter turd as it is about us having outstanding players.

As you say, so many variables in play and I don't think Ipswich or Leeds will win out. We won't know whether it's a good or bad season until that whistle goes against Blackburn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinpot_fox said:

That’s the point for me at this time, Leeds struggled to get a point but at least they struggled and got the point, a bit more of that and we would be top of the league. Win the next match and we are top of the league? Lose every match from now and we’d probably not have the momentum to win the play offs. Get promoted and have team and system to stay up, wholesale changes will take place in the summer regardless and some players that seems certain be able to be persuaded to stay, may now not be so wanted or want to stay as much?

It's literally the fine margins though isn't it? That difference between them smuggling the ball over the goal line and players like Vardy, Mavididi and Daka not burying simple chances. He's only got to score 2 of his 5 chances yesterday and no-one cares about the performance because we're top and back clear of Leeds. Frustrating.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ashley said:

JJ had the balls to come close as possible to the stand. He was at the advertising hoardings. Winks was shrugging his shoulders at the boos. 

Hamza took loads of stick and rightly so.

Winks looked bothered in the interviews he did, probably the first time he's experienced that level of criticism here. They'll all remember the ovations after Watford and Stoke and wonder how they've got to this stage. Like we all do.

14 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I'm not talking about the fans that were there, I've been to a few aways this season and the bulk of fans are behind him. There's always this overly-negative element online and a fair few of them haven't been to a game in years. Everyone's annoyed with the form, everyone wants us to be better but this knee jerk "sack him" element need burying in their own back gardens. The club is in the shit financially and it could get worse. He's not going to be sacked and the last thing we need is even more upheaval. We need to hold our nerve and help get them over the line.

Overly negative? Lose a 17 point difference, drop out the promotion places, and in relegation form in the recent points table but people here are overly negative. Right. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

lolz! So when I challenge  'this is the best squad the championship has ever seen', i'm not allowed to compare to squads that are actually better all of a sudden? Posters aren't saying - we are better than a lot, there is an overwhelming point being raised that this is in fact 'the best'. Its not - not by a long way.

If people are happy to accept that our midfield is actually only average in this division, then maybe our form might be understood a bit more.

I agree with most of your points. I think though that when Ricky is fit and playing a more forward role, we can describe our midfield as one of the better ones in the division. just we don't have the midfield backup that many believe. Our defence is a bit patchy at times, and for some reason the forward line rarely clicks as it should.

Normally you vent your anger at the board not the manager and players especially when they have got us into a position where we can get automatic promotion.

Yea we had a big lead but now we haven't so get behind them and get us over the line we are on the verge of promotion not relegation.

Entitled fans

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Yeah that's right. Easy to support a club that's winning all the time isn't it? Few defeats and the doom merchants are out and we're waving white flags. We lost a 17 point gap to Leeds. We've been neck and neck with Ipswich for most of the season. They had a shit January we had a shit March. 8 games in 28 days, it's still all to play for.

People talking about players bottling it. Jesus, read your own posts. It's like Arsenal TV on here some days.

What a load of tosh. You haven't refuted one point. Because you can't, the facts are there. 

5 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Yeah that's right. Easy to support a club that's winning all the time isn't it? Few defeats and the doom merchants are out and we're waving white flags. We lost a 17 point gap to Leeds. We've been neck and neck with Ipswich for most of the season. They had a shit January we had a shit March. 8 games in 28 days, it's still all to play for.

People talking about players bottling it. Jesus, read your own posts. It's like Arsenal TV on here some days.

100%

• Like 1

If you stop expecting success 24x7 as we have NO right to it just like every other team and you might enjoy it a bit more.

Enjoy the ride - the last time we went to shit we ended up where we could never imagine.

• Like 1