Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

The final straw??

Yesterday it felt to me like a turning point. Not the team but amongst the fanbase. Some, apparently, were still behind applauding the players at full time. I wasn't one of those as I couldn't get out quick enough. I'd wasted enough effort on them already. 

I'm not the sort to boo but equally I won't give verbal credit to the players after a poor performance. Patience is wearing thin and momentum is building that may well come to a head on Monday if we see yet another awful performance. 

Those around at the infamous Sheff Utd match in '96 will know how a crowd can react. Times have changed but are we heading towards another of those turning points where the fanbase finally loses it? 

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Those around at the infamous Sheff Utd match in '96 will know how a crowd can react. Times have changed but are we heading towards another of those turning points where the fanbase finally loses it? 

28 years ago today. Hopefully an upturn in form similar to then is imminent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't know why this gets banded about still. We might have one of the most expensive squads ever seen, but its nowhere near being one of the best. Our midfield is actually piss poor. Ndidi's redemption now looks like it was a short term flash in the pan (he was dropping off before his injury) and he was a player who has been horrific for at least 2 seasons. Winks is tidy but very rarely does anything progressive and KDH is a one footed fraud. Praet is an imbecile who hasn't wanted to step foot in Leicestershire for the last 3 seasons and Yunus is probably a winger, probably an attack midfielder - nobody knows.  And that's it my friend - thats what Enzo has to pick from. 

We have a terrible midfield massively overrated by the fans. They can barely pass, can't cross and heaven forbids if we get set piece. 

It gets right on my tits. People moan about Hamza, Praet, Faes, etc, but then claim we have the bestest team ever seen in the championship. We have arguably one of the best teams when fit/in form, but our subs are middling at best. Momentum would cover those deficiencies, but we struggling to regain it and that is in part on Enzo. These are professionals, so show some pride (Shout out to Hamza here) so it should not be reliant on just ego stroking from the manager.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rain King said:

28 years ago today. Hopefully an upturn in form similar to then is imminent.

I'm determined to be positive on Monday. I'll not moan (outwardly, at least) and will do my best to encourage the players during the game.

If, however, we are treated to another effortless, awful, spineless performance in the space of 3 days then even I may lose it. 

I can boo and abuse as much as the next but will try to contain it. There is only so much I can take and I'm all most at it. 

28 years ago?! And here we are again

Scenes after reminded me of Barnsley away in 2013 when players and manager got real pelters. 

Can't argue it wasn't deserved yesterday, all this 'get behind us' talk....how about doing something different to get behind 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

It gets right on my tits. People moan about Hamza, Praet, Faes, etc, but then claim we have the bestest team ever seen in the championship. We have arguably one of the best teams when fit/in form, but our subs are middling at best. Momentum would cover those deficiencies, but we struggling to regain it and that is in part on Enzo. These are professionals, so show some pride (Shout out to Hamza here) so it should not be reliant on just ego stroking from the manager.

We arguable have one of the better midfields when they are performing. Since Wilf fell off a cliff (and got injured), and KDH entered the exit lounge, our midfield offers nothing. We can't rely and Winks for everything especially the role he plays. Hamza (quite rightly) took pelters for the goal yesterday but at that stage of the match our midfield pressed no one and gave away huge amounts of space in the middle of the pitch.

56 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

This team is miles better than the majority of this league

This is a big problem - and a bigger problem than any system we try to play. This assumption from our fanbase that our team is somehow better than it really is. Especially the midfield. You wouldn't see Ndidi or Praet waltzing into the Leeds team (im pretty sure the Leeds management would have found a way to get rid and replace).  I look at what Leeds have in those central and attacking positions with a little envy im afraid. Its not because of the manager - its because i think they have better players. Better players that are actually struggling themselves.

56 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Winks and KDH have been fantastic this season, although they have dropped off recently, but the whole team has, due to a lack of confidence due to the manager continuing with the same tactics that have been found out.

KDH hasn't been 'found out'. Like Ndidi, Praet and Nacho - he's in the exit lounge. He's simply not performing now because he doesn't have to, and his fitness is more important than our results.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't know why this gets banded about still. We might have one of the most expensive squads ever seen, but its nowhere near being one of the best. Our midfield is actually piss poor. Ndidi's redemption now looks like it was a short term flash in the pan (he was dropping off before his injury) and he was a player who has been horrific for at least 2 seasons. Winks is tidy but very rarely does anything progressive and KDH is a one footed fraud. Praet is an imbecile who hasn't wanted to step foot in Leicestershire for the last 3 seasons and Yunus is probably a winger, probably an attack midfielder - nobody knows.  And that's it my friend - thats what Enzo has to pick from. 

We have a terrible midfield massively overrated by the fans. They can barely pass, can't cross and heaven forbid if we get set piece. 

It is the best squad the Championship has seen. We were easily on the way to smashing every record until this shit show (which I don't put down to our quality).

It's easy to say everyone's shit and the worlds over, but I still believe. 

Can we get the Birch to dress up as Churchill on Monday? Or did the Churchill (and the Birch) get cancelled?

We have a terrible midfield massively overrated by the fans. They can barely pass, can't cross and heaven forbid if we get set piece. 

Hard disagree with the last bit. On paper, Ipswich have a poorer midfield but a good coach works out how to draw out their strengths. A midfield of Winks-KDH-Ndidi is far too good for this league but for whatever reason the coach has not come up with a way to make the most of their ability. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We arguable have one of the better midfields when they are performing. Since Wilf fell off a cliff (and got injured), and KDH entered the exit lounge, our midfield offers nothing. We can't rely and Winks for everything especially the role he plays. Hamza (quite rightly) took pelters for the goal yesterday but at that stage of the match our midfield pressed no one and gave away huge amounts of space in the middle of the pitch.

This is a big problem - and a bigger problem than any system we try to play. This assumption from our fanbase that our team is somehow better than it really is. Especially the midfield. You wouldn't see Ndidi or Praet waltzing into the Leeds team (im pretty sure the Leeds management would have found a way to get rid and replace).  I look at what Leeds have in those central and attacking positions with a little envy im afraid. Its not because of the manager - its because i think they have better players. Better players that are actually struggling themselves.

KDH hasn't been 'found out'. Like Ndidi, Praet and Nacho - he's in the exit lounge. He's simply not performing now because he doesn't have to, and his fitness is more important than our results.

You've mentioned Praet several times here, he's only played a few games. Our main midfield is KDH, Winks and Ndidi. I wouldn't swap them for the Leeds midfielders. I do agree though, that Leeds have good depth in the attacking areas, something we really lack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

People had their concerns, raised them and got ridiculed for it.

It's not a simple as "Gerrit forward", blood and thunder, "Passhun", you need more than that, but give us something to get behind rather than pointless passing without conviction in they dying minutes.

Love your posts @Matt but it seems too me it’s both sides, as people are far more  ridiculed for hoping we see a turn around for the current malaise, for hoping Enzo changes his spots, for pointing out reasons outside our control why we might be failing, instead just labelling those hope for such things of being brainless happy clappers, blue tinted, and  pointing out this squad is not the best in the league is constantly ignored dismissed.

Long ball. Long balls in hope, no thanks and I see nobody advocating for them nor railing against them, but fast forward longer balls down the wings, penetrating through balls, yes please. Reckon everyone wants that and we have seen it this season - where has it all gone?

Do we really believe Enzo’s has told us not too? I for one do not, but that’s just a personal opinion based only on eye tests, evident in our hesitancy and fear.

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

If anything that should be a lesson to people about how football CAN change. Martin admits we're were terrible for those 12 games when he took over but the team needed backing not hammering. They turned it round and we got promoted on pure momentum.

Pearson had this as well. Two of our play off seasons had winless runs in them and there were Sack him threads in both (no surprise there). He had supposedly lost the dressing room too according to the Know It Alls.

Enzo isn't going to be sacked. With 8 games left it isn't going to happen, the debate is pointless. However shit we think we are the team needs backing because if we don't go up, this club will be in horrendous trouble. The EFL will use us as an example and whip us naked in the street for all to see.

Friday should be the turning point. But only for the manager, fans and players getting their shit together and giving it a massive go. No-one is playing well right now. The way our fans talk you'd think Leeds were Brazil 1970 and Ipswich were Clough's Forest side of the late 70s. Neither of them are destroying teams. In 2 of their last 3 Leeds struggled to get a point against Hudds and Watford.

If you don't back the team now, don't bother turning up IF we get promoted. It's easy to support teams when things are going well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

If anything that should be a lesson to people about how football CAN change. Martin admits we're were terrible for those 12 games when he took over but the team needed backing not hammering. They turned it round and we got promoted on pure momentum.

Pearson had this as well. Two of our play off seasons had winless runs in them and there were Sack him threads in both (no surprise there). He had supposedly lost the dressing room too according to the Know It Alls.

Enzo isn't going to be sacked. With 8 games left it isn't going to happen, the debate is pointless. However shit we think we are the team needs backing because if we don't go up, this club will be in horrendous trouble. The EFL will use us as an example and whip us naked in the street for all to see.

Friday should be the turning point. But only for the manager, fans and players getting their shit together and giving it a massive go. No-one is playing well right now. The way our fans talk you'd think Leeds were Brazil 1970 and Ipswich were Clough's Forest side of the late 70s. Neither of them are destroying teams. In 2 of their last 3 Leeds struggled to get a point against Hudds and Watford.

If you don't back the team now, don't bother turning up IF we get promoted. It's easy to support teams when things are going well.

Were you at Ashton Gate yesterday? Our fans were absolutely behind the team until it was clear what was unfolding. The main show of anger/disappointment was resevered for full time. 

I will always back the team (I'll be driving 280 miles on Monday) whilst the game is on but not sure that I'll hold back if we get another shambolic performance. It's too much to watch that twice in 3 days and I'm at the end of my tether. 

• Like 4

Comparing to Leeds is not the point here is it? We do have one of the best midfields in the league: games against Leeds, Southampton, and even Ipswich account for 6/46 games. In the other 40 at least we have the stronger team. So the team is clearly stronger than the majority of the league, as claimed. We're clearly not performing at those levels at the moment though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

This team is miles better than the majority of this league, and if we had a manager capable of making tactical changes and actually using the squad rather than flogging the same 11 players every game, then we'd still be comfortably top of the league. I think you're being hugely critical of the players here. Winks and KDH have been fantastic this season, although they have dropped off recently, but the whole team has, due to a lack of confidence due to the manager continuing with the same tactics that have been found out.

It isn't, it really, really isn't.

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Comparing to Leeds is not the point here is it? We do have one of the best midfields in the league: games against Leeds, Southampton, and even Ipswich account for 6/46 games. In the other 40 at least we have the stronger team. So the team is clearly stronger than the majority of the league, as claimed. We're clearly not performing at those levels at the moment though.

Again, we really don't.

I don't think the entire crowd turns if we fail on Monday........the number of fans who applauded the team off following relegation would suggest that won't happen.

A section will kick off for sure and probably not wait until the end of the game if things aint going to plan.

It's that cliche situation of the fans needs the team to give us something to cheer and the team needs the home fans to create an atmosphere to drive them on.  Neither scenario has happened for a good while.

I hope (but doubt) that Coady is involved just to add experience and help the mentality of the team and try and drag a performance out of us.  

8 games left, we can still get promotion and salvage the season.

That should be the dressing room message. Go and silence the doubters, show you are premier league players and deserve promotion.

Edited by JimmyC74

22 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Were you at Ashton Gate yesterday? Our fans were absolutely behind the team until it was clear what was unfolding. The main show of anger/disappointment was resevered for full time. 

I will always back the team (I'll be driving 280 miles on Monday) whilst the game is on but not sure that I'll hold back if we get another shambolic performance. It's too much to watch that twice in 3 days and I'm at the end of my tether. 

I wasn’t at Ashton Gate yesterday. What happened?? How did the players react, did Enzo hear / see the reaction?? 

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

all true, through in an idiot who thinks its a good idea to get those players to piss about with the ball, passing 2 yds to each other and they will struggle.

The critical mass of the fan base won’t turn until it’s far far too late and we are adrift at the bottom of the champ next season below Derby and Posh. Even then it’ll just be polite grumbling. Heart has been completely ripped out this club, from the owners through the squad to the stands. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, iancognito said:

That’s the point for me at this time, Leeds struggled to get a point but at least they struggled and got the point, a bit more of that and we would be top of the league. Win the next match and we are top of the league? Lose every match from now and we’d probably not have the momentum to win the play offs. Get promoted and have team and system to stay up, wholesale changes will take place in the summer regardless and some players that seems certain be able to be persuaded to stay, may now not be so wanted or want to stay as much?