Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

The final straw??

It’s a fair shout that the season is still all to play for and we can still achieve automatic promotion.

That said it’s not too surprising that many have reacted to a fourth defeat in six, being 22nd in the form guide and losing a 17 point lead. Emotions get the better of you with this game, particularly with promotion being all the more important based on the financial concerns.

We obviously need another BSLB episode to help us deal with the stress.

• Like 1

The frankly ridiculous amount of wins in the first half of the season papered over the cracks somewhat that our football was actually quite poor in doing so.  It was always going to unravel and now it's apparent that Enzo didn't really know why we were winning because he sure as hell can't figure out how to arrest a frankly diabolical reverse of results.

For me personally, despite the first 25 odd games giving results that fans would die for, the football has been stinking the place out for over two years, if not more.

We still seem to be on a downward spiral to god knows where.  Back to where we were before Vichai took over is my guess.  That's the point where Top will get totally bored of his plaything and sell up.

We will go a full circle before this resets itself.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Unfortunately when this way of playing is going well its hard to argue against, how could you argue against anything that gets you 17 points clear.

However when the going gets tough it's an intrinsic value of it is that it's hard to get behind, it goes against all logic that when you're under the cosh, losing, chasing a game, especially in the last few minutes, they're passing the ball sideways or backwards, slow, dour buildup, people take the piss out of "Gerrit forwards" but i'm sorry you ain't scoring passing about at the back in the last minute! Even the commentator said yesterday "This is Leicester's last chance, they have to get it forwards" then we ensued to pass it, with no threat whatsoever. We weren't even passing with  conviction, it was a tippy tappy 5 yard pass, i'm sorry but people can't get behind that.

People had their concerns, raised them and got ridiculed for it.

It's not a simple as "Gerrit forward", blood and thunder, "Passhun", you need more than that, but give us something to get behind rather than pointless passing without conviction in they dying minutes.

Whatever happened to throwing the kitchen sink at it.

Tough though, isn't it? Every time we found a bit of space, KDH proceeded to spoon it to the nearest defender first time.

I can understand why our players might be a bit reluctant to move forwards when it so consistently results in us losing the ball.

Our biggest issue is having poor ball playing footballers, especially in the middle.

• Like 1

Since the PL title win, we have the worst and most entitled fans in the league.

If we all get behind the team and actually support them and want them to win we could still get promotion.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't know why this gets banded about still. We might have one of the most expensive squads ever seen, but its nowhere near being one of the best. Our midfield is actually piss poor. Ndidi's redemption now looks like it was a short term flash in the pan (he was dropping off before his injury) and he was a player who has been horrific for at least 2 seasons. Winks is tidy but very rarely does anything progressive and KDH is a one footed fraud. Praet is an imbecile who hasn't wanted to step foot in Leicestershire for the last 3 seasons and Yunus is probably a winger, probably an attack midfielder - nobody knows.  And that's it my friend - thats what Enzo has to pick from. 

We have a terrible midfield massively overrated by the fans. They can barely pass, can't cross and heaven forbid if we get set piece. 

Whilst I initially liked your post (still do for the majority).

I HAVE to call out your next one re: Leeds’ central midfield.

Kamara was bombed out of Rangers and Amapadu has been relegated what three years on the bounce?

A midfield of Winks, KDH and Ndidi if managed to their strengths (which Leeds are currently doing) is a much stronger one.

Agree 100% about their attacking/wide options though.

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd sooner be entitled than automatically accepting the latest flavour of dog shit served up from this shambles of a regime but each to their own isn't it.

Definition of entitlement…

the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Do we think this better describes those who demand that the players/management show a bit of effort and fight on the pitch or do we think this better sums up those with the ‘we’ll be fine and can carry on doing what we are doing and it’ll be fine’ mindset?

23 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd sooner be entitled than automatically accepting the latest flavour of dog shit served up from this shambles of a regime but each to their own isn't it.

I had a debate with a Bristol fan post match about that.

‘Who do you think you are?’ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Exactly how I see it. Our fans have to be the most apathetic bunch of happy’s around.

Wouldn't have happened in the 80’s this 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Understand what you are saying but you achieve exactly the same thing as those so called unentitled (aka happy clappers) you just give yourself the hump whilst being entitled .

(might as well use these words as it saves redefining in every other post)

But it’s  not like raging does anything is it? I know people like to pretend it does, but Top et al won’t care about this discontent, as their pay masters are now Sky not the fans. So evens staging a protest will do bugger all, as they just won’t show it, it’s not like with a ‘big’ club where Sky need to show the games for subscribers.  :(

Maybe you feel it does do something and maybe it does, all this silent raging, and if it does then that’s helpful in a cathartic way I guess.

7 minutes ago, teblin said:

All these threads remind me of April 2013 when we lost 2-0 at Barnsley and people were booing NP team off the pitch.

Reckon in 10 years Enzo will be the messiah?

2 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Form table over the last five we are.

Is that how relegation works? Pick an arbitrary number of games to analyse and we get relegated. 

Our form is shocking - it's GOT to change, but....

In the 38 game form guide we are still in this, and our points per game is joint top.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, trooky said:

Since the PL title win, we have the worst and most entitled fans in the league.

If we all get behind the team and actually support them and want them to win we could still get promotion.

I don't know if you actually attend games in person, Trooky :dunno:

All of these accusations of entitlement that I've heard have come from Sky subscribers and armchair fans. It's very different being there after making the time/effort/cost and being emotionally involved. 

The worst fans will spout the same nonsense by sitting back, ignoring problems and switching off the telly after yet another shambolic performance. It's not that easy for some of us. 

I've largely kept a lid on it so far but Friday was a turning point for me and thousands of others. I'm angry but not entitled. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, teblin said:

All these threads remind me of April 2013 when we lost 2-0 at Barnsley and people were booing NP team off the pitch.

And that was during a period of truly awful football. We should have lost 6-0 that day. Pearson did tremendous jobs here but we served up several absolutely dire runs of form and performances.

Every manager I've known has. We do bad runs spectacularly well.

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly how I see it. Our fans have to be the most apathetic bunch of happy’s around.

Wouldn't have happened in the 80’s this 

The average attendances in the 80s was around the 10000 mark. Even down to 7000 at one stage. Plus there was no internet, social media or any outlet for fan based expressions. So your point is ...erm pointless.

7 hours ago, teblin said:

Was thinking the same - quick search uncovered this post, remarkably similar 🤣 - would be great if the next 10 years resembled what happened after this! 

“Given how we played today and to be honest for most of the last 10 games or so, id say it was impossible now, simly not good enough end of story, couldn't care less if pearson stays or goes, but obviously he can't teach the players how to beat the 1st man from free kicks or corners”

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I had a debate with a Bristol fan post match about that.

‘Who do you think you are?’ 

It makes me laugh when I hear fans of other clubs say this. These clubs fans moan about their own crap situation and think you're some sort of psychopath for not wanting your own club to follow them.

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Understand what you are saying but you achieve exactly the same thing as those so called unentitled (aka happy clappers) you just give yourself the hump whilst being entitled .

(might as well use these words as it saves redefining in every other post)

But it’s  not like raging does anything is it? I know people like to pretend it does, but Top et al won’t care about this discontent, as their pay masters are now Sky not the fans. So evens staging a protest will do bugger all, as they just won’t show it, it’s not like with a ‘big’ club where Sky need to show the games for subscribers.  :(

Maybe you feel it does do something and maybe it does, all this silent raging, and if it does then that’s helpful in a cathartic way I guess.

I think at this club presently that is the case. I don't think the fans have it in them to force any meaningful change en masse because I don't think the majority are of the same view. I fully appreciate that I'm a minority amongst our fans - not on here perhaps, but the wider fanbase I'd say so.