Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Accounts 22/23

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

EFL would go to town on us. 

The most it would be is 15 I would say. 

It is a full re work job if we don't go up. The whole lot will be for sale and we would just have to rely on the ones left and youth. 

It's a 5-10 year project. 

If we do go up likely to be ten points. Some will have to be sold, some released. 

We would need to loan players and hope we some how survive. 

Interesting few years ahead....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

That's the thing. Brighton are the new poster boy club, just like we were for many years. Look behind the curtain though and at the finer details, and you can see similar patterns emerging. Maybe, they will now adjust their plans due to seeing how we got burned. They will likely have to keep selling their best players, rather than what we tried. Lets hope they don't have stubborn players who run down their contracts too! I expect their Manager to be off this Summer or into next season too. They could continue their success, but it won't last, never does with clubs that size. They just have to hope they don't fall quite as hard as we have. They didn't rise as high though! :P

Brighton are slightly different though, the whole model and idea behind their recruitment is their owner is it not? So that model isn't changing, financially I can't see them ever ****ing themselves over with signing players like we have, agree there's then other factors that could affect performance, such as an unfortunate record with injuries to key players possibly leading to trouble.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

How do you make sure you get good players, case in point Daka. Highly rated 

For every Daka there is a Sourmare. Average stats never the right fit. 

We have to go back to basics or time to start nicking youth players like the big boys.do. 

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Brighton are slightly different though, the whole model and idea behind their recruitment is their owner is it not? So that model isn't changing, financially I can't see them ever ****ing themselves over with signing players like we have, agree there's then other factors that could affect performance, such as an unfortunate record with injuries to key players possibly leading to trouble.

Think they will be ok for a while they keep hoovering up wonderkids they don’t even hide it 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Slow growth along with extending stadium, increase revenue streams as much as possible. 
The squad has been bloated for years with a lot of dead wood, these billionaires are meant to employ the best people available, financial forecasts etc even the spending this year on the back of these accounts is crazy. Was Cody needed? Mads been good but could Iversen done a job for a season. Keeping Nacho? Harry Souttar sitting on arse for a year 

But this is for last year on the back of European seasons, questionable if the squad was needed, or the club could argue it was for an attempt to compete.

Is expanding the stadium going to do much if we cant fill it? If we aren't competing which FFP won't allow us to, our current stadium is big enough. The club had an ambitious costed plan for expansion of the stadium and associated facilities but it can't happen overnight. 

There's a fine balance between showing ambition and not, some of our transfer business has been questionable since we won the league but if the club hadn't shown ambition the fans would complain.

I have the feeling as Newcastle are proving FFP is dumb and unworkable. 

As it stands the big clubs can buy the best players, poach the best youth,  have the most revenue that just grows each year, its broken. 

There has been dome mismanagement at the club and some heads should role but it's such a fine line and a few errors away from being in a bad position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

For every Daka there is a Sourmare. Average stats never the right fit. 

We have to go back to basics or time to start nicking youth players like the big boys.do. 

You just said we haven’t tried to get good players? We have signed dross.

my point was you don’t just spend 200m and get good players 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

but they are £499m in debt as of August 2023, 4th highest in the Premier League last season according to some figures. 

They may have a good model, but like with most clubs, there always seems to be more going on behind the curtain, which is often only really known when a wheel or two falls off on the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

But this is for last year on the back of European seasons, questionable if the squad was needed, or the club could argue it was for an attempt to compete.

Is expanding the stadium going to do much if we cant fill it? If we aren't competing which FFP won't allow us to, our current stadium is big enough. The club had an ambitious costed plan for expansion of the stadium and associated facilities but it can't happen overnight. 

There's a fine balance between showing ambition and not, some of our transfer business has been questionable since we won the league but if the club hadn't shown ambition the fans would complain.

I have the feeling as Newcastle are proving FFP is dumb and unworkable. 

As it stands the big clubs can buy the best players, poach the best youth,  have the most revenue that just grows each year, its broken. 

There has been dome mismanagement at the club and some heads should role but it's such a fine line and a few errors away from being in a bad position.

I’m saying with what we are experiencing now, it’s coming again next year with more stringent term imposed. The club knew this 12 months ago but still bought all the additional players for this season lots of high paid players sitting around. When financially you are in meltdown 

Edited by HankMarvin

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Obe of the issues a club are size can't be letting 100m + worth of players walking away for free for a start....

Tielemans 40m 

Soyuncu 18m

Perez 30m 

Benkovic 12m 

Mendy 13m 

We are about to add 

Praet 18m

Nacho 25m 

Ndidi 15m 

Total mismanagement.

Missed ward 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

but they are £499m in debt as of August 2023, 4th highest in the Premier League last season according to some figures. 

They may have a good model, but like with most clubs, there always seems to be more going on behind the curtain, which is often only really known when a wheel or two falls off on the pitch. 

Which is why I'm specifically talking about ins and outs, don't see them ever struggling to move players on. They're signing kids for low fees and low wages, these lads from South America aren't kicking around at Brighton for an extra 2 years running down their deals if a bigger club comes in.

Missed ward 

Still got another year, he’ll be starting again next season. Just playing centre mid! 

• Haha 1

Missed ward 

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I’m saying with what we are experiencing now, it’s coming again next year with more stringent term imposed. The club knew this 12 months ago but still bought all the additional players for this season lots of high paid players sitting around. When financially you are in meltdown 

No meltdown. Meltdown is when you run out of money and there’s no danger of that.

11 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

If we don't get promoted, we will have to try and sell KDH, Winks. Ricardo, Daka, Praet and Coady to try not to breach 23/24. Vestegaard, Vardy, Nacho and Ndidi leave on a free, we'd have no Doyle, Akgun or Abdul. We'd have a transfer embargo and have to play academy players, what kind of restructure are you thinking, we don't get up this season, we're likely fighting relegation to league 1 next season.

With an embargo we’ll still be able to loan players and take free agents to ensure we have a 1st team squad of 24. We could sign Sensi for example as he would be a free agent. We can also re-sign players whose contracts are running out as long as the squad number of established players doesn’t rise above 24. The U21’s and specifically ballers like Alves, Braybrooke and Booth are too young to be classed as established players so aren’t part of that 24. The only one from the development squad that could be is Raikhy as he’s older than 21 but though he has played in competitive games for clubs at Championship level (LCFC) or higher (Villa) I don’t think he’s started the 5 games that would lock him in as an established player and I doubt we’ll see him start any more games this season. 

9 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It is definitely next year, probably for 3 years in reality. So I suppose the question is, if the points deduction is limited do we just say **** it and spend what we need and hope we accumulate 9 points or whatever? 

The rules need to change, its not sustainable. They are effectively make any non big six club that makes a mistake insolvent and unselable. If the owner pack up, Leicester city cease to exist in any form, unless some has a magic wand? Who is sinking 300 million+ I to something unlikely to make any return in 5 to 10 years...noone! Our fans are deluded!

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how much money we need to bring in for player sales this Summer? 

Are we looking at a complete fire sale of any player worth over £10million, and relying on youth and loans for next season regardless of the league? 

Or is next season already a write off in terms of filling the black hole and we will just take another points deduction at some point?

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It is definitely next year, probably for 3 years in reality. So I suppose the question is, if the points deduction is limited do we just say **** it and spend what we need and hope we accumulate 9 points or whatever? 

The rules need to change, it’s not sustainable. They are effectively make any non big six club that makes a mistake insolvent and unselable. If tge owner pack up, Leicester city cease to exist in any form, unless some has a magic wand? Who is sinking 300 million I to something unlikely to make any return in 5 to 10 years...noone! Our fans are deluded!

I think there will be something in place to stop teams repeatedly exploiting it, ie second offence treated with more severity.

Spectacular hypocrisy on here from people who appear to lack much understanding of business. Football isn’t a business in the normal sense-it’s a plaything for the super rich and Top is extremely rich.

To be ambitious in football you have to make a huge investment with no guarantee of an immediate return. It’s a long run plan and guess what, it needs to be judged over the long term ie not 2-3 seasons.

People who say it’s total mismanagement are totally misunderstanding what is happening.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

FFP and PSR are a sack of shit it needs scrapping. I hope a good lawyer ****s it over, its footballs only hope. Continue on this path and a dying game complete dies. 

Problem is they’ll use one of their own loop holes to fvck us. It’s like that manager who makes it seem there listening but then makes your life hell for the rest of your time for challenging them. 

36 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Tomorrow I’m going to find some of my old posts and feel slightly smug for some scant consolation.

None of the wretched c unts will resign, it’s like it just somehow transpired, the house of cards fell around them, like they didn’t have any agency, none of them sanctioned this spending or signed the contracts.

SMEs can’t run like this but a £200m business can. They should be lined up and f ucking shot.

Would pay another season ticket fee to watch this.

• Haha 1