Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Accounts 22/23

2 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

We have to hope we can get promoted and then perform a massive reset of the group structure built around our youth team.  Bank the broadcasting revenues and most likely rebuild stronger following relegation into the Championship.

The cancern is if we stay in the EFL we have an embargo, points deduction and lower loss threshold under P&S rules.

Can't see Enzo staying.  We will need the likes of a McKenna who is prepared to stay for the long haul and build us back

I can't see him staying either. The restrictions the club will be under will make his style of play impossible. It's probably going to be batten down the hatches, keep the ball out of the net and hope for set pieces.

11 minutes ago, gazzaa2 said:

Which is exactly what these rules were supposed to be brought in to prevent.

Nobody took the PL seriously though until the Everton deduction. Although Top must have done to not spend in 2022 which looks even more foolish now as we may as well have spent, stayed up and took the hit like Everton did.

We are a car wreck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

So if we had finished 8th last season (hardly that unreasonable an expectation given previous finishes) and not sacked Brendan Rodgers we wouldn't have broken PSR

We would have still breached - the merit award loss was around £30m (from what 8th would have delivered) - our losses are being classed by likes of Kieran Maguire as unprecedented.

Edited by JimmyC74

12 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

We have to hope we can get promoted and then perform a massive reset of the playing squad built around our youth team Braybrooke, Alves, Nelson etc.  Bank the broadcasting revenues and most likely rebuild stronger following relegation into the Championship.

You know what, if i was in the youth team (or I was a guardian of someone in that youth team) I would be saying 'f4ck that', im going somewhere i can actually succeed. Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson (and others teetering on the edge of the first team) have 1 shot at their careers, and ruining it, playing for a club who can't get basic financial management right so they have to play with points deductions and a club that can't even recruit reinforcements. Why would you do it to yourself? You would be chomping at the bit to get out somehow rather than have to deal with that crap next year.

The concern is if we stay in the EFL we have an embargo, points deduction and lower loss threshold under P&S rules.

It's not a concern - it's the stark reality.

Can't see Enzo staying.  We will need a McKenna style manager who is prepared to stay for the long haul and build us back

McKenna could actually recruit players that fit their objectives, so its not actually a great comparison. Now this is out there, are you going to be able to get another up and coming manager? Enzo (or whoever we end up with) is going to have to navigate the sinking ship with players scrabbling to get out, and a squad they can't recruit for. No style or philosophy (Enzo's or a Dyche/Warnock style nutter) is going to suceed with that. Enzo could probably be the only employee of the club who could come out of next season with some credit.

Edited by Chelmofox

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

You know what, if i was in the youth team (or I was a guardian of someone in that youth team) I would be saying 'f4ck that', im going somewhere i can actually succeed. Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson (and others teetering on the edge of the first team) have 1 shot at their careers, and ruining it, playing for a club who can't get basic financial management right so they have to play with points deductions and a club that can't even recruit reinforcements. Why would you do it to yourself? You would be chomping at the bit to get out somehow rather than have to deal with that crap next year.

It's not a concern - it's the stark reality.

McKenna could actually recruit players that fit their objectives, so its not actually a great comparison. Now this is out there, are you going to be able to get another up and coming manager? Enzo (or whoever we end up with) is going to have to navigate the sinking ship with players scrabbling to get out, and a squad they can't recruit for. No style or philosophy (Enzo's or a Dyche/Warnock style nutter) is going to suceed with that. Enzo could probably be the only employee of the club who could come out of next season with some credit.

Its bleak I know, but our only strategy is to curtail expenditure massively, sell assets and rebuild over the long-term.

If promoted the EPL will be a shop window for the youngsters / and they will know they will get game time  if we have sold off the established names and could get a move to a "Bigger" team if they do well.

Edited by JimmyC74

If Billionaire Top is sticking around and we do fight this with a small level of success, similar to how Everton have and maybe Forest will, i.e less harsh deduction, then why are we going to be the Leeds of the 90s? 

Surely, we take the point deductions, get our finances back in check (may take some time, especially if don't go up), but then start the rebuild with Billionaire backing and still a very attractive club for many young and talented players to come to whether in the Premier League or Championship. Not saying we will ever be a force in the Premier League again, but we can surely compete with a dozen or so other clubs fighting to get there and stay up.

In the meantime, seems like FFP may get a big shake up and may even loosen the restrictions on owners, as the Premier League will suffer financially if it continues to stifle Billionaire owners (rightly OR [mostly] wrongly!) 

Just not seeing the Leeds implosion of the 90s comparison OR am I missing a lot of the finer, scary details? 

• Like 1

Let's be honest most of us got swept up by the FA Cup win, and probably thought it was right at the time to keep our players and push on.  Although none of us could foresee the drop off by the current squad and the sh*t we bought in the 21/22 season.  I could imagine the furor if the club had sold our so-called crown jewels that season, who'd want to be a football club owner?  But I still can't understand why those in charge were so blind.  Most of us on here could see the drop-off, and the team was only going one way and Rodgers needed to go at the start of the 22/23 season.  Since then we've been a laughing stock and have gone from 'How to run a football club'  to 'How not to run a football club' in less than 2 years.

• Like 3

We aren't getting double figures or anything close to it when there's only a 9 point penalty for Insolvency

My own view is that this de facto limit has been put in place so clubs like Chelsea, Villa and Man City, who have been far more financially reckless, get away with a slap on the wrist when the PL can no longer kick the can down the road.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

So, in short. We're getting fined aren't we? 

Fined for not having any money. As stupid as being charged for going into your overdraft or having to pay to go bankrupt.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If Billionaire Top is sticking around and we do fight this with a small level of success, similar to how Everton have and maybe Forest will, i.e less harsh deduction, then why are we going to be the Leeds of the 90s? 

Surely, we take the point deductions, get our finances back in check (may take some time, especially if don't go up), but then start the rebuild with Billionaire backing and still a very attractive club for many young and talented players to come to whether in the Premier League or Championship. Not saying we will ever be a force in the Premier League again, but we can surely compete with a dozen or so other clubs fighting to get there and stay up.

In the meantime, seems like FFP may get a big shake up and may even loosen the restrictions on owners, as the Premier League will suffer financially if it continues to stifle Billionaire owners (rightly OR [mostly] wrongly!) 

Just not seeing the Leeds implosion of the 90s comparison OR am I missing a lot of the finer, scary details? 

Our annual losses for last season were nearly as much as the 3 year rolling allowable losses that will be imposed on next years accounts. If we don’t get promoted and face the future fines/points deduction with income that is declining (parachute payments) year on year the club will have no choice but to function at a fraction of what it has been doing regardless if Top has money to spend 

• Like 1

Just now, Ashley said:

So, in short. We're getting fined aren't we? 

Next season. 

I think we either get promoted and come straight back down again due to starting on minus points and having to sell players

OR

We miss out on promotion, take a points deduction for next season, have to sell players and likely struggle to get anywhere near promotion

Long-term impact could be bad, but I think we will be stuck in the Championship for the next few years whilst we try to get everything back in order. 

I don't see it being worse than that, but seems like a lot of people think we will be the Leeds of the 90s in how far we fall and struggle to recover

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

Fined for not having any money. As stupid as being charged for going into your overdraft or having to pay to go bankrupt.

We have money, we just cannot spend it due to PSR, but the helpful football authorities have found a way to help us spend loads of it.

• Like 3