Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Accounts 22/23

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

But moving forward it’s going to be hard to fall in line with PSR in the coming years because we will only be allowed losses of 87m if we do get promoted for the next 3  financial years 

Not really because PSR will probably be scrapped in the summer and replaced with a single-year squad cost-to-revenue system.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Our annual losses for last season were nearly as much as the 3 year rolling allowable losses that will be imposed on next years accounts. If we don’t get promoted and face the future fines/points deduction with income that is declining (parachute payments) year on year the club will have no choice but to function at a fraction of what it has been doing regardless if Top has money to spend 

I get that, but in terms of going bust. I imagine it still helps having a Billionaire Owner who's biggest crime has been to overspend. 

I am seeing us a Championship club for the foreseeable future now as even if we do go up, I imagine it will be very likely we will come straight back down.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Next season. 

I think we either get promoted and come straight back down again due to starting on minus points and having to sell players

OR

We miss out on promotion, take a points deduction for next season, have to sell players and likely struggle to get anywhere near promotion

Long-term impact could be bad, but I think we will be stuck in the Championship for the next few years whilst we try to get everything back in order. 

I don't see it being worse than that, but seems like a lot of people think we will be the Leeds of the 90s in how far we fall and struggle to recover

I think a best case scenario would be going up and then there being other clubs starting to have this hang over them and we manage to stay up. I know it's a long shot but it's what we should be aiming for to get out the mess. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

Am I the only one hoping we now don't get promotion, we might just survive next season in the championship, we will be lambs to the slaughter in the Premier 

I think you should be 

but I’m not sure you will be 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, katieakita said:

So how much did not getting Champions league by 2 x 5th finishes cost us. You know the years Chelsea and Man City broke ffp

This is where football will end up. Backdated changes to leage positions and then legal proceedings for lost revenue and all matter of other stuff.  The games gone. 

Wait until City have their day in court. That judgement alone could send shockwaves around the whole sport in the UK and ensure every solicitor this side of the moon has work for the next 50 years.

Just now, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

Am I the only one hoping we now don't get promotion, we might just survive next season in the championship, we will be lambs to the slaughter in the Premier 

Yes because it makes little sense, psr will drop more so 2 years in champ, 1 prem 70m losses 

3 seasons 52m 

Let’s not forget Maddison and Barnes were sold below market value due to relegation! Otherwise we would have had at least 10 million more from each sale to spread over the relevant seasons returns.

Thanks. Lee and Brendan for your efforts on that front.

Just now, STUHILL said:

I get that, but in terms of going bust. I imagine it still helps having a Billionaire Owner who's biggest crime has been to overspend. 

I am seeing us a Championship club for the foreseeable future now as even if we do go up, I imagine it will be very likely we will come straight back down.

Depends on the scale of the points deduction and what replaces PSR. If we get a 4 or 5 point deduction and just decide to say '**** it, it's worth the risk' then such a deduction might be survivable. Neither Forest nor Everton are in the relegation zone at present, and it's not as if either is Brazil 1970.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

How reliable is this guy? Are they accounting for wages covered by other teams for our players on loan? Are these wages taking into account the relegation clauses?

It’s our literal accounts… if they’re not accurate then we’re in even bigger trouble lollol 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Not really because PSR will probably be scrapped in the summer and replaced with a single-year squad cost-to-revenue system.

Hope so, with what long term consequences for those that have breached? Certainly more scrutiny 

Edited by HankMarvin

Just now, ramboacdc said:

Wait until City have their day in court. That judgement alone could send shockwaves around the whole sport in the UK and ensure every solicitor this side of the moon has work for the next 50 years.

I doubt it will ever come to that. City will be paying millions in legal fees, that the Premier League can't and won't want to compete with. They will delay it for years or come up with a settlement that looks strong on paper but actually barely impacts Man City.

Rules will be changed to shield the Big 6 and City will receive a fine that seems a lot but they can cover easily and probably a points deduction that barely stops them making 4th spot for 1 season. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think you should be 

but I’m not sure you will be 

Agreed 83m allowable losses over 3 yrs in the EPL so we likely get whacked again if we don't get promoted. On top of embargo and points deduction.  We need to be promoted. 

Can’t remember many on here crying out for no new signings or to sell our best players. The trouble is the new signings were not good enough and have no sell on fee. Running a prem club trying to compete with clubs 3x your income is nigh on impossible. Big mistakes made in hindsight, but saying Top should go are pathetic. It’s a football club not a ftse company, logic goes out the window.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Depends on the scale of the points deduction and what replaces PSR. If we get a 4 or 5 point deduction and just decide to say '**** it, it's worth the risk' then such a deduction might be survivable. Neither Forest nor Everton are in the relegation zone at present, and it's not as if either is Brazil 1970.

Will we not have to sell a number of our better players (not many!) to cover upcoming losses? Then, be restricted on this Summer's spend also?

I think we will get 9 points deduction but maybe our legal battle will do enough to reduce that to 6.

All guess work though

6 minutes ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

I think we absolutely need to get promoted for 2 reasons:

#1 - We are getting a points deduction regardless of which league we are in. We will also have to sell many of our key assets. We are better off getting relegated next year from the premier league than getting relegated from the championship.

#2 - We will still make more revenue as a premier league club, finishing dead last, than we will as a mid to low table championship team. We need money to ensure we are in a better position come trying to get out of the championship in 2025-2026. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If I understand this correctly we are not only in huge trouble this year but for at least another 2 years after this one, even with promotion I can’t see us not breaching again in each of the next two years given it’s calculated on the three year rolling basis. If we stay down (ok we can contest 2 years on the fact we were a PL team at the time) but our losses in the last year alone are 3 times what the efl allows over a three year period! We simply won’t be able to trade our way out of this. 

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Have you read how FSR works? A brief read suggests it’s based on revenue and uefa will be reducing it to 70 percent by 24-25, that doesn’t sound that great for a club with 30k attendance 

3 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

This is where football will end up. Backdated changes to leage positions and then legal proceedings for lost revenue and all matter of other stuff.  The games gone. 

To me, this is why there are limits being placed on deductions. If Everton got 10 and it had been upheld, we could end up with 20. If ours was upheld, Chelsea could get 30 and Manchester City could get 40. Once that happens, clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United start asking where that leaves their titles and league positions. They start suing each other and the league. Would they have titles and trophies stripped? If so, what about the teams that finished fifth and had to compete in the Europa League instead of the Champions League with the associated lower income. Think Calciopoli on steroids.

It would turn the league into a total farce, legal challenges would mean a collapse in its integrity as a competition, owners would no longer bother investing, players would leave and none would come in. That's why the independent panel has tried to hold the punishments back - they gave Everton four points back and halved the proposed deduction for Forest. They're trying to ensure that, when some of the really big names do get a punishment, it'll be a slap on the wrist that won't completely destroy the richest league in the world.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

I certainly hope so, the club's only chance to survive this is the £100m+ TV rights we'll get if go up, without it we're beyond fked, at least then we'll get relegated but can rebuild the season after. If we do not go up this season this could take us back to league one.