Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Accounts 22/23

11 minutes ago, Parker Pen said:

Let’s not forget Maddison and Barnes were sold below market value due to relegation! Otherwise we would have had at least 10 million more from each sale to spread over the relevant seasons returns.

Thanks. Lee and Brendan for your efforts on that front.

BBC implied madders on these accounts 

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Will we not have to sell a number of our better players (not many!) to cover upcoming losses? Then, be restricted on this Summer's spend also?

I think we will get 9 points deduction but maybe our legal battle will do enough to reduce that to 6.

All guess work though

We won't get 9 as that's already been decided to be disproportionate twice with it being the penalty for becoming insolvent. The PL will want 8 and get knocked down to 6. It's less the transfer fees than the wages that appear to be the issue, so expect senior players signed at our peak to leave. That'll be players like Vardy, Albrighton, Vestegaard, Ndidi et al.

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Have you read how FSR works? A brief read suggests it’s based on revenue and uefa will be reducing it to 70 percent by 24-25, that doesn’t sound that great for a club with 30k attendance 

PL are looking at introducing their own version with an 85% squad-cost-to-turnover ratio.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13092774/premier-leagues-profit-and-sustainability-rules-to-be-replaced-as-early-as-this-summer

The Premier League has been looking at a model enabling clubs to spend up to 85 per cent of revenue on squad cost, with a sliding scale of penalties in place where clubs exceed that ratio.

• Like 1

I do think the rules are wrong… we invested because we got into Europe for 3 seasons. The next season we’re not… should we then be forced to sell our best players? Its currently all geared so the "top clubs" benefit

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Highest wage bill outside the top 6 lollol

Absolute idiots. 

We were top 5 for two years, playing in Europe and won the FA Cup. We were attempting to join the big boys, what level do you expect our spending to be at?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

PL are looking at introducing their own version with an 85% squad-cost-to-turnover ratio.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13092774/premier-leagues-profit-and-sustainability-rules-to-be-replaced-as-early-as-this-summer

The Premier League has been looking at a model enabling clubs to spend up to 85 per cent of revenue on squad cost, with a sliding scale of penalties in place where clubs exceed that ratio.

Think it’s based on revenue 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

I worry about it the other way round …. I.e our idiots in charge haven’t included relegation clauses in the player’s contracts because it was incomprehensible it would ever happen!!! It’s more likely that way round than sneaking it into players contracts in my opinion.

Won’t the relegation clauses show in this seasons accounts not the ones for last year before we’d actually been relegated?

Wow I am absolutely stunned at the levels of utter incompetence, if Rodgers lost his job for what was gross negligence for what went on on the pitch then surely Rudkin and Whelan cannot survive this. Utterly utterly appalling and whatever happens this season, we will not competitive for a number of years to come. 

people are saying fans would be kicking off we didn’t make signings or had a fire sale last summer or January but the truth is none of us truly understood the position we were in, whilst I love to see us competing, it would never be to the detriment of the football club’s existence. This is worse than the Peter Taylor days. Very worrying times, I sincerely hope this is a wake up call to the owners and at the very least they go out and employ experienced football operators to sort out the sorry mess of our off field football and commercial operations. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

Who could have thought that was Rodgers did would seem like small potatoes so quickly, what a colossal cock up.

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

I do think the rules are wrong… we invested because we got into Europe for 3 seasons. The next season we’re not… should we then be forced to sell our best players? Its currently all geared so the "top clubs" benefit

I think Simon Jordan said recently that the PL should not be stifling investment in clubs, and if Billionaires want to spend, they should BUT every penny they spend should be backed with the same amount in an account that is there to bail the club out if ever needed. No risk should be placed on the club itself. 

The initial motivation of FFP was to reduce the risk of clubs going bankrupt, but has actually been used to prevent clubs like Leicester with money to spend, from actually spending it, and stop them challenging the Big 6. 

Rules need to change, but I imagine that won't happen for many years and we will be one of the worst hit by FFP before it ever gets closed to changing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We were top 5 for two years, playing in Europe and won the FA Cup. We were attempting to join the big boys, what level do you expect our spending to be at?

To be fair the club got criticised heavily when we only signed Ryan Bennett that year. If they'd been pragmatic they'd have been called unambitious. Obviously now we know that they should've been even more pragmatic. If we'd have cut our losses then we probably wouldn't have finished 5th twice, but we also would still probably be an EPL club. I don't think it's as simple as people make out.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

To be fair the club got criticised heavily when we only signed Ryan Bennett that year. If they'd been pragmatic they'd have been called unambitious. Obviously now we know that they should've been even more pragmatic. If we'd have cut our losses then we probably wouldn't have finished 5th twice, but we also would still probably be an EPL club. I don't think it's as simple as people make out.

A bad Managerial appointment, a handful of expensive player flops and some key injuries at the wrong time - the wheels can truly come off in spectacular fashion. 

I suspect many Premier League clubs are on the edge of repeating our failures. Ambition seems to come at a high price in the PL. 

Not to dismiss the sheer incompetence of our board, but surely the PL should look at these restrictions again. There should be protection against clubs bankrupting themselves, but that should not come at the cost of restricting investment and ambition. Simply, if an owner has the money, let them spend it and allow a club to become a bigger club! All the effort and attention by the PL, should be directed at the incoming owners and making them 100% accountable for the future of the club, by depositing a safety net fund, and increasing that for every penny more they want to invest. 

• Like 1