Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ElusiveEd

How Would You Want This To End?

In an ideal world we win the title with Ipswich coming up with us .. but to be honest as long as we go up in the top 2 i don't care how we do it.. although avoiding last day drama would be ideal. Couldn't handle the playoffs myself.

Oh, and the premier league letting us off the hook would be a bonus.. don't fancy a minus 10 point start

6 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

What's people's thoughts on how this season should end?

Win a game that guarantees second place and obviously promotion (celebrations) then go into the last game to play for the title (2 celebrations) or to win just one game that clinches the title (massive celebrations).

Maybe even to have clinched the title by the last game and have that party atmosphere on the last day?

For me, I think I'd want to have secured promotion then play, and obviously win, on the last day to win the Championship. Purely for the scenes and excitement.

Just get it won early, cant take anymore bad runs, let's hope Leeds and Ipswich drop more points, so we can secure promotion before the last match, let's just win em all to be safe!

Any scenario that seals automatic promotion please. I don't care how or why. 

Also for someone to root round the back of the sofa and find out they left their £500m cash there and all our financial issues are sorted. 

6 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

What's people's thoughts on how this season should end?

Win a game that guarantees second place and obviously promotion (celebrations) then go into the last game to play for the title (2 celebrations) or to win just one game that clinches the title (massive celebrations).

Maybe even to have clinched the title by the last game and have that party atmosphere on the last day?

For me, I think I'd want to have secured promotion then play, and obviously win, on the last day to win the Championship. Purely for the scenes and excitement.

Before the last game of the season, already up and with Rudkin Tarred and Feathered at half time in the Centre Circle.  A Carlsberg day. 

• Haha 1

Obviously we all want to win the league, but are there seriously people who'd like it to happen on the last day?  Because they must be wired differently to me!!  I would just like us to win every game from now on, and Leeds/Ipswich to lose enough of theirs for us to secure promotion asap.  I don't want the last game of the season spoiled by uncertainty.

• Like 1

Why would some folk want to prolong the agony?

Just get promoted ASAP.

Weve had enough drama and will have enough next season if we get promoted.

Additionally would love Leeds to capitulate, with Ipswich  joining us in 2nd!

Southampton  beating Leeds in the Play off final 6-2

Last day of the season Leicester just need a point to secure the title, Leicester beat Blackburn 4-2. Ipswich sneak into second while Leeds are forced into the play offs.

Small Heath and Millwall relegated on the same day.

Win the league, win in the courts,  see Forest relegated with Luton pipping them to stay up, see Cov in the play off final only to slip up, Putin fall out of a high rise window.

17 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Win the league, win in the courts,  see Forest relegated with Luton pipping them to stay up, see Cov in the play off final only to slip up, Putin fall out of a high rise window.

you dont want much then :appl:good on yer ithuriel and dreams can come true. utc:ricardo:

Promotion this season would be a disaster. This team with nothing to spend in the Summer and a need to sell to raise some money to offset against losses accrued would be cannon fodder week in and week out in the EPL. Starting with a points deduction Derby County's low point record season would not stand another year.

I'd rather the team get to the play off final and lose, that'd rake in a bit more money. This side have a hope of staying up in the Championship next season, even with a points deduction that they do not have in the EPL. Get rid of all the high wage players like Vardy and Ndidi and even injury troubled Ricardo. It is only by rebuilding with players on £10k to £40k a week that the club has any chance of a stabilising the finances. That is where we were at in 2014.

Leicester City is the latest club to fall into the chasing the dream and coming a financial cropper. Blackburn spent big won the title and got burned, Bolton spent big won nothing and got severely burned, Leeds spent big won nothing and got burned and we spent big after winning the title and are presently burning. That is the only difference, our fall being after the fact but the result will be the same. Years in the wilderness, I'd guess that will be at least another 10 years.

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

Anyone suggesting anything other than promotion didn't live through the Adams/Levein/Megson/Burrows era. 

We need promotion.

And for those unaware those four managers didn't manage for four seasons. It was ****ing dreadful.

And Mark my words. We're on the cusp of it again. 

A team paid too much with a manager not quite capable. An attitude that we should be doing better. A squad on the out. Financial troubles. 

It's so familiar for supporters of 'an age'.

The last time we took a restart or reset it cost us a decade. We do not need to stay down. It will be brutal if we do.