Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Quorndon_Fox

Blackburn Game Sold Out

I'm not sure how everyone has jumped on that there will be loads of tourists and glory fans because it's sold out higher up the priority list. You literally have to have more points to have bought them so far, and having more points usually means you've been to more games, so in reality surely that means they've actually been bought by people that do frequently go to games, no?

Also, the last home game of the season always sells out early doors, more so when there's potentially a trophy lift or promotion to celebrate.

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

There'll be a lot of folk that haven't been much at all this season but fancied the last game. Sadly 

You'l only have one if you've bothered to becomes a member, whose place do you think they are taking? It's done on priority points.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bert said:

It is really annoying.

Especially when you consider every game bar Coventry has gone to STH guests. Yeah, they’re entitled to buy them as they’ve accrued the points but it’s just frustrating when you consider that many of them won’t have been a large bulk of the games. 

Hopefully Blackburn don’t take their full allocation and we can get an extra 1000 in. 

Which raises the issue of how far back should you go with the points system.  I know a couple of "fans" on 35 plus points who openly said they won't bother going in the championship as only interested in the premier league.  You can bet your bottom dollar they will be at the Blackburn game though.  My daughter is a relative newcomer but has got the bug now.  12 home games and 4 away this season but can't get to blackburn despite being a regular in the championship and some 35 pointers won't have been.  Stinks a bit.  

If my memory serves right back in the day, for big games like play offs didn't the club ask to see tickets stubs from previous games that season and those that had been to those games that season got priority.  That seems fairer than getting priority for points you accrued years ago and rarely go except for big games.  Just my opinion....I accept there will be things people don't like with any points/priority system.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You'l only have one if you've bothered to becomes a member, whose place do you think they are taking? It's done on priority points.

True dat. If you only became a member this year or so then you miss out. 

Sorry not sorry.

13 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

You literally have to have more points to have bought them so far, and having more points usually means you've been to more games

I think this is the point people are making - people are buying tickets and selling them on anyway, so the buyer gets the points despite not going. 

8 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I'm not sure how everyone has jumped on that there will be loads of tourists and glory fans because it's sold out higher up the priority list. You literally have to have more points to have bought them so far, and having more points usually means you've been to more games, so in reality surely that means they've actually been bought by people that do frequently go to games, no?

Also, the last home game of the season always sells out early doors, more so when there's potentially a trophy lift or promotion to celebrate.

Last game so people book early. We lumped on as soon as available to us but there were definitely less seats available that usual. 

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Last game so people book early. We lumped on as soon as available to us but there were definitely less seats available that usual. 

Exactly.

There's a core number of members who don't go to every game but spread over a season the number who attend will average out over each game. For a game like this that pretty much all of the members want to go to there will be higher demand simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

This.

Got my 15 year old daughter loads of tickets this season and shes accumulated about 25 points.

Waited for the day i could get her a ticket  in the area i always could get one and yep- all gone!

Will be full of day trippers with their flasks and filbert the foxes spending more time on instra/tikkytok than watching the game.

just what we need when we will more than likely need an atmosphere to get our players going to get the points we need.

She lost out to a member with more priority points than her, which means presumably they've been to more games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think this is the point people are making - people are buying tickets and selling them on anyway, so the buyer gets the points despite not going. 

If you see anyone selling one on let me know lol

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's not like premier league away games, where it was sold out each week. Members have been able to buy tickets for pretty much every single game. I doubt there are many people buying memberships and then reselling tickets, to people who could just keep a membership and do it themselves. If people have relied on ST holders buying them tickets, then they've run the risk of exactly this happening, knowingly. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Haha these tickets have not sold out to platinum members with 75 points or whatever the criteria is, they have been reserved for commercial purposes. The club aren't gonna put £43.45 tickets on sale to John , Glenda and their son Otis who make it to 10 or 11 home games a season paying their £80 a year membership fee, they will be kept aside for the big money partners of the club. 

We are potentially becoming champions here, of course the hospitality potential is massive. 

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha these tickets have not sold out to platinum members with 75 points or whatever the criteria is, they have been reserved for commercial purposes. The club aren't gonna put £43.45 tickets on sale to John , Glenda and their son Otis who make it to 10 or 11 home games a season paying their £80 a year membership fee, they will be kept aside for the big money partners of the club. 

We are potentially becoming champions here, of course the hospitality potential is massive. 

Otis?

:nigel:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

If you were a member with 15 points, you could get a ticket, which would mean a grand total of 7 games each season over the last two seasons being needed. The tickets available when they first went on sale didn't look that drastically different to what they normally do, considering the obvious increased demand. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If you were a member with 15 points, you could get a ticket, which would mean a grand total of 7 games each season over the last two seasons being needed. The tickets available when they first went on sale didn't look that drastically different to what they normally do, considering the obvious increased demand. 

Ahhh ok, thanks. Had no idea. Once again I have fallen into the trap of believing online hyperbole over actual reality!!!

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

There'll be a lot of folk that haven't been much at all this season but fancied the last game. Sadly 

I missed out because I've got 34 points not 35, I was a season ticket holder with 300+ points but the club lost my records, gutted but I can only make 4 or 5 games a season now and, rightly, those who make 15 or 20 should get first dibs.

Edited because 5 games autocorrected to 5 gashes 😂

Edited by Foxmeister

2 hours ago, Raj said:

This.

Got my 15 year old daughter loads of tickets this season and shes accumulated about 25 points.

Waited for the day i could get her a ticket  in the area i always could get one and yep- all gone!

Will be full of day trippers with their flasks and filbert the foxes spending more time on instra/tikkytok than watching the game.

just what we need when we will more than likely need an atmosphere to get our players going to get the points we need.

how are they day trippers with flasks and filbert foxes? theyve got more points than your daughter to be able to buy a ticket in the relevant window? not sure on the point you're trying to make?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

how do you know? it may be John, Bev and Otis used there one and only family day out token for this game. a lot of hyperbole in this chat

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I would imagine the stadium will be half empty for any trophy presentation as people will surely need to get off early?

I'm going to make a really mad prediction here - if we've lost out on automatic promotion by that point and are facing the playoffs, the family emergencies, urgent appointments and life-threatening risk of sitting in traffic for 10 minutes will force 10000 of our fans out on 85 minutes as normal. However if we're on course to finish in the top 2 all those things will mysteriously disappear and suddenly won't be a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adam said:

Blackburn should not be getting the full allocation for this. Just give them 2k.

Could be a massive game.

Could be a massive game for Blackburn as well. Heading for the trapdoor after getting done 5 nil last night.

51 minutes ago, Babylon said:

3 games would do it, you get 10pts for renewing your membership.

• Like 1