Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Quorndon_Fox

Blackburn Game Sold Out

35 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

how do you know? it may be John, Bev and Otis used there one and only family day out token for this game. a lot of hyperbole in this chat

Bev and John would be too old to have a son called Otis, his name would almost certainly be Josh.

2 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Not surprised really don't forget Top's mates from Thailand will probably need about 1000 tickets. Remember 2016 when everyman and his dog managed to get on the parade around the pitch with the trophy.

yeah that part of that day dint sit right with me , in fact i dont give a flying f**k about waving to their mates n family i just wana go to see our team on last day and if we go up a pitch invasion ( friendly celebratory one) from the youths who have got behind the lads all season , dogs optional beagles and labs be nice:celebrate: 

2 hours ago, Gravel said:

True dat. If you only became a member this year or so then you miss out. 

Sorry not sorry.

Kind of fair yep, unfortunately though not everyone is in that same boat. My lad is on 14. But he’s only just turned 5 years old so realistically this year was the earliest he’s been able to go regularly. He’s missed out on the night games because of school but otherwise will have been most and potentially had to miss out. Luckily for him, he’s now got a ticket but I would’ve been gutted for him having to miss out on the final game after he’s been invested in this season. 

As mentioned a few times, the annoying thing is that 21/23 games have gone to STH Guests, you just wonder where these people were throughout the season. 

4 hours ago, Raj said:

This.

Got my 15 year old daughter loads of tickets this season and shes accumulated about 25 points.

Waited for the day i could get her a ticket  in the area i always could get one and yep- all gone!

Will be full of day trippers with their flasks and filbert the foxes spending more time on instra/tikkytok than watching the game.

just what we need when we will more than likely need an atmosphere to get our players going to get the points we need.

I thought flasks and Filbert the Foxes were associated with the much derided older fan, but surely not oldies on Insta/TikTok.

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

how are they day trippers with flasks and filbert foxes? theyve got more points than your daughter to be able to buy a ticket in the relevant window? not sure on the point you're trying to make?

Cant I just be p1ssed off without you and your logic.

Let me post a knee jerk reaction  ffs😁

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha these tickets have not sold out to platinum members with 75 points or whatever the criteria is, they have been reserved for commercial purposes. The club aren't gonna put £43.45 tickets on sale to John , Glenda and their son Otis who make it to 10 or 11 home games a season paying their £80 a year membership fee, they will be kept aside for the big money partners of the club. 

We are potentially becoming champions here, of course the hospitality potential is massive. 

Like someone said above it got down to Members with 15+ points.

However, it would definitely be interesting if the club was transparent with how many tickets they do keep back for hospitality, family and friends of players, staff and the obligatory ticket office staff and their whole families. I used to like it on the site where you could see actual numbers of tickets available then you could see when it first went on sale how many were actually available for sale.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Like someone said above it got down to Members with 15+ points.

However, it would definitely be interesting if the club was transparent with how many tickets they do keep back for hospitality, family and friends of players, staff and the obligatory ticket office staff and their whole families. I used to like it on the site where you could see actual numbers of tickets available then you could see when it first went on sale how many were actually available for sale.

Very true. Other clubs do this. I remember seeing a Man City away European and cup final ticket release statement. It noted how many tickets would be made available to corporate, media, commercial and ex players.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ronnup said:

There'll be a lot of folk that haven't been much at all this season but fancied the last game. Sadly 

What’s wrong with people not being able to go much at all then getting a ticket 🤦‍♂️ not everyone can go every week , personally because of work for me but do you think 🤔 I shouldn’t be allowed to get a ticket to the last game. 

• Like 1

I think Daka will score the goal at Preston that gets us promoted, and we will have thousands of Zambians looking for tickets for this game to worship him, just like the Italian fans who turned up for the 2016 game v Everton to praise Ranieri.😄

12 hours ago, grth2004 said:

What’s wrong with people not being able to go much at all then getting a ticket 🤦‍♂️ not everyone can go every week , personally because of work for me but do you think 🤔 I shouldn’t be allowed to get a ticket to the last game. 

🤔🧐 🤨 

It’s a thinker mate that’s for sure 

Edited by grobyfox1990
Wrong emoji

13 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Very true. Other clubs do this. I remember seeing a Man City away European and cup final ticket release statement. It noted how many tickets would be made available to corporate, media, commercial and ex players.  

Man U do it game by game 

• Like 1

Yes. But only you. 

I'm just frustrated that my son can't get a ticket with me because its his first season and he's only on 14 points. I had plenty. He's massively invested for the first time in his life, but suddenly thousands of people that haven't been going all season popped up for the finish line. 

Edited by ronnup

We're famous for holding loads of tickets back last game of the season for boxes, sponsors, partners and even people who have only sponsored one game.

I got a ticket for QPR in 2015 because my company had been match ball sponsor once the season before! 

You'll be able to tell if they've held too many back as well, it's the section at the bottom of the west stand towards the family stand.

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Yes. But only you. 

I'm just frustrated that my son can't get a ticket with me because its his first season and he's only on 14 points. I had plenty. He's massively invested for the first time in his life, but suddenly thousands of people that haven't been going all season popped up for the finish line. 

How do you know they haven't been going all season? How would they have gotten tickets without the points they would get from going to games?

15 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

How do you know they haven't been going all season? How would they have gotten tickets without the points they would get from going to games?

Beacuse there's been available seats all season 

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Beacuse there's been available seats all season 

Not every single member goes to every single home game.

However, out of all of the members you can guarantee they will all most likely want to go to this last home game of the season / potential promotion celebration. I don't know how people can't get their head around it.

You've been able to get your seat(s) most or all of the season which is great but when every member suddenly wants to go people are just going to sit wherever they can as demand is 10x higher than an average home game in the season.

• Like 2

Reminds me of the everton game and the historic play off and cup final games where people come out the wood work moaning because even though they rarely attend games they feel vilified that they cannot get a ticket for the big games.

• Like 1

The last home game is always popular and sells out, that it has sold out this year shouldn't be a surprise.

The Everton game however was a disgrace.  Not only was almost all of the members availability given to corporates, etc but the club had continued to sell memberships as the season progressed so there wasn't even enough seats for the gold members.  It's been 8 years and, no,  I'm still not over it :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Reminds me of the everton game and the historic play off and cup final games where people come out the wood work moaning because even though they rarely attend games they feel vilified that they cannot get a ticket for the big games.

The Everton game was a disgrace in my view because of the sheer volume that ‘disappeared’. Couple that with a membership scheme that was linked to the money you paid for the membership, rather than a loyalty system. 

This time round, anyone with at least 15 points was able to purchase a ticket. That seems entirely reasonable to me. I get that new members that might have attended 14 games would feel hard done by, but there has to be a cut off somewhere. Those that have only had a membership since last summer does not seem an unreasonable cut off. 

Someone that has had a membership for a minimum of 2 years and has attended a minimum of 5 games in that time has been given the opportunity to purchase a ticket. 

Not everyone can attend every week, so I’d much rather a membership scheme that rewards longevity and average support over someone that buys a membership and can attend every game in a season. If someone keeps attending every game for several seasons they’ll soon find themselves in the top loyalty bracket and even eligible for a season ticket. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I don't think we know yet whether Blackburn will take the full 3300 allocation, so a few more might go on sale.  But best to assume not. 

Blackburn pretty much gave us as many tickets as we wanted up there, so they're certainly "entitled" to 3300.   And at the moment it looks like it could be an important game for them.

Blackburn end holds 7k, they never get anywhere near to splitting the away end. 

They're entitled to a 2k tickets under EFL rules and I was told that's all we'd be given them for the last day of the season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

They're entitled to a 2k tickets under EFL rules and I was told that's all we'd be given them for the last day of the season.

Hope that's true and, if so, the M Block scramble will be carnage.

36 minutes ago, Ashley said:

LCFC are thickos in the main but even they don't give 1300 extra tickets to the away team who hopefully will have nothing to play for surely.

This is something the fan groups could have picked up on to try and make sure as many tickets went to home fans as possible, but communications are basically non existent, may as well send a fax to Rudkin.

• Like 1