Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

What does Enzo need to do before the West Brom next Saturday

look at whos up for it and who aint , show no fear , attack and shoot on sight if its on, make sure everyone knows the refs and linesmen are guna be crap and there's no var in this div as players from us leeds n saints aint come to terms with that imo, tell em leave nothing back just have a go ffs . 4 to go and were nearly there. let club talk about what needs changing on may  5th . as for this forum its great to have a viewpoint even a moan but with 360 mins to go us supporters should encourage now and stop behaving like we have a divine right to be in 1st division. enjoy the run in.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The two things that need to happen immediately are to drop Faes and do away with the inverted full back. 

Look at the goals we've conceded in the last few months, they almost exclusively have come from mistakes from Faes, the RB absolutely nowhere to be seen due to being central (Hamza at Bristol City, Ricardo at Millwall and Plymouth). 

Thirdly, we have to drop Daka for Cannon or change system and play Daka and Cannon up front together. Daka's prolific form at Salzburg and when he did well with us at the start of his time here was largely in a front two.

Three very strong points but unfortunately I don't see Enzo embracing any of them. He really is a one trick pony who struggles to adapt or innovate when a change is needed ...Assuming that we earn promotion I feel he will get eaten alive by the big boys who can change on the fly.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The two things that need to happen immediately are to drop Faes and do away with the inverted full back. 

Look at the goals we've conceded in the last few months, they almost exclusively have come from mistakes from Faes, the RB absolutely nowhere to be seen due to being central (Hamza at Bristol City, Ricardo at Millwall and Plymouth). 

Thirdly, we have to drop Daka for Cannon or change system and play Daka and Cannon up front together. Daka's prolific form at Salzburg and when he did well with us at the start of his time here was largely in a front two.

sad to say agree about wout for saturday and run in ric as i love the lad but coady n vest be my choice. the inverted fb aint worked for 2 month most of time. cannon could work.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes it does feel as though you're having to hammer in jigsaw pieces into the jigsaw - To put someone in to counter the lack of pace and give the team some needed leadership with Coady you have to put in JJ who's recent form has been poor. 

My view is generally you should select quality players because they will come good / perform better over time and I hope over the remaining 4 games. 

To counter Doyle's range of pass would certainly hope find space and put us on the front foot. It's so blummin difficult 

I don't think there is ever going to be a perfect solution, as there are always going to be too many variables.

It doesn't help knowing that the players we are suggesting are going to be shoehorn into EnzoBall regardless of their form and ability and suitability to this god awful system, and this is were mine and a growing number of others frustrations lie.  If he'd show a bit of flexibility (I known it's a phrase we all seem to be saying recently) and tweak and adapt to the most inform players true strengths then,

One. A lot of the fans would be a load happer.

Two the opposition won't be expecting it.

Three we may perform better and get the wins we sorely need. As playing to our strength and not 'playing by numbers'

Four you never know, the entertainment level may rise a notch or two.

Oh we can live in hope I suppose...

What does Enzo need to do? Easy, fkin resign right now, guy hasn't got a clue. Be glad to see him go, and anyone from FT take over. Ideally, bring back Nige, and at least put some pride and passion back into our club. No wonder I no longer want to go to games., if it wasn't for seeing the UFS lads I really wouldn't bother. See you for the Blackburn game!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Agree with all of this. Constantly losing the ball with Ricardo/Hamza high up the pitch and defenders too slow to cover the space left behind. Maybe swap Faes for Nelson, who's no slouch , Cannon in for Daka and switch wingers occasionally during the game to get some crosses in.

• Like 1

Let Ricardo overlap and underlap Fatawu, he's our most mercurial player so we should support him instead of marrying him on the right up against two players.

Additionally with Ricardo pushing on it means he can maintain the width and AIF can be more of a goal threat and create more havoc.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Let Ricardo overlap and underlap Fatawu, he's our most mercurial player so we should support him instead of marrying him on the right up against two players.

Additionally with Ricardo pushing on it means he can maintain the width and AIF can be more of a goal threat and create more havoc.

It's so telling a player as talented as Abdul has 3 goals in 43 league appearances this season. It's pig headedness to insist on having him so far away from the goal

1 hour ago, Death by Football said:

All Enzo needs to do is accept there is more than one way to play football and open his mind to the possibility of trying something different occasionally, dependant on how the match is going. 

Surely as a manager you would have a plan b

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Surely as a manager you would have a plan b

Absolutely. And a plan c,d,e… so you can react to what’s happening.
Simple example: if your inverted full back means the opposition keep targeting the space in behind and isolating the CBs consider using him as an overlapping fullback in the traditional sense and give them something new to think about. Especially if your fullback happens to be one of the best attacking fullbacks in the entire bleeding country. 

Posted (edited)

He needs to select the right team 

Madds 

Ricky  Coady Vesty  James 

Winks

Yunus                           KDH

Abdul                                      Mavi 

Cannon 

Changes to be made if players are showing lack of desire, form etc asap  

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He needs to select the right team 

Madds 

Ricky  Coady Vesty  James 

Winks

Yunus                           KDH

Cannon 

Changes to be made if players are showing lack of desire, form etc asap  

Yunus and KDH together hasn't worked. But saying that Ndidi isn't currently working out either. Although he's not my favourite i think it's looked better when Praet has been playing because he is technically good and different to KDH. I am still not convinced that Coady and Vesty together is the answer. I would go:

Madds 

Ricky  Faes Coady  Doyle 

Winks

Praet                           KDH

Cannon 

He's obviously going to stick with the inverted stuff, and i want to Doyle to link up with Fatawu again.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

Mads

Vest    Coady    Doyle

Abdul   Ricardo/Winks    Ndidi    Stephy

Daka         Vardy        Nacho

surely these lot will have more than three shots on target in 90 mins

9 minutes ago, Langley said:

Mads

Vest    Coady    Doyle

Abdul   Ricardo/Winks    Ndidi    Stephy

Daka         Vardy        Nacho

surely these lot will have more than three shots on target in 90 mins

Midfield would work well and great up front, but 3 of the slowest defenders available would probably see a 5:5 thriller

54 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Yunus and KDH together hasn't worked. But saying that Ndidi isn't currently working out either. Although he's not my favourite i think it's looked better when Praet has been playing because he is technically good and different to KDH. I am still not convinced that Coady and Vesty together is the answer. I would go:

Madds 

Ricky  Faes Coady  Doyle 

Winks

Praet                           KDH

Cannon 

He's obviously going to stick with the inverted stuff, and i want to Doyle to link up with Fatawu again.

Playing Faes at the moment is very controversial. My view is that we need to cut out all of those who are malignant at the moment 

I'd play Coady and have James to potentially sweep as there's a distinct lack of pace - Playing Doyle only exacerbates although Mavi plays better with him and switching of wingers during the game is something I'd encourage  

59 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Playing Faes at the moment is very controversial. My view is that we need to cut out all of those who are malignant at the moment 

I'd play Coady and have James to potentially sweep as there's a distinct lack of pace - Playing Doyle only exacerbates although Mavi plays better with him and switching of wingers during the game is something I'd encourage  

Personally dont see why playing Faes is controversial.  We all know his faults but he's spent a good chunk of this season as a very good defender. Though he played very well at the last 2 home games i went to.

As last season and this .... there is no leader on the pitch ... no loud voice ... no one to dish a bollocking out  ...  and until we find one .... which I thought was supposed to be Coady ...  Just a proper captain ... the armband has magical powers on the correct arm 

2 hours ago, dr.o.ball said:

Midfield would work well and great up front, but 3 of the slowest defenders available would probably see a 5:5 thriller

at least we'll score a goal!