Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

What does Enzo need to do before the West Brom next Saturday

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Love Fatawu but he is impetuous and just felt a calm senior head my help, also not saying Fatawu should not come on!

I keep banging on about it but he’s quick enough to play on the left, his correct position? Marc on the right and balls coming in giving Vardy and high eights a fighting chance for once! Mavadidi has been poor last 2 and a rest will do him good and give him a kick up the harris.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Whatever we say Enzo will do the opposite... I swear he's a a member on here lol

For me go back to basics 4-4-2, go two up top with Cannon and Nacho. Maybe even throw Albrighton back into the battle field. Get Coady back in the back line.

Tell Daka, to start to back his bags. His time at Leicester his done "thank you very much, have great career"

4-4-2 and get it in the box :scarf:

learn how to read a game while it is in action... then, learn how to make changes designed to resolve ares that are failing during the game.

Or...

Ask an experienced manager/coach to advise him on these things

• Like 1

The blaming of individual players is very easy and doesn't provide any answers. After dominating the league for so long Maresca should have been planning for a dip - either from overconfidence or other teams sussing our methods. The mantra 'only the next game is important' should have been drilled into their thinking.

He's failed to adjust the team by failing to adapt himself. Now they've lost that confidence and are fearful of every next match.

I'd be loathe to fire him, but, unless he gets it together, we're going into the play-offs.

I'd be inclined to make Ricardo player-manager. At least he looks up for every match and has huge experience.

Leicester  have WBA and then Southampton close together. Definitely the time to start with some different players such as Cannon and Albrighton and then bring Vardy and Fatawu after an hour to keep the energy going. Like others I would love an additional striker up front such as Iheanacho to give the opposition a bit more to worry about. At the moment the choices seem predictable the manager has his preferred players even if some are tired or out of form then run out of steam. Other teams need to face some unexpected because they have a plan that unfortunately works too often

15 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not saying I disagree, the reasons provided are valid, but it’s still little more than a punt.

Managers have to take punts all the time, or punts to the casual observer. You'd hope behind the scenes there's been enough due diligence and work put in that they have confidence of making a chance.

Daka was thrown in from the complete wilderness in December and it kicked us on hugely. Not sure how his confidence evaporated so much in February onwards but that it did.

At the very least when Enzo has gone on record as saying we've worked on where we might have to play differently over the last international break, and despite being behind in 3 of the 5 games we've played for large chunks of the game, he's still not felt thr need to deploy whatever that is. It should be Cannon on alongside another striker. He's a player who thrives on chaos in the box for him to get off a first time shot with accuracy.

That's what I want to see us do, although it's possibly too late.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Managers have to take punts all the time, or punts to the casual observer. You'd hope behind the scenes there's been enough due diligence and work put in that they have confidence of making a chance.

Daka was thrown in from the complete wilderness in December and it kicked us on hugely. Not sure how his confidence evaporated so much in February onwards but that it did.

At the very least when Enzo has gone on record as saying we've worked on where we might have to play differently over the last international break, and despite being behind in 3 of the 5 games we've played for large chunks of the game, he's still not felt thr need to deploy whatever that is. It should be Cannon on alongside another striker. He's a player who thrives on chaos in the box for him to get off a first time shot with accuracy.

That's what I want to see us do, although it's possibly too late.

Simple - pressure.  His chance arrived due to injuries to other players. His chance came along and he took it, at a time where there really wasn't too much pressure on him or the team.  If he failed, he would have been in the same position as before. He played really well and had good stats, and we kicked on as a team.

When the expectation kicks in, the pressure goes up. He then starts ahead of the other 3 and we expect the same stats as before.  He's just not been able to deal with and deliver against the expectation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

What Enzo will do before WBA

Wake up late, quick sh*t, shower & shave (head), grab last weeks team sheet

scribble out Daka and replace it with Vardy

erm, change a full back

There that makes it look like I thought about it

Tell the boys same again, last week was good, trust the process

You forgot touch up / dye his beard.

Come on mate..keep up 😜 😜 

He needs to stop playing players that have been stinking out the place recently, namely Faes, Ndidi and the strikers he’s been playing in recent games without giving Cannon a chance. 

This please Enzo:

Hermansen

Coady

Vestergaard

Doyle

Ricky P

Winks

Fatawu

Yunus

KDH

Mavididi

Cannon

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He needs to stop playing players that have been stinking out the place recently, namely Faes, Ndidi and the strikers he’s been playing in recent games without giving Cannon a chance. 

This please Enzo:

Hermansen

Coady

Vestergaard

Doyle

Ricky P

Winks

Fatawu

Yunus

KDH

Mavididi

Cannon

I would bank on myself being able to beat that back line. And people think we have the best team the Championship has ever seen.

59 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

This please Enzo:

Hermansen

Coady

Vestergaard

Doyle

Ricky P

Winks

Fatawu

Yunus

KDH

Mavididi

Cannon

If Coady comes in, Justin has to start. We already get killed on the counter, taking Faes and Justin out for Coady and Doyle will only make that worse.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

This please Enzo:

Hermansen

Coady

Vestergaard

Doyle

Ricky P

Winks

Fatawu

Yunus

KDH

Mavididi

Cannon

I like your team - seems to address many of our issues / real dire shite we've seen. 

The pace at the back's a bit of a concern but I don't think we have a starting 11 at the moment to cover all of the problems we've exhibited over the last 2 months 

I'd continue with JJ 

COYB 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

42 minutes ago, Ricey said:

If Coady comes in, Justin has to start. We already get killed on the counter, taking Faes and Justin out for Coady and Doyle will only make that worse.

Faes isn't quick either. Watch him break into a full sprint against WBA (he will be playing) - He's genuinely slow.

He might be quicker than Coady and Doyle but I doubt there's much in it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I like your team - seems to address many of our issues / real dire shite we've seen. 

The pace at the back's a bit of a concern but I don't think we have a starting 11 at the moment to cover all of the problems we've exhibited over the last 2 months 

I'd continue with JJ 

COYB 

Normally I'd agree with you..

But JJ is off the boil at the moment ( having said that he's not the only one) and Doyle does give is a bit more balanced and is a passing upgrade.

If I'm being honest I think the crux of the matter is that at present the system/ setup doesn't really fit our current squad and certainly in its present dip in form. We got away with it early doors as it was new, unexpected, and the opposition was flummoxed by it at first. Then we got sussed, and due to Enzo being stubborn it doesn't look like anything will change on Saturday.

46 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Normally I'd agree with you..

But JJ is off the boil at the moment ( having said that he's not the only one) and Doyle does give is a bit more balanced and is a passing upgrade.

If I'm being honest I think the crux of the matter is that at present the system/ setup doesn't really fit our current squad and certainly in its present dip in form. We got away with it early doors as it was new, unexpected, and the opposition was flummoxed by it at first. Then we got sussed, and due to Enzo being stubborn it doesn't look like anything will change on Saturday.

Yes it does feel as though you're having to hammer in jigsaw pieces into the jigsaw - To put someone in to counter the lack of pace and give the team some needed leadership with Coady you have to put in JJ who's recent form has been poor. 

My view is generally you should select quality players because they will come good / perform better over time and I hope over the remaining 4 games. 

To counter Doyle's range of pass would certainly hope find space and put us on the front foot. It's so blummin difficult 

So I went to Bristol, Plymouth but not Millwall (but heard about it from my lad).

I've said it on a few places on here, Coady & Vestergaard kept a clean sheet for 120 mins against a Prem side and he went right back to Faes.  We have been regularly rubbish in the League since & Faes was right in my line as he ran (not sprinted) across to cover Friday, didn't close down and gifted them a goal after we dominated for 20 mins.  My drive was 9hrs round trip!!!!!

IN the BIN till the end of the season IF we turn it around, Daka (sadly for me) has to warm the bench.  Maybe start with Dennis.

Marcal played really well at the Vitality and has not had 1 minute since, IF the wingers are knackered not performing.

DON'T be afraid to hook 1 or 2 off after 45 mins, and get 5 on whatever, if it ain't happening AND NOT in the 87th minute at Millwall or just watch it all go by at Ashton Gate.

The rest are gifting it to us and we are BOTTLING it.

He has Yunus, Nach, Nelson, Albrighton, Marcal, Justin + what he has been picking.

Stick to the formula, don't get promoted directly, lose in the play offs somewhere and be sacked and likely go back to AM OR

Be bold, realise you only need to have probably 3 good results in 4, maybe even 2 wins and a draw if you are VERY VERY LUCKY, probably 3 wins and we are up.

But if the team you select week after week don't look like winning you have 5 yes 5 subs to turn it around.

ALL OF THEM, ALL OF THEM ARE TOTALLY MENTALLY WEAK, luckily so are Leeds & Ipswich have hit the wall.

FOXES NEVER quit

Edited by The boy Linacre
  • Like 1