Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

What does Enzo need to do before the West Brom next Saturday

8 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I don't believe we've had 72 BIG chances personally, chances yes. Though I admit our strikers need to do better. The system is clearly an issue. 

Statistically we have missed 72 big chances, the strikers/midfielders are put into the positions and are missing. 

The system isn't perfect, but the strikers are getting chances from the system and are continuously missing 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

If you think 2 chances per game against 2 of the worst teams in the league is good enough than I'm afraid that's your problem.

I often agree with a lot you say but not in this case the last 2 games have been awful

No one has said the system isn't an issue.

But when we have had 2 golden chances and miss all of against the worst teams in the league; the players need to be looked at just as much as the system. 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No one has said the system isn't an issue.

But when we have had 2 golden chances and miss all of against the worst teams in the league; the players need to be looked at just as much as the system. 

I don't disagree but part of the problem is the manager playing g the same players over and over again when they are not performing so yes it's on the players but also on the manager for still picking them when they are not playing well.

And they weren't 2 golden chances they were 2 OK chances at best 

The rest will benefit us. He should have used squad better over the last week but his reluctance to has added to fatigue.

I hope everyone has sat down together today and talked about this opportunity that has presented itself. Two wins against baggies and saints would be massive - we would nearly be there.

We should be almost resigned to playoffs but a run of 4 performances of old will get us there. 

Team wise, I would like to see Coady for Faes, Doyle for JJ, Praet for Ndidi and Daka replaced by any of the other 3. In these next 2 games especially use of the bench is vital so whoever starts has to understand the bigger picture.

Enzo has 4 games to prove his worth. Really hope he is more decisive and gambles when/if needed. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

If you think 2 chances per game against 2 of the worst teams in the league is good enough than I'm afraid that's your problem.

I often agree with a lot you say but not in this case the last 2 games have been awful

The championship isn't like the PL in my view because all teams (maybe not Ritherham) can win on their day. The league is much of a muchness. 'Worst teams"....See Bham and Blackburn yesterday for example. It's a tough league, especially in April when there's a lot at stake for a lot of teams. Pressure throws up strange results. In SOME ways it's a better competition than the PL imo.

He needs to get over himself and realize that this next few games are season and possibly generation defining for us as a football club and career defining for him.

Coady and Cannon in, please.

4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I’ll start with 2 easy things:-

Drop Faes and bring in Coady

Drop Daka - personally I’d like to see Cannon back in 

Yep.. so bleeding obvious isn't it!!

Twathead won't do it though 🤬🤬

Hermansen 

Coady Nelson Justin

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Mavididi KDH Albrighton

Cannon

Drop Faes & Vestergaard. They are lik hear no evil, see no evil, but with regards to pressing and chasing. Their inability to cope with fast breaks is ****ing us. 

Bring Mavididi into the inside right channel. He tracks back and he can do all the things Ndidi can't do ie quick 1-2's and crossing/shooting with his right foot.

Albrighton in on the left. For those with a memory this is the position he played effectively when we won the premier league. Why is he the only winger  who has been uninverted having been one of the most potent examples of it through the best part of his career! Get him in  + he has a point to prove v West Brom. 

Cannon in for first 60 with Vardy for last 30. 

Subs: 

Praet can come on for Albrighton and Mavi back out to the left in the second half. 

Akgun can come on for Fatawu if needs be. 

Vestegaard if we need to put our foot on the ball at some point. 

Drop Ndidi and Start Albrighton instead in one of the number 8 positions.

I've convinced myself he would be great there. If he can run beyond fatawu with that little pass we always play Albrighton can deliver a cross better than ndidi or anyone in that team.

He works hard and we need experience at this time.

Just now, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Drop Ndidi and Start Albrighton instead in one of the number 8 positions.

I've convinced myself he would be great there. If he can run beyond fatawu with that little pass we always play Albrighton can deliver a cross better than ndidi or anyone in that team.

He works hard and we need experience at this time.

Right about dropping Ndidi, but would rather see Praet or Kasey start there.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Yep.. so bleeding obvious isn't it!!

Twathead won't do it though 🤬🤬

Ok, why  are they better? (Well…..ok, who warrants replacing sub standard Daka?)

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I don't disagree but part of the problem is the manager playing g the same players over and over again when they are not performing so yes it's on the players but also on the manager for still picking them when they are not playing well.

And they weren't 2 golden chances they were 2 OK chances at best 

Nacho had an unmarked free header from 6 yards out; that's a golden chance whatever league you're in.

Daka had 2 brilliant chances Vs Plymouth both 6-10 yards out 

23 hours ago, Ricey said:

He has to start acting like a manager, not a coach or U23 manager.

When you are a coach your job is to coach a philosophy and primary system on the training pitch.

When you are an U23 manager it’s similar. You don’t change system or game plans before or during matches, as the aim is to develop the players within that chosen philosophy.

He has to snap out of that. He’s a manager of a club that needs to get back into the Premier League. It’s good to have a strong belief in a way of playing, but any manager worth his salt will be flexible. They will use their squad, they will adapt to the strengths of that squad, they will adapt to the opposition and they will react during matches to what is going on. Anything to get the result.

He’s not doing any of that.

In a nutshell!!

22 hours ago, Parker Pen said:

The main changes. Would be Coady for Faes and Cannon for Daka. I would even swap Hermanson for Stolarcyk as I feel he’s better at crosses and shot stopping.

I would also be ready with Albrighton and Vardy at 60 minutes should we be level or chasing the game.

I think Stolarcyk is the better keeper too, and keeping out goals is more important than fancy passing from the keeper at this stage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Statistically we have missed 72 big chances, the strikers/midfielders are put into the positions and are missing. 

The system isn't perfect, but the strikers are getting chances from the system and are continuously missing 

We do have a striker issue. Vardy is 37, can’t play every game. Nacho has checked out, Cannon has had injury issues & Enzo just doesn’t trust him. Daka is so poor, plays like a competition winner.

Whether we like the system or not, we don’t have a 20 goal-a-season forward.

Personally l don’t have a big issue with our system, other than we move the ball far too slowly, making us easy too defend against.