Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

What does Enzo need to do before the West Brom next Saturday

9 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I’ll start with 2 easy things:-

Drop Faes and bring in Coady

Drop Daka - personally I’d like to see Cannon back in 

Exactly this, Faes shoud not even be on the bench.  Hes a Liability every time he has the ball.   Agree what others have said, he is our the Danny Ward this year. 

Daka just isnt performing. So many missed chances.  We need someone upfront that takes more chances and has or better success rate.

Cannon i think wants to be here and was solid upfront when given the chance.

Him and Vardy upfront and with sharky involved also would be something else.

Enzo also needs to put on the grass those who want to be here, and want to be premier league with us.

Ndidi is gone and that statistic  on him playing and we win is not there just now. I hate seeing us give players time with expectations on prior performance rather than recent performance. We've no time for players picking up form. 

Bin those out of form.

Involve albrighton for part of the game.

Cannon in

Coady in

Akgun or Praet in

Daka out

Faes out

Ndidi out

Enzo seem so stubborn to change certain 1st team players.   Its all gone stale and need 2nd team to slot into certain positions.  

• Like 2

It doesn't matter what Enzo should do for the West Brom game, because he will keep ploughing on in the same old way regardless. 

He will probably put Vardy in for Daka, but can't see him changing anything else.

Personally I would like to see the guy from the hair bear bunch dropped for Coady, after costing us a number of goals recently, but can't see Maresca doing it.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree although I would start Marc and drop Fatawu to the bench for WBA.

Christ no. Love Marc, but Fatawu can get in behind and create stuff. If we had a Keifer Moore type up front then I could suggest bringing on Albrighton for the last 20 mins if things weren't going well. But we haven't

• Like 1

Just now, CheeseHead said:

Christ no. Love Marc, but Fatawu can get in behind and create stuff. If we had a Keifer Moore type up front then I could suggest bringing on Albrighton for the last 20 mins if things weren't going well. But we haven't

Love Fatawu but he is impetuous and just felt a calm senior head my help, also not saying Fatawu should not come on!

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Love Fatawu but he is impetuous and just felt a calm senior head my help, also not saying Fatawu should not come on!

He is inconsistent but when the team isn't playing well, you need players that can turn a game in one moment of skill to score or create a winning goal

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Can someone explain why people want Cannon to start? Is it just because it would be different and may work? Assuming so. :dunno:

It cannot be because he has looked great, because he hasn’t.

He looks to be able to score out of nothing and given we create very little, would be a good idea right now. 

Vardy and Daka don't look threatening at all compared to how Cannon ran Millwall ragged for example. His physicality and runs between the centre half and full back was our best number 9 performance of the season. Vardy and Daka have been awful performance wise. 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

It's West Brom so Vardy has to start

……….shame it not at The Hawthorns. Incredible record there. 
He must have p*****  off so many Albion fans in that same corner. 
He must recognise them all ! :wave:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I mean, pal, think this through. He's got 25 or whatever goal contributions this season. Has won us games on his own. And you want to DROP him when we need a win the most? 

Sometimes, really....

Edit to add, it's the hardest running player we have too. He's still got energy to burn when everyone else is blowing 

I didnt say I wanted to I just said I'm not bothered if it is. Not looked himself recently imo. Could use a rest. Don't understand why it's upset you so much. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I didnt say I wanted to I just said I'm not bothered if it is. Not looked himself recently imo. Could use a rest. 

8 days between games should be plenty of rest for a pro footballer.

I think it's an excellent idea to have Marc Albrighton involved but we should stick with Fatawu as he can produce the spark we so desperately need. 

Mavi needs to up his general performance but obviously he is a potential match winner and we need as many of those in the team as possible. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I think anyone suggesting dropping Fatawu is even more barmy on here than usual.

He’s the only Premier League quality player in the squad, together with Ricky (but he’s made of meringue)

To slate others on this forum and then label Fatawu as PL quality you’ve earned yourself a nomination for ‘Most Odd post of the year’. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

He needs to play Cannon and possibly change our style of play. We cannot continue trying a system that has failed over the last few months. Shake it up a bit.

Has the system failed or the inability of players to put the ball in the net after creating enough chances to win games. Having said that, there is a stubbornness about Maresca that he believes the system is right and he won't deviate from the plan.

47 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Has the system failed or the inability of players to put the ball in the net after creating enough chances to win games. Having said that, there is a stubbornness about Maresca that he believes the system is right and he won't deviate from the plan.

The system fails if we don’t win games. Change it up. 

11 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

According to the stats (that you don't believe) we've created 125 'big' chances (1st in the league and 11 more than next best Leeds). We've converted 53 and missed 72.

I'll do a big chance conversion rate table for the whole league when I can be bothered.

I wouldn’t bother .. the league table will still be the same