Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

What does Enzo need to do before the West Brom next Saturday

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Can someone explain why people want Cannon to start? Is it just because it would be different and may work? Assuming so. :dunno:

It cannot be because he has looked great, because he hasn’t.

Because there's the need to try something different. We're not saying to start Cannon as the only ST as this won't work again. We need 2 upfront, we need to fill the box and break the low mid blocking. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Can someone explain why people want Cannon to start? Is it just because it would be different and may work? Assuming so. :dunno:

I think it’s just down to working with what we have. 

- Daka: like it or not, as things sit, he’s our best striker. But he’s mired in a shite slump right now and probably should be taken off till he gets his head right because he’s missing far too many easy goals currently. 

- Vardy: legend. Best we’ve ever had. But if we’re being honest, he too has missed a lot of easy chances of late. Further, he can only really put in a solid 30-45 minutes now. Thats not worthy of starting. 

- Kelechi: man’s been on the beach most of the season. He’s thinking about his next contract and that does ****all for our promotion hopes. 

Who does that leave us?

2 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Kelechi: man’s been on the beach most of the season. He’s thinking about his next contract and that does ****all for our promotion hopes

I dont know where this comes from.

I've hardly seen him this season to decide one way or the other if he's in the beach. 

If we actually use evidence, as opposed to gut feel, he got a few mins at Bristol and had a delicious dink ruled out for a very narrow offside and then at Millwall, he had our only chance in his 5 mins and only a superb goal line clearance stopped him scoring. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Not bothered if it's kdh

I mean, pal, think this through. He's got 25 or whatever goal contributions this season. Has won us games on his own. And you want to DROP him when we need a win the most? 

Sometimes, really....

Edit to add, it's the hardest running player we have too. He's still got energy to burn when everyone else is blowing 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

I mean, pal, think this through. He's got 25 or whatever goal contributions this season. Has won us games on his own. And you want to DROP him when we need a win the most? 

Sometimes, really....

I've now seen posts calling for Fatawu and KDH to be dropped. Yes, the 2 players who are 1st and 3rd in the entire division for big chances created. 

People genuinely want them punished because the strikers who keep letting them down can't finish their dinner.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Amazing innit? 

Sometimes I read posters' team selections and they've picked Nelson or Alves or Cannon and it's just like, wtf do these people think? There's a lack of cognitive thinking. 

We need promotion and a couple of wins to get it. Just go for the most obvious. Don't overthink nor over masturbate over theoretical saviours such as Tete or Casadei or, now, Cannon..  

Because quite frankly Patson Daka is in the worst form I've seen from a striker all season, Vardy is extremely streaky and his last purple patch seems to have halted with the international break. It's looking like he's best suited to coming on with 20-25 to go.

Kelechi is leaving in less than a month.

So it is time for Cannon to be given another chance, he's the only one who Enzo hasn't given a sustained run in the side of a few months. He was excellent at home to Huddersfield and away at Millwall but I do have concerns if he's a pure lone striker or yet again he's another striker we own who suits being in a front two (see Daka, see Iheanacho). 

His strongest attribute is his shooting, especially first time without hesitation. He's a competent link player and he can hold the ball up OK as well.

If Maresca were to be brave to make a change in system then him in a front two would be my choice and I'd first try him with Vardy but as I've said, Daka always played in a two at RB Salzburg where he shit goals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I dont know where this comes from.

I've hardly seen him this season to decide one way or the other if he's in the beach. 

If we actually use evidence, as opposed to gut feel, he got a few mins at Bristol and had a delicious dink ruled out for a very narrow offside and then at Millwall, he had our only chance in his 5 mins and only a superb goal line clearance stopped him scoring. 

Well, if we’re using actual evidence (i.e. stats), it’s Daka over Kel and it’s not even close. But does that feel like the right way to go at the current moment? 

Kelechi is very much an “if he can be arsed to be in the right place at the right time” player, he can make it happen. I’ve watched almost every single match this season and that’s what I’m seeing. The narrow offside goal is but one example of this.
 I just don’t think we can rely on that when the games are this important to the future of the club given our financial predicament. 

14 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

- Daka: like it or not, as things sit, he’s our best striker. But he’s mired in a shite slump right now and probably should be taken off till he gets his head right because he’s missing far too many easy goals currently. 

- Vardy: legend. Best we’ve ever had. But if we’re being honest, he too has missed a lot of easy chances of late. Further, he can only really put in a solid 30-45 minutes now. Thats not worthy of starting. 

- Kelechi: man’s been on the beach most of the season. He’s thinking about his next contract and that does ****all for our promotion hopes. 

Who does that leave us?

Not sure that's true. We don't see Cannon in training and perhaps he's still not fit. However, I've been impressed when he's played and always looks hungry and dangerous. His scoring record in the Championship is impressive. I'd start him.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because quite frankly Patson Daka is in the worst form I've seen from a striker all season, Vardy is extremely streaky and his last purple patch seems to have halted with the international break. It's looking like he's best suited to coming on with 20-25 to go.

Kelechi is leaving in less than a month.

So it is time for Cannon to be given another chance, he's the only one who Enzo hasn't given a sustained run in the side of a few months. He was excellent at home to Huddersfield and away at Millwall but I do have concerns if he's a pure lone striker or yet again he's another striker we own who suits being in a front two (see Daka, see Iheanacho). 

His strongest attribute is his shooting, especially first time without hesitation. He's a competent link player and he can hold the ball up OK as well.

If Maresca were to be brave to make a change in system then him in a front two would be my choice and I'd first try him with Vardy but as I've said, Daka always played in a two at RB Salzburg where he shit goals.

Not saying I disagree, the reasons provided are valid, but it’s still little more than a punt.

35 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

to me, he always looked dangerous. Even in the games we didn’t perform well he still seemed to create something out of nothing. Against coventry for example he randomly hit a snap shot that could have easily gone in. It’s that type of instinct that we’ve not had all season. Nobody creates opportunities for themselves. Have you even seen another striker hit one from outside the box? 

It’s possible that’s why enzo doesn’t like him but I want my striker to be confident enough to shoot on-sight. 

If we’d persisted with cannon he 

only would have improved further and i truly believe we wouldn’t be in this situation. Cannon for 60 vardy for 30 would terrorize teams and have left them having to consistently deal with a sharp vardy full of energy. 

Edited by Lambert09

22 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Who does that leave us?

Daka is our best striker? He cant kick a ball properly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

to me, he always looked dangerous. Even in the games we didn’t perform well he still seemed to create something out of nothing. Against coventry for example he randomly hit a snap shot that could have easily gone in. It’s that type of instinct that we’ve not had all season. Nobody creates opportunities for themselves. Have you even seen another striker hit one from outside the box? 

It’s possible that’s why enzo doesn’t like him but I want my striker to be confident enough to shoot on-sight. 

If we’d persisted with cannon he 

only would have improved further and i truly believe we wouldn’t be in this situation. Cannon for 60 vardy for 30 would terrorize teams and have left them having to consistently deal with a sharp vardy full of energy. 

I think Cannon is good and is our future, but he has barely played, is coming back from an injury and does not have the experience we need at this point. Try it, but it would be nothing but a close your eyes and hope approach.

Just now, It'sblueupnorth said:

Stats say otherwise, he is our best unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

The sad thing its pretty much the case. However, for one reason or another, Daka has completely lost the plot in the last few games. Friday was almost a complete meltdown from him.

I liked what i saw from Cannon. His best attribute is a lovely clean strike.  That goal against Millwall in the cup was lovely. He should be the future. But something is clearly being managed here. He's just back from another injury, so it makes sense that Daka and Vardy have been used.

If everything is right with him, then I can see him starting on Saturday. But right now i think thats a big if. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Well, if we’re using actual evidence (i.e. stats), it’s Daka over Kel and it’s not even close. But does that feel like the right way to go at the current moment? 

Kelechi is very much an “if he can be arsed to be in the right place at the right time” player, he can make it happen. I’ve watched almost every single match this season and that’s what I’m seeing. The narrow offside goal is but one example of this.
 I just don’t think we can rely on that when the games are this important to the future of the club given our financial predicament. 

Well I see your logic I guess. Just disagree with the conclusion. Hasn't Kels always carried a bit of a slightly-in -his-own-world kinda vibe? 

If I had to back one player to score us a half chance,.I'd go for Kels above any other player, Inc Vards. 

18 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

Might help if we could execute a decent corner, and have someone who can strike a ball from set pieces

Hence, why Maresca wanted Sensi in in January. Great set piece technician and could fill the 8 or 6 role comfortably.