Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

What does Enzo need to do before the West Brom next Saturday

The one thing Foxes talk can be relied upon is to think players we have barely (or even never) seen will save us. 

The clamour for Cannon is a great example. Most of us have seen the lad on the pitch for two hours max, where he seems to have a good shot on him but painfully slow. Everything else is just guessing.

Get me Kels on that pitch anytime. He has faults but a game changing killer pass or turn or finish out of nowhere are all proven .....time and time and time again. 

• Like 3

Prepare his excuses for when we lose: 'It's been too long since our previous game'. Or maybe: 'Our passing was very good, but this is football and they are a very good side'. Or maybe even: 'Both Faes and Daka played the full 90 minutes, despite Faes gifting WBA each of their goals and Daka missing all three of his open-goal opportunities to score, because they're both automatic choices in my first team'.

He needs to understand that you can play two strikers, especially when you have 4 who can all easily get double figures in this league. 

In fact, iheanacho could even play as a 10 behind two strikers, Vardy and Cannon, if you were a decent coach. 

Hermansen

Faes          Vestergaard      Justin

Mavididi  Ndidi/Ricardo   Winks  Fatawu

KDH

Vardy            Iheanacho

I think a decent coach, like a De Zerbi, would even play Winks and KDH holding and put Iheanacho behind 2 of Daka/Vardy/Cannon. 

53 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The one thing Foxes talk can be relied upon is to think players we have barely (or even never) seen will save us. 

The clamour for Cannon is a great example. Most of us have seen the lad on the pitch for two hours max, where he seems to have a good shot on him but painfully slow. Everything else is just guessing.

Get me Kels on that pitch anytime. He has faults but a game changing killer pass or turn or finish out of nowhere are all proven .....time and time and time again. 

Whilst I think you do have a point, A lot of Cannons game time was coming on as a sub late on when we were leading and had zero intention of going for anymore goals. 

I personally thought he was okay during AFCON when he came in. We just have to stop playing Daka either way. 

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Start Coady.

Involve Albrighton.

Start Cannon.

Go to 3-4-1-2/4-4-2 if we are struggling.

Start Akgun/Praet ahead of Ndidi who has been absolutely useless since injury.

DO NOT involve Kelechi, he’s checked out. 

Be proactive in-game.

Use the bench PROPERLY. 

I agree with nearly all that - but defo would have Akgun in for Ndidi (not Praet) - he always seems to make things happen.

• Like 2

It's not Enzo, or the defence which is 2nd best in the league. The strikers need to start converting the easy chances they've been missing.

Praet has looked good in the last couple of games and more attacked minded so I would maybe start him instead of Ndidi.

KDH has been brilliant with 25 goal involvements so we should play with a quicker tempo and hopefully KDH drags us over the line.

• Like 2

Change the formation and tweak the starting line up. 

Play Iheanacho just behind Vardy and take West Brom by surprise. 

They will spend the next week preparing for us to play the same way we always do so it's the perfect opportunity to mix things up. 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

He’s not slow.

Take his (Enzo) ball and go home. 

Since that won’t be happening, he really needs to:

- Start Coady and Yunus (preferably central). 
- Sit Faes and Daka, and Wilf if he’s going to continue playing him in a role that just isn’t working. 
- Start Cannon. Daka is struggling big time, and even if he’s doing some of the little things right that our other strikers don’t do, sending him back on the pitch after he’s missed so many sitters seems cruel to his own mental health and development. So many people say “Start Vardy.” Well, if we’re being honest, Vards has missed plenty of sitters this year as well. For me, his impact is felt more from a substitution point. And for the love of god, keep Kel off the matchday squad. He’s been checked out for ages. As has Dennis Praet. 
- Get Albrighton on the pitch for part of all of these last 4 games. He’s the only reliable crosser we have on the entire squad. I know that’s embarrassing, but it’s true and he needs to be on the pitch putting those crosses into Cannon or Vardy’s path. 
- Involve some of the academy kids. The “want” to be on the pitch and prove one’s self coupled with the enormous talent already on the pitch is more than enough to win these matches. Putting players like Kel, Praet, Faes, Wilf, hell even KDH at times, on the pitch is a lot less helpful to playing actual winning football than injecting some youth and desire. 

3-4-1-2 with Vardy and Cannon. Cannon can drop back and get involved in pass and go movement. Albrighton to start or 1st sub after HT. If Mavididi is wasteful and struggling in the wing move him behind the strikers. 

But none of the above will happen. It's going to be the same tactics and formation just without Daka. We'll be down 0-1 after 30mins and again nothing will change. We'll lose 0-2, Leeds will lose also. Both us and Leeds will be under investigation by the EFL for this strange pattern of results. 

Enzo will defend his "idea" and provide a 1h lecture quoting Greek philosophers. 

Can someone explain why people want Cannon to start? Is it just because it would be different and may work? Assuming so. :dunno:

It cannot be because he has looked great, because he hasn’t.

• Like 4

Hermansen.

Coady.         Vestergaard.       Doyle

Ricardo.          Winks.

Alves                KDH

Fatawu.             Vardy.           Mavididi

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Can someone explain why people want Cannon to start? Is it just because it would be different and may work? Assuming so. :dunno:

Amazing innit? 

Sometimes I read posters' team selections and they've picked Nelson or Alves or Cannon and it's just like, wtf do these people think? There's a lack of cognitive thinking. 

We need promotion and a couple of wins to get it. Just go for the most obvious. Don't overthink nor over masturbate over theoretical saviours such as Tete or Casadei or, now, Cannon..  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s obvious. The one that didn’t play must be the reason why we didn’t win. Same with Sharky. 

Our striker situation is mad. Vardy can play on a Monday and everyone will proclaim that he’s past it and must dropped. Play a different striker next game and everyone is shouting it’s mad Vardy didn’t start. We are back to the issue must be because we’ve not played cannon or nacho. 

Cannons been injured. We don’t really know if he’s match fit for this responsibility. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

It’s obvious. The one that didn’t play must be the reason why we didn’t win. Same with Sharky. 

Our striker situation is mad. Vardy can play on a Monday and everyone will proclaim that he’s past it and must dropped. Play a different striker next game and everyone is shouting it’s mad Vardy didn’t start. We are back to the issue must be because we’ve not played cannon or nacho. 

Cannons been injured. We don’t really know if he’s match fit for this responsibility. 

Agree although I would start Marc and drop Fatawu to the bench for WBA.