Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

QPR - Leeds (possible promotion)

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Honestly @Chelmofox I’ve found this season the most stressful ever. I apologise to all.

oh bless you! There have been times i've wanted to locate you just to make sure you were ok! You wear your heart on the forum that's for sure.

I do think i found the relegation season more stressful. I don't know why, i always had faith we would get this done. I have the same faith, that although it would mostly be nasty, we will scrape through next season.

8 hours ago, Bilo said:

Which was overturned on appeal on the basis that you only get 9 points for insolvency, thereby rendering it disproportionate. Their second deduction was only 2 points and Forest only got 4 points, so we would most likely have a case for a similarly modest sanction based on those precedents. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/26/everton-boosted-after-premier-league-deduction-reduced-from-10-to-six-points

Didn’t know that. Our loss is significantly worse than those teams mind. 

30 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yep. On the basis of the punishment having to be less than you'd get for insolvency, 8 would be the maximum and I think the EPL will definitely try for that to start with

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bert said:

It is, but the effective cap of 8 points at most makes life easier. And that's before the club lawyers inevitably do what they can to argue it down, such as pointing out the fact that the two clubs immediately above us in the relegation season, thus causing a significant financial loss, were also in breach of PSR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

It is, but the effective cap of 8 points at most makes life easier. And that's before the club lawyers inevitably do what they can to argue it down, such as pointing out the fact that the two clubs immediately above us in the relegation season, thus causing a significant financial loss, were also in breach of PSR.

That's the key part, realistically I'd expect 8 initially, argued to 5 or 6 on appeal because part of the losses were caused by the pls failure to punish Everton breaches in a timely manner