Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Annie Jacobson is a complete grifter and fraud and pretty much every nuclear expert has debunked her. 

 

Wait, what ?  That's quite the outburst.  Did she hurt you personally or something? lol

 

Pretty much EVERY nuclear expert,  you say?  Oh really?   Do they go to another school ?   

 

Not the ones I've read.

 

You're not one of those Nuclear Winter Deniers, are you?  I've seen some online chat criticising Jacobsen's work that goes down that road and, to be kind, it is not usually based on science or mathematics.

 

"Six Minutes To Winter" by Mark Lynas does the maths on firestorms, atmospheric soot volumes and consequent climate disaster and it's fairly compelling, I'd say.   

 

Same sort of reasoning as Jacobsen on the subject. 

 

Top scientists since Carl Sagan have been saying the same for decades.

 

I enjoyed Jacobsen's last two books, which I noticed when I read them contained ample sources quoted, and extensive bibliographies.  They referred in detail to government, military  and scientific publications.

 

That's why I'll continue to recommend them, thanks all the same.

 

You do you, though, as she clearly isn't a favourite of yours  lol

 

Posted
9 hours ago, Vacamion said:

 

Wait, what ?  That's quite the outburst.  Did she hurt you personally or something? lol

 

Pretty much EVERY nuclear expert,  you say?  Oh really?   Do they go to another school ?   

 

Not the ones I've read.

 

You're not one of those Nuclear Winter Deniers, are you?  I've seen some online chat criticising Jacobsen's work that goes down that road and, to be kind, it is not usually based on science or mathematics.

 

"Six Minutes To Winter" by Mark Lynas does the maths on firestorms, atmospheric soot volumes and consequent climate disaster and it's fairly compelling, I'd say.   

 

Same sort of reasoning as Jacobsen on the subject. 

 

Top scientists since Carl Sagan have been saying the same for decades.

 

I enjoyed Jacobsen's last two books, which I noticed when I read them contained ample sources quoted, and extensive bibliographies.  They referred in detail to government, military  and scientific publications.

 

That's why I'll continue to recommend them, thanks all the same.

 

You do you, though, as she clearly isn't a favourite of yours  lol

 

You might have enjoyed them but they’re still complete fiction. Even the scenario that someone would fire a single nuke at the US is obviously stupid. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Lionator said:

You might have enjoyed them but they’re still complete fiction. Even the scenario that someone would fire a single nuke at the US is obviously stupid. 

 

3 missiles are fired at the USA in the book. 

 

 

Posted
8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Her lawyer is going to play this as divine intervention 

She seems to be a **** no doubt but I feel as though her sentence should be commuted to life in prison without parole. She's suffered like the victim (not quite as close though). For me, they had their shot,  it failed and now you move on and let her rot in jail.

 

Perhaps the victims family think otherwise. Will be interesting  to see how she recovers and where this ends up.

Posted

Found myself having complete morbid fascination with the Christa Pike story. Can't for the life of me work out why the US don't just put Dexter in charge of the executions, it's literally his purpose in life and feels like a win:win all round.

Posted
28 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Found myself having complete morbid fascination with the Christa Pike story. Can't for the life of me work out why the US don't just put Dexter in charge of the executions, it's literally his purpose in life and feels like a win:win all round.

Don’t worry, Trump has just approved firing squads again 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Soar Fox said:

Saved myself £1.10 today by looking on google maps for cheaper diesel. Thanks Prime Minister

It might seem trivial and a bit silly but ultimately he’s trying to be proactive which hasn’t happened for a long time. He’s basically trying to be the man of the people and it’s kinda working. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 3
Posted
1 hour ago, Soar Fox said:

Saved myself £1.10 today by looking on google maps for cheaper diesel. Thanks Prime Minister

Thank you Google for doing it you mean?

Posted
57 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It might seem trivial and a bit silly but ultimately he’s trying to be proactive which hasn’t happened for a long time. He’s basically trying to be the man of the people and it’s kinda working. 

It was Starmer who legislated it. Even Sunak committed to it and so he’s not having to do much work on this one. Seems happy to take credit though.

Posted
Just now, Salisbury Fox said:

It was Starmer who legislated it. Even Sunak committed to it and so he’s not having to do much work on this one. Seems happy to take credit though.

I guess he has to announce that its come into action, regardless of the progress that happened before.

Posted
3 minutes ago, slymunn said:

I guess he has to announce that its come into action, regardless of the progress that happened before.

Nonsense. He needs to not mention it all, apparently.

Posted
11 minutes ago, slymunn said:

I guess he has to announce that its come into action, regardless of the progress that happened before.

My point was that this can hardly be used as an example of being a man of the people given he is just announcing it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...