Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
38 minutes ago, oldbluefox said:

he was like a breath of fresh air

I think I’ll reserve judgment until he does it against league one opposition which is a low enough bar anyway.

 

That Fulham under 21 team with better players available lost to a non league team 18th in level 6 of the footballing pyramid in the prior week/s

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I think I’ll reserve judgment until he does it against league one opposition which is a low enough bar anyway.

 

That Fulham under 21 team with better players available lost to a non league team 18th in level 6 of the footballing pyramid in the prior week/s

If you’re going to quote me take the whole quote. The context is important. 
For accuracy’s sake this is what I said 

After suffering Ayew for the past couple of seasons he was like a breath of fresh air.

Edited by oldbluefox
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

He's got an iconic celebration in him this lad, like the Steve Claridge play off winner or Walsh 3-3 equaliser V Arsenal. 

 

Can see a playoff final goal going in and us getting full feature length celebration with quietening critics, religious element and quirky hobby all rolled into one. 

 

Can't wait. 

 

 

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 1
Posted
On 25/09/2026 at 11:54, oldbluefox said:

After suffering Ayew for the past couple of seasons he was like a breath of fresh air.

 

On 25/09/2026 at 12:39, HankMarvin said:

I think I’ll reserve judgment until he does it against league one opposition which is a low enough bar anyway.

 

That Fulham under 21 team with better players available lost to a non league team 18th in level 6 of the footballing pyramid in the prior week/s

This is the cheekiest quote in foxestalk history 

Posted
32 minutes ago, bovril said:

 

This is the cheekiest quote in foxestalk history 

Not really the same thing applies, stick Ayew against a bunch teenage kids (one was working in Tescos 2 weeks before the game) and you would probably think the same thing.

Case in point being the hatrick he got against the Central African Republic weeks before he joined us.

Posted
37 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Not really the same thing applies, stick Ayew against a bunch teenage kids (one was working in Tescos 2 weeks before the game) and you would probably think the same thing.

Case in point being the hatrick he got against the Central African Republic weeks before he joined us.

Perfectly fair point but you should've made it instead of lopping off the end of his post, not to get all forum police on you 

Posted
25 minutes ago, bovril said:

Perfectly fair point but you should've made it instead of lopping off the end of his post, not to get all forum police on you 

It was the previous post, and I don’t really need you telling me what I should’ve said. 

Breath of fresh air.

 

Breath of fresh air compared to Ayew.

 

My response is the same either way, I’ll reserve judgement till he does it against opposition in the league we are in

  • Like 1
Posted
9 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

It was the previous post, and I don’t really need you telling me what I should’ve said. 

Breath of fresh air.

 

Breath of fresh air compared to Ayew.

 

My response is the same either way, I’ll reserve judgement till he does it against opposition in the league we are in

I saw enough of Ayew to know he probably wouldn't have scored. He was lazy and spent most of his time on his backside on the halfway line appealing for a foul. Bristric was where he should have been, mobile, making forward runs and being positive. I rarely saw that in Ayew no matter who the opposition was. I accept he's not the finished article but on the few occasions he has played compared to Ayew he was an upgrade and it was good to see. Too easy to be negative, give the lad a chance.

  • Like 1
Posted

Why are we arguing about him in comparison to Ayew?

 

He's not Jordan Ayew, which instantly makes him an upgrade.

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Surprised that this thread is deadly silent.

 

A very poor and most importantly an anonymous performance.

Think you hit the nail on the head. I forgot he even played. 

Posted

I know I got called out on it and got given the “Vardy needed a year”, “he needs time to settle in”, before, however I’m convinced he’ll go down to every bit as useful as Patson Daka. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Recall reading rumours that Bristric was pissed off about being "replaced" by Riis. Maybe someone will sit him down with a film of last night's game to explain why?!

 

Early days, but concerning signs here. He needs to start by upping his work rate 

Posted
2 hours ago, Sly said:

I know I got called out on it and got given the “Vardy needed a year”, “he needs time to settle in”, before, however I’m convinced he’ll go down to every bit as useful as Patson Daka. 
 

 

I also said it extremely early & got tore apart by all those that clearly know better.

 

He's sh1t.

 

Lets not flower it up,

 

He's sh1t.

  • Like 1
Posted

I said he looked poor after his first game and was criticised on here.

 

Rightly so, to be fair as being critical after one is game is a bit silly, but I was just calling it as I saw it on the day.

 

It's still early days for him so plenty of time to come good.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...