Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

48 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That bottom one!!!! Where on earth is that market? That looks an insanely good price.

It’s a Ladbrokes ‘Request a bet’. You’re right, it’s a licence to print money considering he’ll be taking any free kicks around the box. They don’t seem to be learning, though, it’s the third time I’ve made the same bet. 

4 hours ago, Buce said:

It’s a Ladbrokes ‘Request a bet’. You’re right, it’s a licence to print money considering he’ll be taking any free kicks around the box. They don’t seem to be learning, though, it’s the third time I’ve made the same bet. 

do they offer the other side yet? 

imho no bookies should be allowed to lay a price on something like that without quoting the other side of the market. ripping punters off all day long. 

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

do they offer the other side yet? 

imho no bookies should be allowed to lay a price on something like that without quoting the other side of the market. ripping punters off all day long. 

I'm not sure I understand the question.

How do you mean?

8 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I presume he means are odds offered on  the opposite (the player selected to have less than one shot on target)?

I assume they will, bet365 do. It's usually offered as a line over/under on there. Maddison is normally 0.5 shots, most attacking mids seem to be set at that. 

Edited by welck12

41 minutes ago, welck12 said:

I assume they will, bet365 do. It's usually offered as a line over/under on there. Maddison is normally 0.5 shots, most attacking mids seem to be set at that. 

365 do and the price difference is often extraordinary, because they offer the other side. 

if you only offer one side of a market you can quote whatever price you want. 

365 offer over and under so have to quote the correct price on both to avoid getting filled in. if they are 10/11 on over then they have to be close to 10/11 on under, too. paddy power, ladbrokes and most others only offer “maddison to have 1+ shot on target”, and therefore they can have that at however short a price they want. 

theres no examples on site now as there’s no matches for two weeks but if it’s anything like how ridiculous the world cup prices were you’ll be able to see how short a price they offer compared to the “true” price. 

possibly not doing a very good job of explaining but will try and show the price/line difference when i can. 

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

365 do and the price difference is often extraordinary, because they offer the other side. 

if you only offer one side of a market you can quote whatever price you want. 

365 offer over and under so have to quote the correct price on both to avoid getting filled in. if they are 10/11 on over then they have to be close to 10/11 on under, too. paddy power, ladbrokes and most others only offer “maddison to have 1+ shot on target”, and therefore they can have that at however short a price they want. 

theres no examples on site now as there’s no matches for two weeks but if it’s anything like how ridiculous the world cup prices were you’ll be able to see how short a price they offer compared to the “true” price. 

possibly not doing a very good job of explaining but will try and show the price/line difference when i can. 

Do 365 usually offer this market?

Honestly that price is just absurd. Surely it should be nearer 1/3.

Anyone ever do stupid stuff like bet on virtual sports? Went on a streak last night and won about 5 bets in a row all in excess of £50 and ended up with about £200 profit. To cap of the night I bet on John Millman to beat Federer at 25/1 when a set down and returned a further £130 from a fiver

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Do 365 usually offer this market?

Honestly that price is just absurd. Surely it should be nearer 1/3.

yeah they do. or they did on the world cup guessing they still do on prem/high profile games. 

they only quote certain players though. like 3 players from each team or something. 

Our sainted owners have two out today, both in the opener at Ascot. Fox Power would appear to be more fancied (7/1) but Fox Leicester (33/1) was sent off at 9/2 first time out at Chester but started slowly, hit the rail and faded. Cost €310,000 as a yearling and dam is a listed 6f winner. Might be worth a small tickle. 

2 hours ago, Ron Combo said:

Our sainted owners have two out today, both in the opener at Ascot. Fox Power would appear to be more fancied (7/1) but Fox Leicester (33/1) was sent off at 9/2 first time out at Chester but started slowly, hit the rail and faded. Cost €310,000 as a yearling and dam is a listed 6f winner. Might be worth a small tickle. 

Fox Leicester into 20s/25s now. Fox Power still around 7s. 

3 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Peterborough have been very fortunate to win most of their games so far. I’d personally rather be backing Southend at the prices if I had to. 

? didn’t age too well did it. Even today though Southend had twice as many shots. Definitely laying Posh for the title.