Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Batman vs Superman was very enjoyable. After all the poor reviews I was worried but I really enjoyed it, maybe the fianl fight went on a little too long. 8/10

Creed - gave it another go being as some of you insisted that it was good. Enjoyed it after the first 20 minutes but they were long and boring, I think some of you forgot them because the film was decent later. 6/10

Antman - funny and enjoyable 7.9/10

The Invasion - 3/10

Lifeless copy of what used to be a great original (spanning two other fantastic remakes). Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig were solely chosen as leads due to their mass appeal, but they don't add anything to their characters. What remains is a frantic chase with the occasional shock effect. And the ending is tosh.

The Invasion - 3/10

Lifeless copy of what used to be a great original (spanning two other fantastic remakes). Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig were solely chosen as leads due to their mass appeal, but they don't add anything to their characters. What remains is a frantic chase with the occasional shock effect. And the ending is tosh.

Hated the ending of this version,the best ending has to be the 70's remake with Donald Sutherland,never saw that coming

Went to see Star Trek Beyond on Friday night, I had admit I'm not a Star Trek fan and I'd never seen actually Star Trek episode or film in my film until Friday. It was just never my cup of tea. But anyway I went into this movie with an open mind thinking well perhaps It won't so bad, I only really seen it because we were down at the Odeon and we had only two options... BFG or this? and there's no way I'm watching BFG. To be honest I found Star Trek Beyond quite boring, maybe it's because I'm not a Star Trek and don't understand or feel characters but really there was nothing speical or different about this movie. The plot was very basic and I felt more like a Star Trek episode plot rather than a feature length movie, it felt like an oridinary routine mission episode. There was never really any big twist you worked villians motives earlier on. When I was trying to think of positives, the only one I could think of was at least it wasn't on long. The movie was only on for just under two hours, which in fact went by very fast. Which I was glad about because the theatre we were sitting in was very muggy and hot and it was making me very tired. To be honest it isn't the worst film, I've ever seen but it feels like the producers wanted to play it safe with this movie, the effects were decent and to be honest there was some interesting dialogue between characters, the effects were pretty okay but nothing special. However if I was going to reccomend this I don't think I won't, maybe I would have looked at this through a different light if I was a Star Trek fan but judging by the reaction of people coming out of the cinema after the film, everyone looked and sounded underwhelmed. When I asked my mates who and seen the other Star Trek, they described the movie as just "okay" and said nothing more.

For rating I'm going to have to give it a 4/10. I don't think it's one movie I'll be in hurry to see in a while, in my opinion even if your a star trek fan or not, I'd wait for the Dvd. You'll find yourself feeling short changed. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

9 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Went to see Star Trek Beyond on Friday night, I had admit I'm not a Star Trek fan and I'd never seen actually Star Trek episode or film in my film until Friday. It was just never my cup of tea. But anyway I went into this movie with an open mind thinking well perhaps It won't so bad, I only really seen it because we were down at the Odeon and we had only two options... BFG or this? and there's no way I'm watching BFG. To be honest I found Star Trek Beyond quite boring, maybe it's because I'm not a Star Trek and don't understand or feel characters but really there was nothing speical or different about this movie. The plot was very basic and I felt more like a Star Trek episode plot rather than a feature length movie, it felt like an oridinary routine mission episode. There was never really any big twist you worked villians motives earlier on. When I was trying to think of positives, the only one I could think of was at least it wasn't on long. The movie was only on for just under two hours, which in fact went by very fast. Which I was glad about because the theatre we were sitting in was very muggy and hot and it was making me very tired. To be honest it isn't the worst film, I've ever seen but it feels like the producers wanted to play it safe with this movie, the effects were decent and to be honest there was some interesting dialogue between characters, the effects were pretty okay but nothing special. However if I was going to reccomend this I don't think I won't, maybe I would have looked at this through a different light if I was a Star Trek fan but judging by the reaction of people coming the cinema after the film, everyone looked and sounded underwhelmed. When I asked my mates who and seen the other Star Trek, they described the movie as just "okay" and said nothing more.

For rating I'm going to have to give it a 4/10. I don't think it's one movie I'll be in hurry to see in a while, in my opinion even if your a star trek fan or not, I'd wait for the Dvd. You'll find yourself feeling short changed. 

I don't like romantic comedies so I don't go to see them.

Dope - Not your typical coming-of-age film. Overall, a great movie, I highly recommend it.

Ex Machina - Not as good as I had heard/expected, maybe because the twists/reveals were obvious to me? Still worth watching.

Edited by FireFox

On 28/07/2016 at 04:05, DanNDH88 said:

New bourne movie is incredible

Yeah I seen it myself tonight, I've seen the other Bourne films and not really been impressed. When comparing it to Bond, I use to feel Bourne may have had a lot more action and gritt but less of the fun factor in the spy genre. This movie though I've got to say I really did enjoy it, it was full of action, fun, simple, intense, energetic and some good bit of drama. Lot of stuff the Bond film lacked last year. 7.5/10.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Guest seanfox778
On 28 July 2016 at 12:47, The Horse's Mouth said:

idk, I am a fan though. Thought the Visit was very good but before that he was on quite a rut. 

What did you think of Lady in the Water or whatever it was called? I never watched due to bad reviews, I love Unbreakable though, think it's well underrated with a great score.

Edited by seanfox778

9 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

What did you think of Lady in the Water or whatever it was called? I never watched due to bad reviews, I love Unbreakable though, think it's well underrated with a great score.

Lady in the Water is probably his worst. Unbreakable is definitely my favourite of his, both that and the Sixth Sense are GOAT tier cinema