Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just now, rico said:

Not seen The Shallows yet but some have said that this is better,if you liked Deep Blue Sea etc then you'll like this

I enjoyed the Shallows, I knew it was going to be a little slow but it was shot beautifully, acted well and it knew how to grow the tension, plus the shark is a real bad ass and the final confrontation was a little over the top but tense.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Train to Busan. Basically World War Z from a Korean perspective, almost all on a high-speed train.

Pretty gripping stuff, if you can find English subs it's well worth a look. Really cool to see some of the stations I've been in being used as sets, too.

Would be cool to find a pirate copy with english subs, rather than Asian subs for a change

21st Century's 100 greatest films, as compiled from the contributions of a load of film critics from all over the place.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20160819-the-21st-centurys-100-greatest-films

Nice to see Ratatouille in there, less nice to see the f***** Hurt Locker, which I think I was pretty much alone in the world in thinking was the biggest load of wank ever.

I've not seen Mulholland Drive since it came out, I can remember nothing about it other than I thought it was good at the time

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

21st Century's 100 greatest films, as compiled from the contributions of a load of film critics from all over the place.

Nice to see Ratatouille in there, less nice to see the f***** Hurt Locker, which I think I was pretty much alone in the world in thinking was the biggest load of wank ever.

I've not seen Mulholland Drive since it came out, I can remember nothing about it other than I thought it was good at the time

There are at least 2 of us.

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

31 minutes ago, Webbo said:

There are at least 2 of us.

Make that 3! Overhyped horsehit!

EDIT: Though to be fair, it's way down the list. AI Artificial Intelligence too. Urgh, utter rubbish.

EDIT again! : What in the blue hell is Mad Max: Fury Road doing in the top 20?! Fvck sake, some of those critics need to have a word with themselves.

Edited by Darkon84

On 22/08/2016 at 08:31, JimmyB said:

Watched David Brent: Life on the Road, on Saturday night. 4 big Office fans all in agreement that it was terrible. Massive disappointment. 

I'm dying to see it so it's interesting to hear this.

Did you see the trailers/think they were good?

8 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Shocked Singh is Bling isn't atleast number 3

30 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Shocked Singh is Bling isn't atleast number 3

I've just read the plot of that, and I'll be honest, good Dr, it sounds like a total f****** mess.

It's a wild accusation, but it's almost.... it's almost as if they came up with the name first and then panicked

Just watched The Green Room. A punk band on a DIY tour play a gig to a bunch of neo-nazis and shit goes down. The film plays out through a standoff between the band and the skinheads, lead by a chilling Patrick Stewart. Well directed, well acted and some nice gore in there. Would definitely recommend.

Also saw Primer last night. Low budget time travel flick. total mind fck but worth a watch.

aaand Sausage party certainly got a bit WTF there towards the end

On 25 August 2016 at 10:46, RonnieTodger said:

I really enjoyed the Brent movie. It was never going to be the same as the Office and whilst it was quite cheesy, some bits were tearfully funny.

I must have watched the directors cut as I don't think I even cracked a smile and I'm a big office fan. 

Ricky Gervis has turned into David Brent, he produced, wrote, directed and was in his own film. He did it to stroke his ego and that's it. 

On 8/25/2016 at 10:46, RonnieTodger said:

I really enjoyed the Brent movie. It was never going to be the same as the Office and whilst it was quite cheesy, some bits were tearfully funny.

Agree. I went to watch it last night and in parts it was really funny. The bit where he's with the therapist  (or whatever she was) really got me.