Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched the Revenant whilst on the plane back from Canada ....    fell asleep half way through and slept for a few hours ....     started to watch the remainder before we landed and 30 minutes from the end it got shut off cus we were landing.    Looked like a good film !!    

Watched the Revenant whilst on the plane back from Canada ....    fell asleep half way through and slept for a few hours ....     started to watch the remainder before we landed and 30 minutes from the end it got shut off cus we were landing.    Looked like a good film !!    

Watched it again last night on Sky Box office (or store or something) for about £5.99 and guess what ...     fell a fookin sleep again !!

Ain't watching it again someone just tell me did he get the bloke at the end who killed his son ....     no don't bother I think I can guess.

Verdict :  Great film but too fookin long !

Watched The Conjuring 2, great film. The best part though was when it got to a really tense peep round a door type moment and I did a really loud sneeze and nearly killed 3/4 of the audience. So funny.

• Like 1

This evening I decided to watch Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. If Jar Jar  Binks wasn't in it I personally feel it would have been an 8/10 but unfortunately I rate it a 6.5. Darth Maul is also a character that they could have developed much more.

Finally got around to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, I can't believe what I was missing out on before. Looking forward to the sequel and I think it is better than Star Wars to be honest. 

* Strap my tin helmet on*

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

Went to see independence day resurgence last night, I've been looking forward to seeing this film for some time as I'm massive fan of the original. Again the sequel idea is not a bad thing as there was one or two questions at end of the first film that still could have been answered like... where do these aliens actually come from?, Are there more of them?. The trailers for this movie have really been decent, though one or two I feel have done that recent annoying thing Hollywood do now, which is give away too much in the trailer. I went to this movie both excited and nervous because in recent times we've learn't a lot of movies that are sequel to a classic to be very weak and dull. 

On the movie itself, i'd class it in the "it's alright" catagory. It's not as great as the original but it's not as bad as some critics are making out. I was never bored while watching this movie, I was kept entertained through and some of the new characters introduced are alright, though I admit I find Liam Hemsworth character to be very annoying. I feel at times he's trying to be too much like the Will Smith character and doing a bad job of it at best. You would have thought Will Smith's son's character would been more like this but to be honest I find he was quite under used in this film. In fact I don't even think you needed him in this movie. Speaking recurring characters all of them are doing their best, Jeff Goldblum is great as ever. Bill Pullman is decent though I don't think we see enough of him, Judd Hirsch doesn't look like he's aged a bit in those twenty years and in every scene he appears in, is a delight.

Mr Whitmore's daughter returns played by this time the really gerogous Makie Monroe, who really impressed with her performance. Vivica A.Fox does return sadly I've got to say out of the characters returning her's is probably the weakest written, she's barely in the movie, which is such a shame considering she was a major character in the first film. As seen from the trailers so it's not a spoiler, somehow Dr Okun returns. Who gets a few good laughs when he's on screen though I do question, did the film really need him returning?

As mentioned in all, it's a decent alien invasion flick it's not perfect, I do feel it lacks something and do feel the film suffers a little without Will Smith. That I feel is one thing keeping it a good ID4 2. Killing him off screen, I think was a mistake I think they should have made out he went missing on a mission and presumed dead and then tried to bring him back for the third movie.

One thing I will criticize Is the dialogue at times, at times I found some the lines less natrual and chessy.

I think this is a perfect for the whole family, it isn't too scary for the kids. Infact I think they'll love this, even if there new to this. Plus I think the older auidence who seen the original will get some fun out of this. Go and see it, it's a perfect action packed summer movie, the story is nothing new it's been used before many times in other movies but its less complicated than some movies do it. 7/10. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

Finally got around to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, I can't believe what I was missing out on before. Looking forward to the sequel and I think it is better than Star Wars to be honest. 

* Strap my tin helmet on*

Best Super movie made.  (next to deadpool) 

Watched Green Room tonight, it's about a punk band that play a gig at a nazi warehouse type place and it goes Pete tongue. Very good film, thoroughly recommend it 8/10.

I watched this tonight too,agree it was very good