Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

3 hours ago, pSinatra said:

Watched it this afternoon & really enjoyed it.  As much as I liked it, I couldn't recommend it to anyone.  I'm not sure it's everyones cup of tea.  The missus didn't get it.  She still cried at the end though.........but didn't know why?

I genuinely don't understand what's not to get, but glad you enjoyed it. One of the screenwriting blogs I read reviewed it and was basically saying that it breaks so many rules and shouldn't work but just.... does somehow.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Finally managed to watch Interstellar over the weekend - it took me two increments of about an hour and a half each.

Matthew-McConaughey-in-In-014.jpg?w=620&

However, it was quite worth the effort, as it is a very philosophical and demanding movie about family, love, willpower, survival instinct and time travel.

Obviously not made for a younger audience, you need some additional life experience to further grasp the concept.

Was very lucky to see this last year at the Royal Albert Hall with a live orchestra performing the score. Absolutely stunning experience. They had an interval in the middle as it is such a bloody long film but before it began they had Stephen Hawking introducing Brian Cox (scientist not the actor), Christopher Nolan (director), Hans Zimmer (composer) and Kip Thorne (physicist who inspired the real science in the film); Cos basically led a discussion for 45 minutes about the science which was really interesting. Then they brought on Michael Caine to introduce the film (he was really funny).

It was rather surreal watching a film with an audience of 5,000 (especially when there was a standing ovation after the re-docking scene which was AMAZING).

I then saw Back To The Future there last summer and can't wait to see something else there again. It's expensive (about £35+) but totally worth it.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Was very lucky to see this last year at the Royal Albert Hall with a live orchestra performing the score. Absolutely stunning experience. They had an interval in the middle as it is such a bloody long film but before it began they had Stephen Hawking introducing Brian Cox (scientist not the actor), Christopher Nolan (director), Hans Zimmer (composer) and Kip Thorne (physicist who inspired the real science in the film); Cos basically led a discussion for 45 minutes about the science which was really interesting. Then they brought on Michael Caine to introduce the film (he was really funny).

It was rather surreal watching a film with an audience of 5,000 (especially when there was a standing ovation after the re-docking scene which was AMAZING).

I then saw Back To The Future there last summer and can't wait to see something else there again. It's expensive (about £35+) but totally worth it.

The big question on all this is could you buy an ice blast? If no, Not worth £35.

12 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They're doing ET over Christmas which I imagine will be great with live orchestra. I was lucky enough to see the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra perform the John Williams collection a couple of weeks ago and the ET part was fantastic!

55 minutes ago, marko said:

They're doing ET over Christmas which I imagine will be great with live orchestra. I was lucky enough to see the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra perform the John Williams collection a couple of weeks ago and the ET part was fantastic!

I was just looking at things coming up and now I really want to see ET. Jurassic Park is on at the beginning of November but there's no seats left below £60 so that's out of the window sadly. I really hope they do some of these films again but they don't seem to have repeated any from what I can tell. Brassed Off could be good in May!

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Was going to say, £35 and no option of an iceblast would be criminal.

Went to a gig there won a full orchestra a few months ago, was so good.

It is a really impressive venue. The first thing I saw there was a Monty Python one-off performance of an opera version of Life of Brian (Not The) Messiah - Eric Idle is a genius. I'd love to go to Last Night of The Proms one day but you have to go to about 5 things in the season to be even with a chance of getting at ticket I'm led to believe. 

Enjoyed the new Tom Hanks film Inferno today. I think he's a remarkably versatile actor and was on top form in this I thought. I usually drift off in the cinema and start checking e-mail or FT, but this kept me engaged from start to finish. I don't read novels but I can see why Dan Brown has sold so many books. Interesting story and theory and well worth a watch imo. 8/10 for me :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Dr Strange, another good origin story for the Marvel cinematic universe with some very Inception style fight scenes and the inter dimensional travel looks very colourful and a little trippy.

Has two end credit scenes too :)

Edited by ithuriel

On 11/4/2016 at 20:04, Beliall said:

cant wait for this, actually posted it earlier but i guess i lost all of todays posts when the forum shit itself

I was a bit worried about it, being the original is one of my all-time favourite films.

That trailer made me feel better.

Guest seanfox778

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11744377

They're now remaking Ocean's Eleven with an all female cast. The film is already a remake and isn't even that old. Are they really that low on ideas? It's like they're trying to prove a point of some sort, like Ghostbusters by using all females. 

It appears to be Melissa McCarthy free though, thankfully. Someone should remake Little Women with an all male cast to p**s (not sure if considered a swear word on here) them off.

Just now, seanfox778 said:

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11744377

They're now remaking Ocean's Eleven with an all female cast. The film is already a remake and isn't even that old. Are they really that low on ideas? It's like they're trying to prove a point of some sort, like Ghostbusters by using all females. 

It appears to be Melissa McCarthy free though, thankfully. Someone should remake Little Women with an all male cast to p**s (not sure if considered a swear word on here) them off.

It does seem to be some kind of statement being made. Like the ghostbusters, I wont be watching